THE BROWNS BOARD

If I Were Jimmy Haslam...

lodilobo

...I would have fired every coach on this team, last night...and Holmgren. I have been an eternally optimistic Browns' fan since I was a kid....many years ago...but that optimism has been gone since the beginning of the Holgren era. I don't really like or dislike the guy, but I have yet to see any improvement on this team since Mangini was coach. In fact, in my opinion, that was the last time I saw the team play with any heart, with a few exceptions....maybe Colt MCcoy, and Josh Cribbs. I know it was just a pre season game, but I saw nothing about the first string players on offense or defense that would lead me to hope for anything more than a 3 - 13 season. Weeden looked like a rookie, which is normal. I really hope he develops into a good qb, but at the very best, it looks like it won't be happening anytime soon. I think MCcoy is a pretty good choice for a back up qb....he was definitely the best Browns qb on the field last night. The defense still sucks, and maybe the injuries are a factor, but they still suck. After taking it all in, and maybe I just don't have any patience left, I would prefer to see Haslam clean house on this entire management before the regular season starts. It won't equate into more wins, but I don't think it could possibly hurt. Just my opinion.

I know i am beating a dead horse saying this but, it is only year 2 under our head coach. We can make excuses all day about why we lose, but at the end of the day we have to look at these young guys and say have they gotten any better from last year. I would rather go through growing pains with rookies then with old ass vets. The rookies we have or second year players we have look actually promising. Heckert has done a nice job finding some real talent late in the drafts. Its kinda like the presidency, you dont see progress from the current president until the new one gets there and they get all the credit for it. Shurmur needs at least 2 mores years of a chance or we will be stuck in this shit carousel of new coaches. Our team has some positives and we as fans will be rewarded soon enough. Win or lose you have to still bleed those colors. Go Browns!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know i am beating a dead horse saying this but, it is only year 2 under our head coach. We can make excuses all day about why we lose, but at the end of the day we have to look at these young guys and say have they gotten any better from last year. I would rather go through growing pains with rookies then with old ass vets. The rookies we have or second year players we have look actually promising. Heckert has done a nice job finding some real talent late in the drafts. Its kinda like the presidency, you dont see progress from the current president until the new one gets there and they get all the credit for it. Shurmur needs at least 2 mores years of a chance or we will be stuck in this shit carousel of new coaches. Our team has some positives and we as fans will be rewarded soon enough. Win or lose you have to still bleed those colors. Go Browns!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man....if I had a dollar for every year that I thought the same thing that you just posted, I would have bought the Browns.

Man....if I had a dollar for every year that I thought the same thing that you just posted, I would have bought the Browns.

You are a billion years old? :lol:

It's just a preseason game though so it means nothing. Haslam won't make any big decisions until after the season. In fact, if you watched his press conference, you would have seen Haslam state that Lerner really still has control of the team through October or so. So if we start 0-7 or something, then maybe Haslam makes a change but that's about the only way big changes will happen this year..

HERE IS A CUT AND PASTE FROM THE ESPN NFL RECAP PAGE..................(Sorry, no graphices pasted)

>>Game center: Browns @ Lions

FINAL

New beginning for Browns

Rookie QB Brandon Weeden blew hot and cold in three series on the field, but the Browns had enough to beat the Lions in his debut.<<

That's the headline that matters to me. DId we play like we all hope for? Didn't matter, whatever shit we had, it was better than the lions effort.

Weeden will be fine. We need Richardons recovered and healthy, and it will happen.

Agreed. I don't care that Weeden threw an INT. The biggest thing I noticed about our new QB is that he is not afraid of throwing the ball all over the field. We don't want a QB that is hesitant to make plays. Weeden will be fine especially if Richardson returns by week 1.

Yep, in regards to the final score, our uniforms beat their uniforms, no doubt about it. However, if you are a halfway intelligent human, then you realize that the men in the uniforms that were responsible for the Browns' victory, will not be in those uniforms when the games start to count. Instead, the men that were in the orange & brown uniforms that got pushed all over the field, and were generally mauled and out played in ever aspect, will actually be the ones in those uniforms when the games actually count.

Spin it all you want, but if you liked what you saw last night, then you don't know football.

I haven't been optimistic about the Browns since the 1999 opener. Richardson's surgery bugs me but I think he will be fine, or at least, I sincerely hope.

I will say it again, no Lombardi Torphy has ever been given out at the draft or at pre-season. In fact, like any race, the only thing that maters is where you cross the finish line. The team that stinks in preseason may not stink by the time the middle of the season rolls around. OUr hope has to be that we see a better efforts each week.

The contrary case to this is akin to having bratwurst shoved up your ass, so let's not talk about it.

Perhaps the most irritating thing in all of this is that if the Browns suck this year, we will again be vulnerable to ingest shit like."New owner, new QB, new FO and new coaches desrve a few years to prove themselves.

Right now, nobody can post a credible argument that Heckertt, Holmgren and Shurmur have been good for the Browns. At some point people have to be accountable for "shitting or gettting off the pot."

That said, I reamin a homer. Here is what I know about yesterday's game. The ENTIRE group of men and women known as teh Detroit Lions met in a pre season football game with the Clveland Browns. The Browns won.

Bitcha bout the stats all you want, and try to predict gloom based on those stats, but ask youself, if those stats doom the team, why did the team win?

Fuck the Stats, and fuck all teh emotions and questions surrounding the team. RIght now, today, in the best vehicle the league has to gauge teams at this point of the season, the Browns are 1 - 0. UNDEFEATED.

Amen to that Ghoolie. I'll take wins with poorer stats all season long - winning breads winning and Detroit were shocked to lose last night and weren't playing flag out there either.

...I would have fired every coach on this team, last night...and Holmgren. I have been an eternally optimistic Browns' fan since I was a kid....many years ago...but that optimism has been gone since the beginning of the Holgren era. I don't really like or dislike the guy, but I have yet to see any improvement on this team since Mangini was coach. In fact, in my opinion, that was the last time I saw the team play with any heart, with a few exceptions....maybe Colt MCcoy, and Josh Cribbs. I know it was just a pre season game, but I saw nothing about the first string players on offense or defense that would lead me to hope for anything more than a 3 - 13 season. Weeden looked like a rookie, which is normal. I really hope he develops into a good qb, but at the very best, it looks like it won't be happening anytime soon. I think MCcoy is a pretty good choice for a back up qb....he was definitely the best Browns qb on the field last night. The defense still sucks, and maybe the injuries are a factor, but they still suck. After taking it all in, and maybe I just don't have any patience left, I would prefer to see Haslam clean house on this entire management before the regular season starts. It won't equate into more wins, but I don't think it could possibly hurt. Just my opinion.

heck, a bunch of starters didn't even play in that game- on both sides. It's developed to the point you play the preseason to not get your important guys hurt, and see who the backups are going to be.

The plus is Weeden looks like he actually could develop into a real franchise qb- he certainly has the arm.

It's the first preseason game, and means nothing. Teams have gone 4-0 preseason, and gone 2-14 when it counts. Or gone 0-4, and won the Superbowl. Chill out. You can bet Haslam won't do anything until after this season plays out. Though I do think if nothing else, should Shurmur pull another 2-14 stinker out of his hat, he's definitely gone.

You are a billion years old? :lol: Slight exaggeration....to get my point across.

It's just a preseason game though so it means nothing. Haslam won't make any big decisions until after the season. In fact, if you watched his press conference, you would have seen Haslam state that Lerner really still has control of the team through October or so. Again...slight exaggeration...I am aware of the controlling interest in the team. You really shouldn't take comments so literal. So if we start 0-7 or something, then maybe Haslam makes a change but that's about the only way big changes will happen this year..

That's right....it's just a pre season game, and means nothing. If we would have lost 44 - 0, but showed some sort of improvement in some area, I would be thrilled.

There wasnt much to be happy about but it was just the first preseason game. We have a lot of rookies and hopefully they will get things down by the regular season. Gordon looks awful. The receivers can't catch. The D will probably get ran all over again.

But I believe with Richardson the offense will be a different team. They defense will have to respect the run more and it will open things up for the passing game. The offensive play calling was much better. The team actually moved the sticks on second or third and long.

I'm still optimistic but also reserved about hoping for too much.

I haven't been optimistic about the Browns since the 1999 opener. Richardson's surgery bugs me but I think he will be fine, or at least, I sincerely hope.

I will say it again, no Lombardi Torphy has ever been given out at the draft or at pre-season. In fact, like any race, the only thing that maters is where you cross the finish line. The team that stinks in preseason may not stink by the time the middle of the season rolls around. OUr hope has to be that we see a better efforts each week.

The contrary case to this is akin to having bratwurst shoved up your ass, so let's not talk about it.

Perhaps the most irritating thing in all of this is that if the Browns suck this year, we will again be vulnerable to ingest shit like."New owner, new QB, new FO and new coaches desrve a few years to prove themselves.

Right now, nobody can post a credible argument that Heckertt, Holmgren and Shurmur have been good for the Browns. At some point people have to be accountable for "shitting or gettting off the pot."

That said, I reamin a homer. Here is what I know about yesterday's game. The ENTIRE group of men and women known as teh Detroit Lions met in a pre season football game with the Clveland Browns. The Browns won.

Bitcha bout the stats all you want, and try to predict gloom based on those stats, but ask youself, if those stats doom the team, why did the team win?

Fuck the Stats, and fuck all teh emotions and questions surrounding the team. RIght now, today, in the best vehicle the league has to gauge teams at this point of the season, the Browns are 1 - 0. UNDEFEATED.

lol... Whatever helps you sleep better at night dude.

If Detroit had to win that game they would have.

The plus is Weeden looks like he actually could develop into a real franchise qb- he certainly has the arm.

I'm rooting for Weeden, but I'm not going to go ga-ga over everything that I hear about his arm. I'd rather have a noodle arm Brian Sipe than a laser beam throwing Mike Phipps any day.

Weeden needs snaps. Hopefully, he'll be playing until at least halftime for the next two games.

I'm rooting for Weeden, but I'm not going to go ga-ga over everything that I hear about his arm. I'd rather have a noodle arm Brian Sipe than a laser beam throwing Mike Phipps any day.

Weeden needs snaps. Hopefully, he'll be playing until at least halftime for the next two games.

Exactly Roach. I liked what I saw- but DA also had Rocket arm- with mis-guided missiles.

and the guy who hired him.

That goes without saying. Holmgren may be gone regardless, short of a playoff berth.

Exactly Roach. I liked what I saw- but DA also had Rocket arm- with mis-guided missiles.

That goes without saying. Holmgren may be gone regardless, short of a playoff berth.

How convenient for him either way...But one thing Randy kept his promise on...if the team did not win. He would sell the franchise and he did just that.

Actually, it is YOU who don't know football. If, ands or buts come into play in the majority of NFL games. People like you always ocme up with meaningless, impotent, lame, limp bullshit after the fact that has no bearing on reality and other than for jackoffs, doens't even warrant conversation.

Nobody is syaing the Browns played super caliber football. WHat we are saying is what matters, Given the contest put before us, given all teh same conditions that paplied ot both teams as far as ist game, preseason, trying out new things..... blah blah blah............. The effort the Browns put forward was better than the effort the lIons put forward and the Browns won.

There are no oints given for mauling, outplaying or any of that other meaningless bullshit.

As far as the "men in uniforms", who teh fuck are you, Nostra-dumbass, to say that when teh REGULAR officials take over that they might not even be MORE beneficial to us? What the fuck stat are you pulling out of your vagina that supports teh Browns will suffer when the regular officials take the field?

The Browns got a break? Happens all teh fucking time, and it will happen for us again.

As far as your other mix of dribble and snot, let me use your logivce...... NEXT TIME.... the lions won't be so lucky to have a green rookie, next time Weeden won't be throwing ints, next time Richardson will be in the backfield....

BLah blah blah blah blah.............. save all your "if" bullshit. The Browns are 1-0. They won the fucking game. If they win 16 regular season games in teh same fashion, that's fine with me.

Hey, wannabe internet sensation....Fuck Off

Also, learn how to use English grammar, and a spelling class or two wouldn't hurt either.

Amen to that Ghoolie. I'll take wins with poorer stats all season long - winning breads winning and Detroit were shocked to lose last night and weren't playing flag out there either.

At some are getting it, my big time friend Ghoolie as usual and now Howidawg

i predict that everyone having a 'IN HOLMGREN WE TRUST' moniker as their sig will soon remove it.

and ghoulie will do a 360.....again.

man i'm looking like the amazing kresking right now.

ghoulie hated holgren and heckert months ago. then after the draft got on board and actually backed holmgren and heckert in posts before haslam bought the team. as sonn as that was announced we got this:

so does your good friend actually know football or base his statements to conform to the masses?

man i'm looking like the amazing kresking right now.

ghoulie hated holgren and heckert months ago. then after the draft got on board and actually backed holmgren and heckert in posts before haslam bought the team. as sonn as that was announced we got this:

so does your good friend actually know football or base his statements to conform to the masses?

Bingo. It's not the first time he has completely changed his opinion and it won't be the last. As for Rich, I swear he cheers harder for Ghoolie than he does for his beloved Steelers..

Archived