THE BROWNS BOARD

First Team Offense

browni8878

Andrew Luck was on the field for the entire first ahlf for his first pre season game. That what Shurmur need to do with Weeden, Shurmer has him playing 2 series as if Weeden was a seasoned vet, that pissed me off, this team needs chemistry during game speed. Lets see more of the first team this week.

Andrew Luck was on the field for the entire first ahlf for his first pre season game. That what Shurmur need to do with Weeden, Shurmer has him playing 2 series as if Weeden was a seasoned vet, that pissed me off, this team needs chemistry during game speed. Lets see more of the first team this week.

I remember when I failed English class.

Calm down Chuckles. Most coaches don't let their 1st team players play that much in the first preseason game. This week against Green Bay is going to be the teams dress rehearsal game for the preseason so we should see the first teamers in the game for the whole first half if not the first 3 quarters.

Shurmer already stated they would play the whole first half this week...

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-1/Shurmur-press-conf-transcript---812/01ce473e-c75d-4bf3-9136-8b6a352bb8b7

(On if he regards the second game as his dress rehearsal) – “I think what’s happened over the years is that’s become part of an industry deal that the third game is the dress rehearsal. I think you learn things in each game and you work on different things. The guys that line up as our ones will play half the game this week and that’s typical of what happens in most of the third games. The uniqueness of our year is its Philadelphia and it’s our opener and the guys that are lining up as the ones will play around a half this week.”

I think Weeden needs to play more. You don't get timing and repertoire with your receivers when you are watching from the sidelines.

I think Weeden needs to play more. You don't get timing and repertoire with your receivers when you are watching from the sidelines.

rapport

I think Weeden will again go all DA... and Colt will once again prove to be the superior QB in presence, mobility, moxie, accuracy, awareness and vision. :D

Not to start a QB controvery but... Look, I'm on board if he can get the job done but I'm not in favor of starting him if he's not ready. Just because he was a first round QB at close to 30 years old don't mean jack to me. Chances are that IF we didn't take him when we did he'd still have been sitting there in the second... or in the third...

I like what Colt brings to the table, he never gives up on a play and can make things happen with his feet. He's smart with the football and doesn't throw many interceptions either. I believe that right now, with the team surrounding Colt this year that we can have a winning season and go deep into the playoffs. Richardson, Little, Gordon, Cameron, Benjamin, and Smelley are a stong enough supporting cast to enable Colt to do what he does best... Win.

I think Weeden will again go all DA... and Colt will once again prove to be the superior QB in presence, mobility, moxie, accuracy, awareness and vision. :D

Not to start a QB controvery but... Look, I'm on board if he can get the job done but I'm not in favor of starting him if he's not ready. Just because he was a first round QB at close to 30 years old don't mean jack to me. Chances are that IF we didn't take him when we did he'd still have been sitting there in the second... or in the third...

I like what Colt brings to the table, he never gives up on a play and can make things happen with his feet. He's smart with the football and doesn't throw many interceptions either. I believe that right now, with the team surrounding Colt this year that we can have a winning season and go deep into the playoffs. Richardson, Little, Gordon, Cameron, Benjamin, and Smelley are a stong enough supporting cast to enable Colt to do what he does best... Win.

There is no controversy. Maybe in your head. Listen, Colt can reach his full potential and still never be a starter again. He is a great kid, but the skill will never be enough. If you didn't know this teams actually draft back up qbs. McCoy won the job because of injuries. If Wallace never got hurt you would have never seen Colt take a NFL snap. Now you want to suggest if Weeden struggles the team should put Colt in? If that happens at any point this season we're in more trouble than you're apparently capable of understanding.

... I always thought that it was odd that we would draft a guy that throws a harder ball when our receivers already had problems holding onto the ball. My money is on Colt McCoy taking the starting job very soon. It is only OBVIOUS who is better!

presence, mobility, moxie, accuracy, awareness and vision.

All of these are required to throw a pass in the NFL. Weeden's eyes were like saucers out there on Friday Night. He needs time... Who better for right here and now, this year to take our team to the Playoffs than Colt McCoooy!!!!!

All of these are required to throw a pass in the NFL. Weeden's eyes were like saucers out there on Friday Night. He needs time... Who better for right here and now, this year to take our team to the Playoffs than Colt McCoooy!!!!!

While I applaud your effort, McCoy still plays scared. It's obvious by watching him break from the pocket too early. They both were guilty of staring the receivers down, difference is McCoy isn't a rookie anymore. I liked Weedens ability to get the ball where they can catch and YAC it. Yes he overcompensated it by trying to over anticipate the routes. It's his first PRESEASON game after all. I'd rather our QB be OVER confident than scared. That translates into passes downfield where the receiver doesn't have to jump up backwards and break his tailbone in the process. Weeden even said he tried to play faster to try and compensate for his inexperience. Not to mention the FO already stands behind him fully.

Not to mention the FO already stands behind him fully.

you mean the soon to be gone front office?

nobody's job is safe on this team even our rookie QB. listen i believe in continuity blah blah blah but i never believed in holmgren, especially when it was clear he fired mangini to hire a friends kid.

if this team lays another egg like last year expect a lot of changes, just not in the FO.

you mean the soon to be gone front office?

nobody's job is safe on this team even our rookie QB. listen i believe in continuity blah blah blah but i never believed in holmgren, especially when it was clear he fired mangini to hire a friends kid.

if this team lays another egg like last year expect a lot of changes, just not in the FO.

I agree, though I could see some continuity because I believe both Childress and Juron will be candidates for the head coaching job.

If we only win 4 games, the decision is easy. Win 6 and it will give some pause for thought, but they probably go. 7 wins is the magic number for Homie and crew.

I agree, though I could see some continuity because I believe both Childress and Juron will be candidates for the head coaching job.

If we only win 4 games, the decision is easy. Win 6 and it will give some pause for thought, but they probably go. 7 wins is the magic number for Homie and crew.

With this Haslam guy I don't think even 7-9 will cut the cake when considering who to boot outta the FO.

Did he really say "moxie"?

After Frye, Quinn and McCoy, I don't ever want to hear the word "moxie" associated with one of our quarterbacks ever again. Brian Sipe happens once a lifetime, get over it.

Big dude with a cannon, half a brain and accuracy ... that's what we need ... that's what every team needs.

Zombo

--Shep ruined the word "moxie" and all smallish QBs for me ....

presence - not even close. weedz stood in the pocket and fired the ball. colt took off running several times. to this day, ive never observed colt stand in the pocket and deliver, he often bails way to early...which doesn't make the OL job any easier.

mobility - check. kids got great wheels....but uses them way too often.

moxie - huh? this is debatable...both on merit and relevance.

accuracy - come on....his short range accuracy is average, long range is non-existent. he is certainly no better than brandon in this regard.

awareness - not so good. as stated, he moves from the pocket when ghosts get close. if anything, i think his awareness is a hindrance.

vision - is terrible. utterly...terrible. he doesn't even look at 2/3 of the field.

look....colt should look serviceable at this point....he's got 20+ games started under his belt, and considerably more knowledge of the offense. thats his only advantage over weeden. however, ive seen his fools gold last year in the preseason. when the games counted, it didn't look so good.

colt was given all last year and didn't look so good. why would it make sense to surmise that the coaches will get the jitters and pull weeden to insert colt? its weedens year, whether he looks like an all-pro or a bust.

presence - not even close. weedz stood in the pocket and fired the ball. colt took off running several times. to this day, ive never observed colt stand in the pocket and deliver, he often bails way to early...which doesn't make the OL job any easier.

mobility - check. kids got great wheels....but uses them way too often.

moxie - huh? this is debatable...both on merit and relevance.

accuracy - come on....his short range accuracy is average, long range is non-existent. he is certainly no better than brandon in this regard.

awareness - not so good. as stated, he moves from the pocket when ghosts get close. if anything, i think his awareness is a hindrance.

vision - is terrible. utterly...terrible. he doesn't even look at 2/3 of the field.

look....colt should look serviceable at this point....he's got 20+ games started under his belt, and considerably more knowledge of the offense. thats his only advantage over weeden. however, ive seen his fools gold last year in the preseason. when the games counted, it didn't look so good.

colt was given all last year and didn't look so good. why would it make sense to surmise that the coaches will get the jitters and pull weeden to insert colt? its weedens year, whether he looks like an all-pro or a bust.

Hell, my penis has mobility, accuracy (never misses the toilet), awareness and moxie, plenty of moxie ... but it can't play QB for us because, just like Colt McCoy ... it doesn't have an arm.

Zombo

Hell, my penis has mobility, accuracy (never misses the toilet), awareness and moxie, plenty of moxie ... but it can't play QB for us because, just like Colt McCoy ... it doesn't have an arm.

Zombo

sorry about that. mine looks like a baby's arm holding an apple.

don't think it could hold a football though.

Did he really say "moxie"?

After Frye, Quinn and McCoy, I don't ever want to hear the word "moxie" associated with one of our quarterbacks ever again. Brian Sipe happens once a lifetime, get over it.

Big dude with a cannon, half a brain and accuracy ... that's what we need ... that's what every team needs.

Zombo

--Shep ruined the word "moxie" and all smallish QBs for me ....

I understand Sipe was NFL mvp once but I'm not sure why he's talked about so reverently. It was Bernie Kosar who engineered the Browns' best run in my lifetime. I will always put kosar ahead of Sipe.

Archived