THE BROWNS BOARD

Pat Shurmur Must Go...

DyingHero

This man just said everything I've been thinking when I was watching the game. This MAN is worthy of being a Cleveland Browns coach. And Shurmur the boy can go FUCK himself. He can't get a rookie QB ready to save his GD life. We handed the ball off WAY too often. Branden Weeden should of got into a rhythm and should Thave been firing the ball all over the FIELD but yet it was The Hand Off To Hardesty Show. Well, F that, all that did was set us back a game or two. He needed the reps and Shurmur took those away from him. F u Shurmur, go work at Burger King you POS!

This man just said everything I've been thinking when I was watching the game. This MAN is worthy of being a Cleveland Browns coach. And Shurmur the boy can go FUCK himself. He can't get a rookie QB ready to save his GD life. We handed the ball off WAY too often. Branden Weeden should of got into a rhythm and should Thave been firing the ball all over the FIELD but yet it was The Hand Off To Hardesty Show. Well, F that, all that did was set us back a game or two. He needed the reps and Shurmur took those away from him. F u Shurmur, go work at Burger King you POS!

Maybe you should stop making this videos, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Our consistent run made Greenbay honor the play action and Weeden still had 20 tosses in the first half. Use your simple math. That would have been around 40 for the game if he was in the whole time. How often do you wan Weeden tossing the ball 40 times a game?

I challange anyone in there right mind to sit through this whole mind numbing bullshit from this loser(I made for 1 minute). Its evedent here that the brain and the mouth don't know what the other is doing. It shows what happens when you don't go to rehab and take your medications...

I'm not looking too heavily into the win, because I believe 14 of our points were put up by Graham Harrell.

We still played a good game, there were many positives that I take from it and I'm legitimately excited to see how the season unfolds. But I'm not expecting us to drop 35 on teams of GB's caliber in the regular season.

I'm not looking too heavily into the win, because I believe 14 of our points were put up by Graham Harrell.

We still played a good game, there were many positives that I take from it and I'm legitimately excited to see how the season unfolds. But I'm not expecting us to drop 35 on teams of GB's caliber in the regular season.

You take positives... GTFO??? I didn't think you did, hmmm, you must have been reading off your "Home Herpes" self test kit results.... I'm fully expecting you to be a complete jackass all season long in respone to intelligent and/or passionate posts.

2008 Lions 4-0 preseason 0-16 reg season.

Who gives a fuck about the pre season.

Get logic and reason out of here. Its about passion and excitement. These guys want it this year. You see it in practice. Its gonna be different.

/sarcasm

Whats funny is some people think preseason performance equates to record and stats.

Its about situations and film....putting players in situatikns to see how they respond. If you really think these games are about anything other than talent eval, then your looking at these games in the wrong way.

You take positives... GTFO??? I didn't think you did, hmmm, you must have been reading off your "Home Herpes" self test kit results.... I'm fully expecting you to be a complete jackass all season long in respone to intelligent and/or passionate posts.

Once you post an intelligent post, you'll see how I respond.

Until then, go fuck yourself to Trent Richardson's highlight tapes.

I'm fully expecting to read a ton of hyperbolic drivel throughout the season from you; I'm sure you won't disappoint.

Whats funny is some people think preseason performance equates to record and stats.

Its about situations and film....putting players in situatikns to see how they respond. If you really think these games are about anything other than talent eval, then your looking at these games in the wrong way.

Exactly. Preseason record doesn't mean shit. Winning the game means nothing. Too bad shurmur is coaching to win the games and not get reps and situation practice for our guys.

Trying to win isn't at odds with the film gathering. We're not saying winning isn't going to help these young guts psyche.

However, unlike the regular season, winning isn't the final goal in preseason. If it happens, its a nice bonus. But the main goal is getting film to help decide who to keep and who to cut

Winning always means something. Even in pre-season it is better then losing. You guys need some therapy.

That's what I'm saying. It breeds confidence no matter what season it is. It's ten times better than losing.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted the following elsewhere & believe it applies. I'm re-posting it here so some of the "expert Fans" who want to fire Shurmur now can argue it. My bet is many who WILL judge Shurmur a failure now also judged Kolb & Flinn to be worth big bucks as our starting QB based on a very few good games as backups. Who are THEY starting for next week?

Here is my post:

Last year, the Browns had new systems on both sides of the ball, new Coaching Staff, no training camp, no WRs, ONE oft injured experienced TE, no viable running game, no viable QB, a sieve for an O-line, & the HC lost all those games?....PLEASE!!

This year, we have significant upgrades in offensive talent, an OC, & a full off season. Just remember that most of the talent is very young and/or inexperienced, will make many mistakes, but also grow as a unit. I would be very upset had the play calling in pre-season been innovative as we do need to keep some things under wraps. Let's see what this Team shows (sans the normal sins of inexperience) before we go head hunting. Personally, I think the product & growth we see this season may surprise a lot of folks.

I'm a huge Joe Haden Fan, but Shurmur did the right thing & showed me some "Coaching Balls" by throwing Joe out of practice. It's been a very long time since we have seen a Browns' HC take a tough stance. Kudos to Pat for that one.

Bottom line is that it is too early to judge Shurmur. Also keep in mind that we now have 15 rookies on our 53 man roster, never mind how many 1 year players with no 2011 Training Camp.

Mike

I posted the following elsewhere & believe it applies. I'm re-posting it here so some of the "expert Fans" who want to fire Shurmur now can argue it. My bet is many who WILL judge Shurmur a failure now also judged Kolb & Flinn to be worth big bucks as our starting QB based on a very few good games as backups. Who are THEY starting for next week?

Here is my post:

Last year, the Browns had new systems on both sides of the ball, new Coaching Staff, no training camp, no WRs, ONE oft injured experienced TE, no viable running game, no viable QB, a sieve for an O-line, & the HC lost all those games?....PLEASE!!

This year, we have significant upgrades in offensive talent, an OC, & a full off season. Just remember that most of the talent is very young and/or inexperienced, will make many mistakes, but also grow as a unit. I would be very upset had the play calling in pre-season been innovative as we do need to keep some things under wraps. Let's see what this Team shows (sans the normal sins of inexperience) before we go head hunting. Personally, I think the product & growth we see this season may surprise a lot of folks.

I'm a huge Joe Haden Fan, but Shurmur did the right thing & showed me some "Coaching Balls" by throwing Joe out of practice. It's been a very long time since we have seen a Browns' HC take a tough stance. Kudos to Pat for that one.

Bottom line is that it is too early to judge Shurmur. Also keep in mind that we now have 15 rookies on our 53 man roster, never mind how many 1 year players with no 2011 Training Camp.

Mike

Fair enough Mike.

Shurmur had better show dramatic improvement this year if he wants to keep his job. It will have to be 7 wins minimum in my book.

Archived