THE BROWNS BOARD

Predict Our 2012 Wr/te

Browns57

In general there are 12 WR/TE that will make an NFL roster (and 1 on the practice squad). Who will they be this year for the Browns. One thing is for sure whoever they are they will be improved over who we had on our roster in 2011. :)

Benjamin, Travis WR

Cameron, Jordan TE

Cooper, Josh WR

Cribbs, Joshua PR/KR/SPTM/WR

Gordon, Josh WR

Gronkowski, Dan TE

Little, Greg WR

Massaquoi, Mohamed WR

Mitchell, Carlton WR

Moore, Evan TE

Norwood, Jordan PR/WR

Reed, Bert WR

Saffold, Jermaine WR

Smith, Alex TE

Spencer, Owen WR

Watson, Benjamin TE

Windsor, Rod WR (on practice squad last year)

Who do you think will stick this year?

Wow that was difficult. What a difference a year makes. Here are my selections.

Benjamin, Travis WR

Little, Greg WR

Gordon, Josh WR

Cribbs, Joshua PR/KR/SPTM/WR

Norwood, Jordan PR/WR

Cooper, Josh WR

Cameron, Jordan TE

Gronkowski, Dan TE

Moore, Evan TE

Smith, Alex TE

Watson, Benjamin TE

Massaquoi, Mohamed WR

Reed, Bert WR

Saffold, Jermaine WR

Spencer, Owen WR

Windsor, Rod WR (on practice squad last year)

Mitchell, Carlton WR(Still think there is potential here but...)

WR-

Benjamin

Massaqoui

Little

Gordon

Cribbs

Norwood

Mitchell

Practice squad- Cooper

TE-

Cameron

Watson

Moore

Smith

As much as people are ready to give up on Mitchell, I don't think the coaching staff will.

He had a good catch in Week 1 and has a much bigger upside than Cooper.

IMO, Cooper's chance of making the roster is a competition between him and Norwood. I don't think they keep both of them, at least to start the year.

If the Browns only carry 6 WR including Cribbs, remove Mitchell from my list and keep Cooper on PS.

1s Little and Massaquoi

2s Gordan and Benjamin

3s Norwood and Cribbs

PS Cooper

TE1 Watson

TE2 Cameron

TE3 Smith

TE4 Moore

Moore could get the Ax if they decide to keep both Marecik and Smelly on the final roster.

Massaquoi could be a shocker cut, but I think they are going to give him a shot to start with his experience.

Zombo

WR

Little

MoMass (somebody has to be a starter with some experience)

Benjamin

Cribbs

Norwood

Gordon

TE

Watson

Cameron

Moore

Windsor makes the practice squad.

I also think Smelley and Marecic make the team, so Smelley makes it as our H-Back playing both TE4 and FB2.

I only have 11 b/c I think we end up with an extra RB on the roster, either Ogby or Thomas.

Cooper doesn't appear athletic enough compared to some of these other guys. He was nice to have to get Weeden started, but he is not necessary from here on out. Mitchell can't stay healthy and obviously hasn't done enough to gain favor with the coaches. I hate to cut Alex Smith b/c only having the other 4 to block seems shaky, but I am optimistic that they all improved on their run-blocking and pass-protection over the offseason. Windsor will make a nice replacement if anybody gets hurt b/c he is a very average player and would make a nice WR6 on any team. No room for Gronk #3. And, the other 2 UDFAs didn't have a chance after we drafted Gordon. Who did I miss...? Owen Spencer... ehh

Smith is cut if Schwartz doesn't continue to show improvement. Smoth's only asset was his blocking ability, and if it turns out we do have actual bookend tackles, Smith will no longer be needed.

Copper might make it based solely on the fact he can catch the ball all the time, a la Joe J.

Mitchell has to be done, there's no way he isn't. We have enough 6'3 receivers who can't catch.

Archived