THE BROWNS BOARD

Bills Release Shawne Merriman

maddogg7888

Per ESPN, I was just curious what your guys thoughts were about signing him. I realize there is a 99% chance that won't happen but the way I see it, I believe we only have 1 sack so far this preseason, we could sign him for next to nothing, can never hurt to have enough guys that can get to the quarterback. Granted I have always called him overrated (only really had 3 good seasons), he stated he is in great shape and feels like he did when he came into the league. Your thoughts?

I'm not saying he should come in and start, i just don't see much if any potential in any of our de's outside of sheard, rucker, and parker. He could be a situational back-up, as mentioned above just because he was released doesn't mean he is complete garbage. He's coming off of his achilles injury last season and Buffalo has a stout front four with some great depth and I just thought he'd at least be worth a look at.

I'm not saying he should come in and start, i just don't see much if any potential in any of our de's outside of sheard, rucker, and parker. He could be a situational back-up, as mentioned above just because he was released doesn't mean he is complete garbage. He's coming off of his achilles injury last season and Buffalo has a stout front four with some great depth and I just thought he'd at least be worth a look at.

My money is on Rex Ryan taking a flier on this guy.

As for us by some chance getting him. Im pretty sure he is a 3-4 type LB, so I do not think he would be an option.

Archived