THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Vs Eagles

Soju

Thoughts so far?

The OL letting the Eagles get to Weeden like a hot knife through butter was uncalled for. It should not be that easy, and in typical Browns fashion we fumble in the red zone killing the drive. Do we get frantic when we are about to score and just F up? Who knows.

Weeden should of hit Little in the open field on that 3rd and 9. Rookie mistake.

Weeden had some great throws, too though.

Like the defense so far, Winn had great penetration and tackle for a loss.

Thoughts so far?

The OL letting the Eagles get to Weeden like a hot knife through butter was uncalled for. It should not be that easy, and in typical Browns fashion we fumble in the red zone killing the drive. Do we get frantic when we are about to score and just F up? Who knows.

Weeden should of hit Little in the open field on that 3rd and 9. Rookie mistake.

Weeden had some great throws, too though.

Like the defense so far, Winn had great penetration and tackle for a loss.

My Thoughts: This is going to be a typical Browns season. We will see improvements but not wins. How well we compete is going to purely depend on the O-Line.

Weeden is getting lambasted on NFL Live for his comments about his performance tonight being "good." Hopefully he doesn't truly believe that he's playing well and he's just trying to give some generic answers to the media. So far he does not look "good" in any sense of the word. As much as I dislike Wiley and Hasselback, I believe they're right in their assessment that McCoy gives them the best chance to win. Weeden has next to no athleticism and with this sieve of an offensive line, you need someone back there that can run for his life when he needs to (basically every snap that isn't a hand off). Essentially, for now the Browns need to stake their sacrificial goat (Colt) to the ground and let whatever happens happen. Until they can get an O-line and there's actually more than a second for a play to develop, Weeden will be useless for anything other than getting concussed on a weekly basis. Weeden is a 30 year old rookie from a gimmicky college offense. There really and truly isn't a lot of upside to him aside from pure arm strength, which history has shown us really doesn't mean as much as we thought it did.

Again, as far as his remarks about believing things are "good," he's either already got brain damage from getting plowed into the ground, early Alzheimer's, or he's completely full of shit.

As soon as RIchardson goes down with a knee injury or is averaging 1.4 yds per carry because he's not at Alabama anymore with a good O-line pushing people out of the way for him, I think you really have to just phone it in the rest of the way

Actually I disagree. We know the O Line is bad; So get more blocking tight ends to buy the QB more time and try to connect with the WR's. With this O-Line it is hard to guess who good Weeden can get. He may be DA 2.0 or something worse or something that is worth investing time on. These are the questions that we need to get answers for.

Actually I disagree. We know the O Line is bad; So get more blocking tight ends to buy the QB more time and try to connect with the WR's.

I would agree with you here except that I don't think can you run a heavy set every down. Not to mention the fact that a rookie's best friend aside from a good running game is a good pass catching tight end. Weeden will not have the security blanket that most QBs, even veteran QBs, rely on from week to week.

It looks like the same old Browns. Bad o-line, bad/injured running backs, no pass rush, fumbling Qb's, bad coaching, and a losing record for sure

Archived