THE BROWNS BOARD

Does The Fact Weeden Hasn't Thrown A Td Pass Yet Concern You?

Soju

Weeden has shown he can move the offense downfield rather quickly, he just hasnt been consistent doing it.

He has had smooth drives and three and outs. Hard to get him in an efficient rhythm.

I mean, lets not beat around the bush. So far this year, McCoy has shown more Consistency and poise, as expected, than Weeden. However, McCoy still also has shown his inability to stretch the field from the pocket. He always is rolling out to make plays with his feet, not bad, but just not reliable.

I hope Weeden can adapt to the speed of the pass rush defenses he will be playing. He CANNOT openly fumble every time hes sacked this year.

I was wondering the same thing yesterday, and was going to make a post about it. I guess at the end of the day, it really doesnt matter if he does or does not throw one in the preseason. I guess you look more for progression. He could have possibly thrown one on the next play after Hardesty fumbled, but we will never know. Also I watched Andrew Luck yesterday, and my god is he going to be a great QB.

Luck would have been frustrated as hell if he were with the Browns against the Eagles.

And McCoy - how does he stretch the field, when he is playing with the second team with no field stretchers?

and a LT who shouldn't be there because Mack would be a better LT ? Come on. It's preseason,

and the Browns have a lot of new faces.

Just hope most of the kinds get ironed out before the regular season.

That is a concern to me, Weeden not throwing for a TD yet, however, when Richardson gets back it's going to be on. Weeden is a big story right now because he's the first rounder out there playing right now. Richardson is the Main Attraction. I'm openly a Colt McCoy supporter but I do have to admit that if Richardson were here and working with the first team in this preseason, Weeden would have looked like Peyton Manning. Richardson brings an element that will bear down and slow down a defense.

Richardson! Richardson!! Richardson!!!

That is a concern to me, Weeden not throwing for a TD yet, however, when Richardson gets back it's going to be on. Weeden is a big story right now because he's the first rounder out there playing right now. Richardson is the Main Attraction. I'm openly a Colt McCoy supporter but I do have to admit that if Richardson were here and working with the first team in this preseason, Weeden would have looked like Peyton Manning. Richardson brings an element that will bear down and slow down a defense.

Oh man!

yeah if he can get healthy enough to play. and if he can stay healthy.

hope heckert didn't blow his load on another glass kneed RB.

You are a cock smoking faggot.

You are a cock smoking faggot.

Why don't you quit hanging from Mine AND Braylon's nutsacks you homophobic homo? ;)

Richardson won't be able to do shit if the o line continues to suck. My main concern is just that. Not Weeden. He's shown some sparks and I think he will do good if he gets some protection. But you cant run or throw with a swiss cheese o line

not only that but he has been very fortunate he hasn't had at least 4 passes picked off...but they say Dalton sucked in preseason last year too....who gives a crap about Dalton he sucks period!!! The only reason they give Dalton props is that he won a few games but Colt has a stronger arm then Andy and can escape from pressure better...So, basically they are saying Couch sucked in the preseason too so don't worry about Weeden because he won't be the starter past game three...just remember a ton of super bowl teams one the big one after their supposed "starter" went down.

All I am going to say is look at Dalton's rookie preseason compared to his regular rookie season. After his preseason games were over I was sure that he was going to be a bust. He went through the same growing pains as Weeden is currently going through. His line struggled a lot in the preseason, he still was in the beginning stages of building a report with his top WR, and he was transitioning from a spread offense in college to the more complicated WCO. He came out and shined during the regular season and I have a feeling that Weeden will do the same.

Why don't you quit hanging from Mine AND Braylon's nutsacks you homophobic homo? ;)

If I were afraid of gay people, why would I be on your nutsack?

The only thing I'm afraid of is seeing our runningback quit the NFL in shame after you break into his house and forcefully assrape him, you creepy fucking hillperson.

When has the redzone been good for us? Hillis is gone and we dont have anyone who can pound it in there.

uhmm...Richardson... hello? B)

If they can avoid the damn turnovers in the red zone, like they had Friday, and if and when TR is back in action....and he is all we think he is, I think the Browns will do OK with Red Zone execution.

Again, with as many as 5 rookies or more playing on that offense (BW3, TR, The Schartz, Flying J, Benjamin ...and maybe Smelley and Miller) I don't think this offense is going to gel immediatement. It will take time. I just hope we have the right play calling/coaching in place. That concerns me above all.

Weeden started off great against the Eagles. The OL gave him time to throw and complete passes 20+ yards downfield. We need more of that play calling and pass protection. Getting Richardson back will be huge because if teams do stack the box then Weeden needs to audible to a pass outside the box. Once we show teams we aren't scared to throw downfield then it will open up the running lanes.

Archived