THE BROWNS BOARD

Premium Rush Review

Premium Rush

Sony

PG 13 91 min

I don't think you have to be psychic to predict this one. In the car on the way to the theater I spoke it aloud. Wilee (like the coyote Joseph Gordon Levitt) is a daredevil bicycle riding delivery boy who has cast aside the seemingly easy life in law for the thrills add excitement one can glean from riding bicycles through New York city traffic at breakneck speed! He’s so screwy he’s removed the brakes from his ride to enhance the thrill. Then, somewhere soon after the beginning, there will be some sort of snafu with one of his deliveries and he will become the target of some very bad people! Then there will be an hour and a half of bicycle chase scenes and in the end, Wilee wins the bad guys lose and he gets the girl!

Well, friends, that was a hell of a lot easier to pinpoint than the lottery numbers!

Actually, to be honest, there was one big surprise. I would have predicted at least some above average level of sucking here. Lo and behold not only was it a suck free experience it was actually pretty damn good.

It’s not great and it’s going to be forgotten soon but you’ll have a little fun.

I know little about bicycles, I leave that to Steve and Dawn, but it’s impressive that Levitt did many of his own stunts. I’ve personally pout about ten miles on my own bike in the last three years so…..

Of the small glitches they might have made the bad cop (Michael Shannon) t a bit more evil. He seems a tad clownish and that distracts from the suspense. Still it’s only a PG 13.

And Levitt, a damn good actor is starting to get a little funny looking as he ages from his THIRD ROCK FROM THE SUN debut.

And we never really get very involved in the romantic sub plot, but it doesn’t really matter.

It is what it is.

And it’s fun.

B-

WSS

Archived