THE BROWNS BOARD

Can Shurmur Do Math?

hish747

How in the world does an NFL head coach not realize the importance of being up by 7 points?? Not going for the 2 point conversion after Jackson's pick six is a clear sign that Shurmer is not head coach material. I hope Haslem has the sense to clean house once he takes over. That move is laughable. Really I was beside myself when I saw Shurmer's single finger call for the Point after. I had a single finger for him too. Geesh.

I agree. I said the same thing while at then game. I thought a 2 pt conversion was in order.

Make it or not, a TD still beats you.

same here, as soon as DQ scored I was yelling for 2, and then saw dumbass shurmur running around with 1 finger up.

same here, as soon as DQ scored I was yelling for 2, and then saw dumbass shurmur running around with 1 finger up.

Your all idiots, it was to early to go for 2 with a whole Quarter left....What if philly kicked 2 field goals to win the game 16-15 then you say what an idiot going for 2..You guys are absolutely clueless thinking he didn`t think or discuss with his assistance into such a scenario as scoring a TD and what to do !

Think what you will but yeah the 2 point conversion was a no brainer with a tiring defense and mike vick on the opposing team but there again imho shurmur just sucks as a playcaller and we may as well had left mangini the non offensive minded over conservative nit wit in place as shurmur is no better at decisive decision making or playcalling ..

On a good note im looking forward to jimmy haslam cleaning this shit up from the top down once and for all..

Your all idiots, it was to early to go for 2 with a whole Quarter left....What if philly kicked 2 field goals to win the game 16-15 then you say what an idiot going for 2..You guys are absolutely clueless thinking he didn`t think or discuss with his assistance into such a scenario as scoring a TD and what to do !

That's what Pat said in his presser... to early...you are just as stupid as him?

That’s two scores tard 2 not one. He didn't discuss it, he even said it was to early. to early for what? Brandon wasn't and couldn't win the game for us later on...We had to win it at that point...if Weeden or Trent failed at that point fine. This is Brandon's game not Phil's no the D's. It all is on Brandon's shoulder. He took the reigns from McCoy it's his time to eat the turd or die...it's that simple. Pat needs to pound the turd in at that point...by not going for two he basically told Brandon and T-Rich I don't believe in you guys and I don’t' believe in the D either.

That was probably the worst coaching decision in that game besides not putting Colt in for the final drive.

Agree... except for the idiots bit. It was way too early to go for 2.

That said.... if we could have given Philly the ball on the 2 and let our D try for a safety, then I'd have done it... B)

Otherwise, as pointed out above, since we couldn't convert a 3rd and 2 with a long field, what makes anyone think our offense could convert a 2-point try in a compressed field.

Actually, you are clueless, or just a tool who swallows whatever the administration/coach dishes out hook, line and sinker. It doesn't make any difference if they are down by 5 or 6, the real difference is that if you are up by 7 points, a touchdown doesn't beat you. Any high school or peewee level coach understands this. It doesn't even really matter how early in the game it is, you go up by seven if you have the chance. It becomes much more important later on in the game when there is less time to do the two point conversion, but you still do it no matter what quarter you are in. And one thing Weeden proved that he could do is throw a short pass. So, I think he could have done this and at least should have tried. It certainly would have been at least as likely as driving to get into field goal range.

Look folks, the two point conversion was a no brainer for a coach that wants to win the game. I would like to see how the brain trust is going to cover this one up. I mean, I almost fell out of my chair when I saw Shurmur put up the one finger, but I settled down thinking, how likely is it that this comes down to one point.

And in the end, that probably is what Shurmur was thinking, there's no way the game is close anyway. He made the decision to play it safe since although a successful two point conversion puts the team in a better place, a failed two point conversion is riskier for his job. In other words, the coach chose what's best for his career over what's best for the team. In my opinion, this is even more reason to re-evaluate the head coach position.

Archived