THE BROWNS BOARD

Holmgren To Be Removed

D Bone

I'm not afraid to admit that I was riding first class on the Holmgren bandwagon. But over these past two years and change one thing is evident to me. It's not that Holmgren doesn't care or that he doesn't have the fire IMO. For me, I just think the game of football has completely passed him by. He's so sold on his conventional ways and it's clear he either refuses or doesn't understand how to win in today's game. I don't care what anyone says or the implications of hiring Childress, Holmgren has been in the ear of Shurmer about how to run the offense. And as we all know, the way we play offense right now Tom Brady couldn't succeed. I'm glad if this ends up being true because I have a strong gut feeling Haslam knows this and will aggressively bring in a new staff.

None of us really know if Holmgren has any influence on the offense besides him picking the guy to draft and coach.

He's said more than once in interviews that he let's Shurmur do his own thing.

Shurmur did not call a horrible game last Sunday.

If not for Weeden missing MoMass in the endzone on the first series and Little dropping the ball that got picked the Browns would of had at least 10 if not 14 more points on the board.

I just think Shurmur's game managing has been horrible and he comes off like a total dolt, not much faith in the guy.

And the fact remains the Browns are no better off since Holmgren took over, you could even argue we'd be a better team if Mangini were still here.

So to me so far Holmgren has failed.

Banner certainly looks like a bean-counter...

I wonder if this means "we'll" being going after Reid as his Eagles' contract expires at the end of the year???

If Holmgren is removed it probably won't be because JH didn't think he was qualified, but because he wants to bring in his guy.

Exactly. One also has to figure that Homie as pretty much had unbridled rein the past several years. Something tells me JH isn't going to be the type of owner who turns everything over to someone else. He will be in the locker room. He will sit in on meetings as a participant. He will have a word on draft day.

You start new, you bring in your own people. By seasons end I'd say a change at head coach and GM are also better than 50/50......way better.

None of us really know if Holmgren has any influence on the offense besides him picking the guy to draft and coach.

He's said more than once in interviews that he let's Shurmur do his own thing.

Shurmur did not call a horrible game last Sunday.

You can believe that, but I don't buy it for a second. I'm not talking about actual in game play calling, but behind the scenes. I get this strong feeling Shurmer's offensive gameplan overall is influenced highly by the big guy.

You can believe that, but I don't buy it for a second. I'm not talking about actual in game play calling, but behind the scenes. I get this strong feeling Shurmer's offensive gameplan overall is influenced highly by the big guy.

Well of course it is, that's why Holmgren picked him.

Shurmur will run the style of offense that Holmgren wanted I don't disagree.

You think Holmgren is attending coaches meetings or something?

Who really knows how much if any he has week to week, as of right now I really don't think Holmgren gives a hoot since he knows he's one foot out of the door anyhow.

Well of course it is, that's why Holmgren picked him.

Shurmur will run the style of offense that Holmgren wanted I don't disagree.

You think Holmgren is attending coaches meetings or something?

Who really knows how much if any he has week to week, as of right now I really don't think Holmgren gives a hoot since he knows he's one foot out of the door anyhow.

Probably not. He got his pay day!

PS Bad News Browns... I love your signature line! That is so true!

Archived