THE BROWNS BOARD

Much Improved

USFBrown

I'm glad to see some improvement in the offense. I thought they would still do bad this week but they've done better than I expected. We should know there will be growing pains with rookies and second year players at many key positions.

Richardson looks like a new man. He just needed some time to heal and I'd bet he's still not 100%

Weeden and momass have some good chemistry. Hopefully Gordon or Little can start contributing. They're a little more dangerous with the ball.

The o line still needs to improve but at least they've been blocking better.

Defensively we have some players out and Skrine had been getting picked on. Luckily Dalton has had either pressure in his face or just plain missed some open receivers in the end zone.

Overall I'm happy with the improvement. Now if we could just get a competent head coach.

1347821279[/url]' post='303521']

I'm glad to see some improvement in the offense. I thought they would still do bad this week but they've done better than I expected. We should know there will be growing pains with rookies and second year players at many key positions.

Richardson looks like a new man. He just needed some time to heal and I'd bet he's still not 100%

Weeden and momass have some good chemistry. Hopefully Gordon or Little can start contributing. They're a little more dangerous with the ball.

The o line still needs to improve but at least they've been blocking better.

Defensively we have some players out and Skrine had been getting picked on. Luckily Dalton has had either pressure in his face or just plain missed some open receivers in the end zone.

Overall I'm happy with the improvement. Now if we could just get a competent head coach.

Could they actually do any worst on offense then they did last week? And Philly is suppose to be a playoff team and Cincy is not even suppose to compete and is suppose to play for last place with The Browns. I suppose you are enjoying the penalties as well? 98 yards that's improvement, right!

sheeesh your standards are much too low.

They still look terrible. 10 pts going into the 4th qtr. down 24-10.

This bengals team is nothing special, and will be doing good to finish .500(they looked absolutely brutal in week 1)

Brandon weeden's performance going from an F to a D+ or a C- is hardly what I would call good. He was a completely wasted pick, and reasonable people(who know college football) laughed when his name was selected there. The smart(but unrealistic) move would be to cut him now, eat the guaranteed money, and admit it was a mistake.

1347823009[/url]' post='303529']

This bengals team is nothing special, and will be doing good to finish .500(they looked absolutely brutal in week 1)

Brandon weeden's performance going from an F to a D+ or a C- is hardly what I would call good. He was a completely wasted pick, and reasonable people(who know college football) laughed when his name was selected there. The smart(but unrealistic) move would be to cut him now, eat the guaranteed money, and admit it was a mistake.

Weeden = Tim Couch

Hell yeah my standards at low. I'm a freaking Browns and USF fan! Whatever, compared to last game when these rookies were just getting their feet wet they're much improved and the two touchdowns on offense alone says it. I can't remember the last time the offense scored two touchdowns.

You Debbie downers aren't going to rain on m parade. I'm actually enjoying watching Richardson and this offense move the ball.

1347823716[/url]' post='303535']

Hell yeah my standards at low. I'm a freaking Browns and USF fan! Whatever, compared to last game when these rookies were just getting their feet wet they're much improved and the two touchdowns on offense alone says it. I can't remember the last time the offense scored two touchdowns.

You Debbie downers aren't going to rain on m parade. I'm actually enjoying watching Richardson and this offense move the ball.

Yeah, us Debbie downers have to watch this shet every week. One week it's the offense who sucks, the next week it's the defense! I wouldn't doubt that USF couldn't beat this team, although I'm pretty sure FSU could.

The DB's out there look like a Bunch of bumbling idiots out there. The browns need to blitz on every down and just take their chances. Sorry asses!

Its been fun for me too USF. hoping we see this kind of progression every week.

Yeah, us Debbie downers have to watch this shet every week. One week it's the offense who sucks, the next week it's the defense! I wouldn't doubt that USF couldn't beat this team, although I'm pretty sure FSU could.

The DB's out there look like a Bunch of bumbling idiots out there. The browns need to blitz on every down and just take their chances. Sorry asses!

I watch this shit every week too man. I just enjoy the bright spots there are because they're hasn't been many for a long time.

1347824691[/url]' post='303544']

Its been fun for me too USF. hoping we see this kind of progression every week.

It looked like regression by the defense to me! Next week what is it going to be? Back to the shetty offense. As I said the offense couldn't have done any worst than last week and Cincy is no more than a .500 team at best. So,if you want to call it progress go ahead. I'll call it like it is another loss as usual.

Could they actually do any worst on offense then they did last week? And Philly is suppose to be a playoff team and Cincy is not even suppose to compete and is suppose to play for last place with The Browns. I suppose you are enjoying the penalties as well? 98 yards that's improvement, right!

Who the fuck are you?

Shut the fuck up, you mindless pessimistic pussnapkin.

You are why people hate Cleveland fans, you disgusting piece of gutter trash.

It looked like regression by the defense to me! Next week what is it going to be? Back to the shetty offense. As I said the offense couldn't have done any worst than last week and Cincy is no more than a .500 team at best. So,if you want to call it progress go ahead. I'll call it like it is another loss as usual.

I was talking mostly about the O, the D did take a step or 2 back but we were playing without both starting CB's

I'd hardly call 320 yards, 2 TD's, and no picks a C- performance.

1347827403[/url]' post='303561']

I'd hardly call 320 yards, 2 TD's, and no picks a C- performance.

Uh, about 150 of those yards were given up due to Cincy's prevent defense. They didn't have to play much defense once they got got up by 14. They knew our defense couldn't stop them.

Shurmur on the radio just now

"Sheldon was fine, we played Buster. Thats what we did."

What?

Whoops. I love giving youth a shot buuuut when it was obvious that buster was being targeted and beaten, then brown goes back in. wade should have never been out there if brown wasnt hurt. I dont buy that. Shurmur is either an idiot or not giving the full story

Both our starting CB's were out and the Bengals exposed it all day. Frankly, the defense wasn't awful but two bad blitz calls led to two touchdowns. For the life of me I don't understand why you would play off on the goal line when sending an all out blitz. Other than that, penalties KILLED the browns, but the refs had much to do with that. I don't get those offsides on the corner and Gresham's heel was CLEARLY out of bounds. That was a situation where there's no way in hell the way he bobbled that the real refs call that complete. Also, on two touchdown drives we had them stopped on third downs but penalties moved the sticks.

Offense wins football games in today's NFL, and Weeden and Richardson looked damn good today. If we just get some more discipline for the penalties and keep playing offense like that we can actually compete.

1347827266[/url]' post='303560']

I was talking mostly about the O, the D did take a step or 2 back but we were playing without both starting CB's

I assumed you were, but let's wait till next week. I knew the defense wouldn't play like they did last week, BUT, this bad?? No way. They couldn't stop a high school offense today and the penalties were over the top!

1347827903[/url]' post='303569']

Whoops. I love giving youth a shot buuuut when it was obvious that buster was being targeted and beaten, then brown goes back in. wade should have never been out there if brown wasnt hurt. I dont buy that. Shurmur is either an idiot or not giving the full story

I would go for the latter

Weeden = Tim Couch

So...a very good quarterback.

Couch's downfall was the complete lack of an offensive line. Now that we have a passable offensive line, you're saying that Weeden is going to have a stellar career worthy of a #1 overall pick.

I mean, I don't think he'll be that good...but way to be optimistic, dude.

Uh, about 150 of those yards were given up due to Cincy's prevent defense. They didn't have to play much defense once they got got up by 14. They knew our defense couldn't stop them.

If C- is your rating of the team as a whole, I agree, but Weeden definitely played better than that. We lost the game because of

• Penalties
  • Pacman's Return TD
  • Ogbannaya's Fumble

Our secondary played like shit, but the only person there today who'd start on another team is TJ Ward.

I don't see that. He was way better today then last week. Why do you make this comparison?

Because he's a mindless Retard and knows only three QB's in Browns history. He assumes we hate Tim Couch because to all those who know nothing, Tim Couch was a super bust based on his performance.

He knows nothing, leave the frittata to his meandering simplethoughts.

I thought Weeden looked good today. Made some nice throws and did really well standing in the pocket even when there was pressure. The defense struggled obviously but I think the team is on the right track and we actually have some playmakers for the first time. I'd say Richardson looks like the real deal.

I thought Weeden looked good today. Made some nice throws and did really well standing in the pocket even when there was pressure. The defense struggled obviously but I think the team is on the right track and we actually have some playmakers for the first time. I'd say Richardson looks like the real deal.

Agree. Give Richardson a chance to get going and he is one tough mofo. Speed, power and moves. Our Defense, especially the secondary disappointed, but with Haden out I expected it.

Archived