THE BROWNS BOARD

4Th And Inches

hish747

Hey all,

I thought the Browns should have gone for it on 4th and inches and that not doing so was another poor decision by Shurmur. Another example of not doing the thing that increases your chances of winning the game because it may be risky for the coaches job. You know, like not going for the 2 point conversion last week. I really don't think anyone would have called for Shurmur's head if they tried and failed on 4th and inches. I also think that the team was let down at not having a chance to go for the first down and it took away their momentum. The deflated defense that showed up on the ensuing Bengal's touchdown drive is a reflection of that. I think this coach's decisions do more to hurt the team's chances of winning a game more often than not. As an aside, why does this coach keep Marecic on the team when has done his best to prove that doesn't belong? Honestly, I don't think Shurmur is that smart and is way too afraid to take chances.

Hey all,

I thought the Browns should have gone for it on 4th and inches and that not doing so was another poor decision by Shurmur. Another example of not doing the thing that increases your chances of winning the game because it may be risky for the coaches job. You know, like not going for the 2 point conversion last week. I really don't think anyone would have called for Shurmur's head if they tried and failed on 4th and inches. I also think that the team was let down at not having a chance to go for the first down and it took away their momentum. The deflated defense that showed up on the ensuing Bengal's touchdown drive is a reflection of that. I think this coach's decisions do more to hurt the team's chances of winning a game more often than not. As an aside, why does this coach keep Marecic on the team when has done his best to prove that doesn't belong? Honestly, I don't think Shurmur is that smart and is way too afraid to take chances.

Hell yeah I would've went for it! What do you have to lose?

I totally agree, this is not a playoff bound team at this point, but at least instill some confidence in your team by giving them some gutsy calls to go for. If nothing else as you said it will pump up the defense that you are trying to push the envelope. Instead its just sending a bad message to everyone that they don't have the tools to win.

It would really be nice for once to have a coach that said screw convention and played with grit and determination, not rely on the kicking staff to "keep them in the game". The other team sees the lack of confidence and feeds off of it.

Can we rename this thread "Stupid people nitpicking"?

Please don't feel you have to post something just to make your voice heard. When I pose a question, I'm looking to have a meaningful discussion with those who can understand and appreciate the issues I raise. If you don't have anything useful to contribute, please just move along.

I totally agree, this is not a playoff bound team at this point, but at least instill some confidence in your team by giving them some gutsy calls to go for. If nothing else as you said it will pump up the defense that you are trying to push the envelope. Instead its just sending a bad message to everyone that they don't have the tools to win.

It would really be nice for once to have a coach that said screw convention and played with grit and determination, not rely on the kicking staff to "keep them in the game". The other team sees the lack of confidence and feeds off of it.

Right, not only that, but the coach himself says we give up a lot of yards between the 20 yard lines. What difference does it make to try a 4th and inches at midfield since you expect the opponent to wind up there anyway. I don't think this coach really thinks things through. As this team continues to improve, we can't tolerate a coach's poor planning and decision making to keep us from being competitive.

Archived