THE BROWNS BOARD

Refs

dawg08

It's not why we lost, but this game was horribly officiated. That late hit on Jackson the ref actually never blew the whistle, he simply came up and spotted the ball. Couple that with phantom holding calls and bad PI's on both sides and it had a significant impact on the game. Across the league it's just awful, but that's not me blaming the actual refs. I think they are doing an OK job for what they got forced into, but this is just another reason I hate Goddell. He lets the integrity of the game waiver like this yet has the audacity to warn the coaches about not being critical to them.

Meanwhile, the worthless, stupidass refs....

apparently...(I didn't see it), a squeeler defender nailed a wr AFTER catching a TD....

spearing the wr in the facemask with his helmet and completely knocked him out.

No call.

The fans need to the NFL know the "NFL" refs suck bilgewater and need to go.

apparently...(I didn't see it), a squeeler defender nailed a wr AFTER catching a TD....

No call.

I saw that one Cal. I thought the Squealer killed Heyard-Bey. Direct helmet to helmet shot on a defenseless WR.

It's not why we lost, but this game was horribly officiated. That late hit on Jackson the ref actually never blew the whistle, he simply came up and spotted the ball. Couple that with phantom holding calls and bad PI's on both sides and it had a significant impact on the game. Across the league it's just awful, but that's not me blaming the actual refs. I think they are doing an OK job for what they got forced into, but this is just another reason I hate Goddell. He lets the integrity of the game waiver like this yet has the audacity to warn the coaches about not being critical to them.

Well, we got away with one too- Sheldon Brown positively mugged one of the Bills WRs and there was no call.

Are you guys crazy? This is the best chance I see of some other teams having a chance to win. Did you watch the Steelers get down the stretch??? Did you notice the absence of phantom calls always going Pittsburgh's way in these types of games. Tonight, Raiders got to play the squeelers straight-up without having to combat the paid-off Good'ole boy group who's now striking. The strike is probably because the teams such as the steelers wouldn't pay them off as much anymore.

I saw probably the hardest hitting week of football I've witnessed since I was a youngster, back when a hard tackle was a thing of skill, not a penalty.

Screw player safety, let these guys take each others heads off. Let some major fights break-out. Let'em leave it on the field.

Replace the Refs every four years so the steelers can't get the Refs comfortable on their payroll.

Take the dress off the QB's and Wr's and lets get back to football ... I love these Refs!

No call.

At least you admitted you didn't see the play... :rolleyes:

Dead wrong on many counts... for starters the pass was INCOMPLETE... due to the hit...

Watch the damn play before commenting so at least you have your football facts straight...

I saw that one Cal. I thought the Squealer killed Heyard-Bey. Direct helmet to helmet shot on a defenseless WR.

I watched the NFL.com video, h... I see the Steelers' head up... the top of his helmet just caught Bey under the chin. The 2nd Steeler DB, who took a pretty good shot himself from his teammate, sandwiching Bey didn't help matters. Bey popped out from between them like a wet bar of soap from a clenched fist...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012092312/2012/REG3/steelers@raiders#menu=highlights

As for defenseless... any WR reaching for the ball is defenseless... and that's what Bey was doing. The ball was on Bey's arm when the hit occurred, not past or over him, which I believe is where the rule requires it be.

Bottom line... I see no foul here... I see a bang-bang football play...

The above said, I agree with the OP... it's time...

My favorite of the week was the Dallas game where a sidejudge threw his hat into the field of plat (why was not clear) and a Dallas WR stepped on it and went down trying to make a cut...

Would've been considerably less funny if the WR had torn up a knee. I think Roger might have seen a lawsuit coming in that case...

Did I miss something yesterday, or was I the only one who noticed?.....after the play where the Buffalo RB was injured....they got the ball, first and ten. Didn't the refs call offensive holding on that play? Shouldn't it have been first and 20? Maybe I missed something due to the distractions going on while I was trying to watch the game. This certainly wouldn't been the difference between winning and losing, but it's driving me crazy.

Archived