THE BROWNS BOARD

AFC championship

Oldcrow1945

Missing the point again.

The statement concerned Ben being great. Not the team being great. Not Ben being pretty good. Bossy said he was great as his team was in three conference championships in five years. That is personal recognition of greatness. Not team. Not less than great as in "Good". Personally great was the point made.

Not sure what you meant by "Greatness has to come form somewhere". If you mean that he's great because you think the Steeler teams he played on are great then all I can do is question how you measure greatness.

My entire point was that if quarterbacking a team that played in a conference championship three times in five years equates to that QB being great then the bar has been lowered.

Ben Roethlisberger is hardly great. His first two season's made it seem he was on his way to greatness but since then he has been good but not great. He's an above average QB that usally doesn't make mistakes.

But there is no way we can yet place him with the giants of the game. Unitas, Marino, Elway, Montana, etc. He's just a good Qb.

I am not trying to trick you so I will explain what I mean by "Greatness has to come from somewhere".

The Lions will not win the Super Bowl next year. Its impossible to make that kind of turnaround in one year. The Giants have a shot at next year's Super Bowl becuase they have a pretty good team. The lions won't go from worst to best. The Gaints have a chance at SB 44 becuase they have already started putting together a great team. You have to be good before you can be great.

He did make the probowl and broke most Steeler passing records so he has to be pretty good. I QB that doesn't make mistakes can't be just above average... . When is the last time a Browns QB made the probowl without help from Brady wimping out? If you are gauging success by SB wins then ben is already better then Marino.

Well it looks like most of you let your hatred get in the way of picking the game. It would have been nice to see Zombie make his usual hate filled prediction and be wrong again, but maybe after his last Zomboni guarantee, he finally decided he had enough.

You must have missed my pick. too bad, it was full of love, schmookems

Zombo :wub:

Browns 2 in, well HISTORY of the modern NFL! :lol:

Silvercrack, why are you so adamant about showing your ignorance?

The "modern era" of pro football started in 1945.

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/positions.jsp

The Browns have eight championships in the modern era.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/

Although they are the largest of the apes, silverback gorillas have the proportionally smallest penis of all the apes.

http://www.bodyworlds.com/Downloads/englis...4_mosi_0408.pdf

Zombo

Archived