THE BROWNS BOARD

Time To Clean House

WRREBEL

It is safe to say that Holmgren and Heckert a long with the pupper Shurmur will all be gone by the end of the year.

Frustrating to say the least but I am so glad that these fools will be removed FINALLY! We are 0-3 and still building through the draft. It does not take 55 years to do this..

UGHH...

We must be excited for the new owner i think he will have the urgency to win. We have a very young team at least.

I'm looking forward to Haslem officially taking over in Oct. Hopefully, depending on the W-L standings, he will not wait to start the cleaning. Shurmur & Little would be a good start for me. Little couldn't catch a cold & if he did, he'd be doing some hot-dog pose about it.

Shurmer should have been gone YESTERDAY! As for Little, he is Braylon Jr! Was so sick of those poses yesterday! Ooooh good you finally did your f***n' job, and caught the damn ball!

I'd be ok with Little getting less playing time but just dumping him because we've failed to develop him is stupid. He's 23 years old.

Agreed Dab. We need a bunch of old school coaches who will grab these guys by the facemask when they comes to the sideline, throw them to the bench in shot of all the cameras, & let them learn a bit of humility. I'm not a fan of any of this fooloishness, but it's part of the culture, I guess. That said, I could understand it if you were 21 points ahead in the 4th quarter & had a pro-bowl day at your position. Other than that, let your good play do the dancin!

Little's just having some fun. Winning is fun, but one WR can't control that. It's not like he's showboating after every catch. Touchdowns and first downs are the only time I ever see it. And those are the two most important parts of the game. Watch just about any WR or RB for that matter if they get a TD or a first down they do something.

You people have all gone crazy...

Where exactly where your expectations for this season? Playoffs? Super Bowl? Undefeated 19-0!!?

This team will win some games once they get their shit together. Remember, we're starting rookies at QB, RB, RT, DT, and two rotating WRs. We have 2nd year guys starting at LG, WR, FB, CB, and DE.

I agree that we all are tired of losing and want to see all the changes we made develop into improvement in the WIN column, but let's give this thing a chance to develop. These guys have fought hard and had flashes of being really good. They need to develop chemistry, consistency, and an attitude of winning. Shurmur may not be helping the most, and I did not understand his hiring to begin with, but let's not give up on these players.

Thenew23 is correct, get a new front office and a new coaching staff and let them work with the existing players, then dump the ones that can't catch a ball.

i agree. and don't clean house to the core. shurmur might suck but it's because he's a puppet of holmgren. not saying that shurmur doesn't suck BUT the coaches aren't dropping catchable balls, lining off sides and not putting licks on punt returners.

holmgren has to go. period. heckert i think should stay.

this team needs to loosen the purse strings and sign some SERIOUS offensive talent. and i'm only talking one or two players.

are you watching colt mccoy/russell wilson play right now? we don't need to sign or draft another QB. this franchise needs to decide what type of football team to field every week. is it gonna be a finesse copy of the WCO or a smash mouth run first AFCN type of team? if it's the team that predicates a QB to be able to scramble and throw out of the pocket, then we have him in mccoy. if it's the smash mouth power run first/QB stay in the pocket offense then we have that in weeden.

the fall off on our offense is in the WR corp. no one is man enough to catch the ball first w/o looking to see who is coming at them to hit them OR they are looking in advance to run ATC before catching it.

we need more integration with our TEs, which means better offensive play calling to package our threats there. if not TR will get beat down and be 3 years and done.

haslam will have a lot to decipher but we will be better in the long run if we don't just flush everything down the toilet like we've done every 2-3 years since being back in the league.

There is no guarantees that all our rookies will turn out to be fine player. Some may be sub par and need to be replaced ASAP. And while this is happening the established players like Joe Thomas will grow older and weaker and will need to be replaced. So we need to replace them too and thus we will need to draft more rookies to fill in this hole and hope they are decent. Also add into the equation the fact that player development is dependent also on the coaching and making sure we draft the right player.

That is why teams also rely on free agency to bolster their squad.

Archived