THE BROWNS BOARD

Weeden Looking Dreadful.....

browns1979

So nitpicking is stating a fact. And I'm a jackass for stating this, LOL! And you are telling me to shut up because I'm right.

you arent right. if we had receivers that could of caught the ball, at all. We win that game going away. If dimitri patterson catches that gift from flacco, we arent talking. If norwood catches that third down pass, we arent talking about this.... if greg little catches that BEAUTIFUL THROW we arent talking about this..

if shurmur uses TRICH like he should, we arent talking about this. anyone hating on weeden today, just hates weeden.

thats fine. but dont come in here delusional and expect people not to call you out on it.

We have a franchise qb....embrace it.

The final throw of the game was not a bad pass. It was the highest percentage play Weeden could have made. The only other options that were viable were Norwood short of the endzone and the block and release route by Ogbannaya. Either one of those throws would have been short of the endzone and would have relied on our four downfield receivers making blocks on their seven in coverage.

These are the favorite responses I've selected for the final play of the game. Both by a moronic doucheass who clearly knows little to nothing except how to namedrop HOF QBs that has very little to do with anything. I'll explain it to this child in a way he can understand.

And Montana wouldn't have thrown that ball out of the endzone either! That takes brains!

Negative shit?? It's fact. With time running and needing a touchdown he threw the ball out of the endzone. You can't score if you throw the ball out of the endzone. Might as well take a knee!

Well you see, my little vacantbrained knobtwiddler, there are things called "matchups" in real life NFL football. Now I know that, in Madden, height and vertical differentials mean next to nothing, but they are very real measures in the very real world. I know it's hard to grasp that real football exists outside of your pretend-time tacklefootball video playbox, so why don't you leave the analyzing and discussion of real person football to real people?

Like I said before, the pass to Greg Little wasn't necessarily a bad pass. It was intended to be high. On plays like that you are almost always looking to "throw the ball out of the endzone". This isn't a 60 yard floater that he's trying to drop into the hands of a flanker sprinting out a 9 route. If that were the case then yes, you'd want to land the ball in the endzone. But this is a 25 yard strike against 7 men in coverage.

Weeden had trips left with Gordon out wide, Norwood in tight, and Little in the middle. Gordon and Little were lined up off the line, making it easier to beat the press. I can't really tell from the angle I have but it looks like Webb is locked in on man coverage with Little, with everyone else playing prevent. It's a cover two shell, with Reed and Pollard taking the back of the endzone and Webb manned up against their primary read.

The only place for Weeden to throw it is high. Webb is listed at 5'10 with a 36 1/2 inch vertical leap and Reed at 5'11 with a 32 1/2 vertical. Little is listed at 6'3 with a 40 1/2 inch vertical leap. Little's peak is at 114 inches whereas Webbs is at 106. That's why the pass is intended to be high.

Unfortunately, Weeden's jersey gets yanked, pulling his back shoulder down and raising his front shoulder. This changes the trajectory of the pass. It's also worthy to notice that Weeden had the same thing happen on an intentional grounding earlier in the game, and he may have put some extra into his pass because of that past experience.

Either way, you're an idiot.

• 2 weeks later...

You must be one sad sad sad sad sad individual.

Seriously this thread is weeks old and you still took time out of your day to dig it up just to post that. Go get a job or a girlfriend so you can finally have something better to do with your life.

Who are you talking about?

Well you see, my little vacantbrained knobtwiddler, there are things called "matchups" in real life NFL football. Now I know that, in Madden, height and vertical differentials mean next to nothing, but they are very real measures in the very real world. I know it's hard to grasp that real football exists outside of your pretend-time tacklefootball video playbox, so why don't you leave the analyzing and discussion of real person football to real people?

Like I said before, the pass to Greg Little wasn't necessarily a bad pass. It was intended to be high. On plays like that you are almost always looking to "throw the ball out of the endzone". This isn't a 60 yard floater that he's trying to drop into the hands of a flanker sprinting out a 9 route. If that were the case then yes, you'd want to land the ball in the endzone. But this is a 25 yard strike against 7 men in coverage.

Weeden had trips left with Gordon out wide, Norwood in tight, and Little in the middle. Gordon and Little were lined up off the line, making it easier to beat the press. I can't really tell from the angle I have but it looks like Webb is locked in on man coverage with Little, with everyone else playing prevent. It's a cover two shell, with Reed and Pollard taking the back of the endzone and Webb manned up against their primary read.

The only place for Weeden to throw it is high. Webb is listed at 5'10 with a 36 1/2 inch vertical leap and Reed at 5'11 with a 32 1/2 vertical. Little is listed at 6'3 with a 40 1/2 inch vertical leap. Little's peak is at 114 inches whereas Webbs is at 106. That's why the pass is intended to be high.

Unfortunately, Weeden's jersey gets yanked, pulling his back shoulder down and raising his front shoulder. This changes the trajectory of the pass. It's also worthy to notice that Weeden had the same thing happen on an intentional grounding earlier in the game, and he may have put some extra into his pass because of that past experience.

Either way, you're an idiot.

Hahahahahahahahaha. That, people, is what you call a motherfucking headshot. It was Tim Couch Pulls Out, from the Grassy Knoll, and another trolling douche bag disappears in a pink mist. Facts and statistics trumps idiotic troll nonsense any day of the week.

Archived