THE BROWNS BOARD

Pat Shurmur Is Killing Me

Hunt Daddy

Has anyone noticed how he constantly takes out Trent Richardson? On third down, I know most teams go with a third down back that can catch screen passes, but Trent can do that. Hell he even excels at it. I understand not having him in there all the time on third down, you gotta give him a rest, but dammit. Third down and our best player is on the bench.

What killed me even more was how on the last drive, a potential game winning drive, our best player and biggest playmaker was on the damn bench. WHY? I know you gotta pass a lot, but Trent is a hell of a blocker and can catch and make plays period.

Shurmur is terrible and has to go. The only positive to 0-4 is that once Haslam takes over Shurmur is gone.

Has anyone noticed how he constantly takes out Trent Richardson? On third down, I know most teams go with a third down back that can catch screen passes, but Trent can do that. Hell he even excels at it. I understand not having him in there all the time on third down, you gotta give him a rest, but dammit. Third down and our best player is on the bench.

What killed me even more was how on the last drive, a potential game winning drive, our best player and biggest playmaker was on the damn bench. WHY? I know you gotta pass a lot, but Trent is a hell of a blocker and can catch and make plays period.

Shurmur is terrible and has to go. The only positive to 0-4 is that once Haslam takes over Shurmur is gone.

I agree. It is beyond comprehension that TR would be removed on 3rd down. Especially something like 3rd and 5 or 6.

He is an excellent receiver out of the backfield. Obviously he is a threat to break tackles that would allow that first down to be obtained. And he is an outstanding blocker from what I have seen.

If you want to give TR a blow, give him a rest on 1st and 10, not on 3rd and 5.

I doubt that he will fire Shurmer until after the season is over.

Shurmur is as useless a coach as ive ever seen anywhere. His hiring was baffling, his first season was abominable, his second season so far is sickening. His playcalling has to be the worst in the NFL, he challenges stupid shit, his timeouts are terrible, the media lambasts him constantly and his players never seem to progress. All those guys can't be busts. What's the common denominator? Shurmur has got to go as soon as possible. Let Jauron be interim and for the love of sweet Christ let childress call the damn plays.

I am impressed with Weeden and Trent Richardson, Little will be fine.

As I see it the Browns have TWO glaring problems.

The first is, we have drafted crap for so long, we just don't have enough good players yet to be consistent. I think Heckert has the talent issue headed in teh right direction. We need another draft and'or a FA or tow to become a winning team.

My second issie, IS a criticism and it is of Shurmer. I have long battled you OL pimps with the simple turth that no 5 offensive linemen can block 8 or 9 defenders who are camping out close to home, looking for the short stuff.

No excuses for miscues and dropped passes, but Shurmurs play calling and offensive philosophy is putting undue pressure on our players. It is so predictable it allows the defense the advantage even before the snap.

For the life of me, I just don't understand how an offense can sputter week after week and regardless of the players, the play calling never changes. This is beyond frustrating, it is stroke inducing. For fuck's sake, if I can see the teh defense knows where the plays are going, why can't the Browns coaching staff?

Its true 5 can't block 8. We saw last night our 5 cant block 3. Our 5 fucking 1st and 2nd o linemen can't block shit consistently. I'm about to be on the ghoolie train and say drafting o linemen in the first and second round is a waste. It hasn't done shit for our team. Better those picks be spent on stats until we fill the glaring holes.

well, pinkston and lauvao shouldnt BE playing. they should be back ups at best. they are horrid. and they are killing our two really good olinemen.

Little wont be fine. hes more worried about dancing. hes pathetic. Right after he dropped that td, hes seen on the sideline smiling all big with a coach. Fuck that, be mad, show some emotion that you want to get better.

:

As much as I hate Shurmur, taking Trich out on 3rd down is nowhere near his worst of decisions. Really, Ogby is just as good of a blocker and just as talented of a pass catcher just not as good with the football. I'd love to see 33 on the field 100% of the time but don't want him hurt either.

Heard an interview that stated they have been taking out Rich on third downs because he missed so much of training camp and pre-season. He was missing blocks when he came back from injury so they are waiting to get him more reps.

I would imagine after the first four games and this nine day layoff before the Giants game he will be ready for full time duty.

Archived