THE BROWNS BOARD

The Sky Is Not Falling On The Browns

dapz

Look. I understand this team isn't amazing. But they aren't as bad as some I you make it seem.

This team is one or two plays from being 2-2 with being competitive in the two losses. This team will learn and grow together and figure out how to make those 1-2 plays work in their favor and learn to win games together. Hopefully Haslam makes a head coaching change. I think a different attitude is needed to instill a winning mentality. But I want heckert to stay he has a great thing going with. Building through the draft.

We have so many young talented players that can win games in the future together it looks promising.

Our defense needs work in the secondary I understand that. Haden being back helps and next years draft. Our line looked great. Linebackers could use work. But we have a ton of first and second year players playing on both sides of the ball that are still learning on the fly.

This team holds a lot of promise and I'm excited for the future of the browns. There's potential.

I haven't really felt that about previous teams since we came back in 99 when I started following the browns.

Maybe ite because I don't really know what a winning browns team feels like. But this has the beginnings of something.

Some things that are fixable that will generate wins:

Weeden not throwing easy pick sixes and focusing on one route.

Little and company hanging onto the ball

Linebackers that can cover the pass

Complimentary corner to Haden that is young and won't hold every play.

New head coach that is hungry to win and will make the team hungry for it too.

I look at seattke as a good example. Hungry coach means a hungry team. They are winning games without a stellar team.

Just my opinion maybe someone else shares it. But it's not doom and gloom.

Look. I understand this team isn't amazing. But they aren't as bad as some I you make it seem.

This team is one or two plays from being 2-2 with being competitive in the two losses. This team will learn and grow together and figure out how to make those 1-2 plays work in their favor and learn to win games together. Hopefully Haslam makes a head coaching change. I think a different attitude is needed to instill a winning mentality. But I want heckert to stay he has a great thing going with. Building through the draft.

We have so many young talented players that can win games in the future together it looks promising.

Our defense needs work in the secondary I understand that. Haden being back helps and next years draft. Our line looked great. Linebackers could use work. But we have a ton of first and second year players playing on both sides of the ball that are still learning on the fly.

This team holds a lot of promise and I'm excited for the future of the browns. There's potential.

I haven't really felt that about previous teams since we came back in 99 when I started following the browns.

Maybe ite because I don't really know what a winning browns team feels like. But this has the beginnings of something.

I look at seattke as a good example. Hungry coach means a hungry team. They are winning games without a stellar team.

I share it, couldnt agree more. Im excited about the young talent on this team, hopefully these guys progress in the right way (especially the wide receivers and Oline). I wanted to hold out judgement on Shurmur due to no offseason last year, but unfortunately I now believe he needs to go. Not only does he seem to have no clue what he's doing, but he doesnt even make it fun to watch. On 2nd and 20 near the 50 yard line we run it right up the middle of the Ravens D, oh and then follow that up with a zero yard pass to Norwood on 3rd and 17... Come on, at least try to score, Im not even expecting a win with this young team away in Baltimore but give me a reason to watch.

Love Heckert, hope he is not canned. We cant completely start over again. Keep Jauron too.

We clearly need DB help, but we'll see how we look when Haden comes back. He looked great week one. We should be getting Phil Taylor back in not too long, that can only help...

Overall, despite being 0-4, I feel better about the future of this team than I do about any Browns team since the return. Keep fighting, hopefully the chemistry will come.

While I agree this team has some young talent. The old adage of we could have won this game with a few plays or calls here or there is so overplayed, we hear it every year. At some point there needs to be results and the only thing matters in the NFL is wins, nothing else.

And I agree. We are depressingly 0-4. But if you had to choose. Would you rather be 0-4 showing promise? Or 0-4 with just no hope left.

The team needs to learn to win together and get that extra edge in tight games. And that will come with a winning philosophy from owner Jim Haslam and most importantly whoever he puts on the field as the HC.

Browns fans and the team know how to lose. They don't know how to win. They've grown accustomed to losing and that has to change. And I know players and fans will appreciate every win that is earned. Not like Baltimore where fans are spoiled and assume they should win by 30 because they took the field( I live in bmore, was at the game)

Some parts of our game looked great. I liked the defensive calls of jauron, didn't blitz to much, but didn't need to as front 4 got enough pressure, stopped the run well, if we had some back end coverage without penalties those front 4 would get their coverage sacks.

Sidenote: what happened to weedens hand/arm. Right before the pick6 it looked on the replay there was blood dropping everywhere but you couldn't tell in the stands.

And I agree. We are depressingly 0-4. But if you had to choose. Would you rather be 0-4 showing promise? Or 0-4 with just no hope left.

The team needs to learn to win together and get that extra edge in tight games. And that will come with a winning philosophy from owner Jim Haslam and most importantly whoever he puts on the field as the HC.

Browns fans and the team know how to lose. They don't know how to win. They've grown accustomed to losing and that has to change. And I know players and fans will appreciate every win that is earned. Not like Baltimore where fans are spoiled and assume they should win by 30 because they took the field( I live in bmore, was at the game)

Some parts of our game looked great. I liked the defensive calls of jauron, didn't blitz to much, but didn't need to as front 4 got enough pressure, stopped the run well, if we had some back end coverage without penalties those front 4 would get their coverage sacks.

Sidenote: what happened to weedens hand/arm. Right before the pick6 it looked on the replay there was blood dropping everywhere but you couldn't tell in the stands.

To the sidenote, it looked like maybe he hit a helmet and busted his knuckle. There indeed was blood dripping off of his throwing hand around the knuckle area but he didn't show any concern with it when they showed him on the sideline, so i'm assuming it was minor.

Being the first game I was able to actually watch I have to say there are many bright spots on our team with a few coachable issues. The real question to me is...Is Shurmer the guy that can fix those issues and get it done??

I was actually very impressed with all phases of the game from Cleveland last night. I hope that they continue to build off of that. Love goes out to Cribbs and hope he is feeling better. Benjamin looks like a Mini-Me of Cribbs too. Looks like we may have some "Special" special teams again soon.

Go Browns

Archived