THE BROWNS BOARD

First Time Poster... Why So Much Pessimism?

Adoug319

I don't understand the pessimism coming from so many people on here. Frustration is obviously one thing but how can you call yourself a browns fan when you doubt them with everything they do? Defensively we are up and down, but missing joe Haden is a big factor. Our defense isn't bad at all, and u think jauron is an excellent DC. Not saying our defense is perfect, but when they play well its awesome to watch. As for the offense, are people insane? Bench Weeden? He's a rookie quarterback, he's played 4 games in the nfl. You have to give him at least a season. He's us improving tremendously each game. Maybe not statistically, as the 2nd game was his best statwise, but you have to look at the little things. He's stepping up in the pocket, making quicker decisions. No one is going to be an Aaron Rodgers in 4 games. Trent Richardson is amazing, and we are wry fortunate to have him on this team. Our receivers are our biggest problem, but c'mon guys, 2 rookies, and a 2nd year, plus a rookie TE? We are the youngest team in the NFL, and we took the Ravens down to the last play, I their house. We are in the toughest division in football, and granted we haven't one, but we are one or two penalties or dropped balls from it. You have to see the positives.

I went into this season cautiously optimistic, my main concern being unShurmer. I have become really pessimistic towards this head coach, he is a bigger problem than our 53 man roster.

The whole first quarter last night was conservative city from his game plan. I'm sick of it.He single-handily lost 3 games last year (Cincy, Arizona, & at Ratbirds on Xmas Eve).

I'm so sick & tired of changing coaches, changing regimes. But how in the hell did Holmgren settle on this guy? This is our worst HC in my lifetime (fan since 1970).

I'm encouraged by some of our roster. There may be good times ahead, like you state- but we need a new HC. Look at the 49ers, coaching turned them into a good team.

I don't understand the pessimism coming from so many people on here. Frustration is obviously one thing but how can you call yourself a browns fan when you doubt them with everything they do? Defensively we are up and down, but missing joe Haden is a big factor. Our defense isn't bad at all, and u think jauron is an excellent DC. Not saying our defense is perfect, but when they play well its awesome to watch. As for the offense, are people insane? Bench Weeden? He's a rookie quarterback, he's played 4 games in the nfl. You have to give him at least a season. He's us improving tremendously each game. Maybe not statistically, as the 2nd game was his best statwise, but you have to look at the little things. He's stepping up in the pocket, making quicker decisions. No one is going to be an Aaron Rodgers in 4 games. Trent Richardson is amazing, and we are wry fortunate to have him on this team. Our receivers are our biggest problem, but c'mon guys, 2 rookies, and a 2nd year, plus a rookie TE? We are the youngest team in the NFL, and we took the Ravens down to the last play, I their house. We are in the toughest division in football, and granted we haven't one, but we are one or two penalties or dropped balls from it. You have to see the positives.

You must be like 12-13 years old. The 'doubt', the 'negativity' is the crop that this Browns organization has sown for so many years now. (though, to be honest, it is not as bad as the Dolan regime with the Indians).

If you cultivate it, it will grow. Negativity and doubt about the Browns organization/coaches/players are the result of their seeding process.

Sorry you don't recognize that.

Sure I see positives. Unfortunately, I also see a whole lot of negatives. We're three years in a "give us time, we're rebuilding (again) mode" and we're 0-4. I'll lay serious money when the Power rankings come out on Tuesday, the Browns will be dead last in a lot of them. You call that progress?

Without Joe Haden- Patterson's middle name is "Toast". We still can't get any consistent running lanes for Richardson. Greg Little can't catch a cold, and on the rare occasions he does, he acts like he got the game winning reception in the Super Bowl. We have a clueless HC that's is on the verge of getting fired- 10 losses in a row, and counting.

Adoug316,

I'm an old guy who has followed the Browns since the mid fifties & I agree with you. I prefer to accentuate the positives & there are far more of those than negatives. WR is an issue now, but we'll wait to see what happens. In addition to the things you mentioned, we have a new, passionate, Football Fan of an Owner coming in. I'm sure changes will come from him but I have no idea what those changes will be. Time will tell, but he is as passionate about BRINGING us a winner as we are WANTING a winner.

I keep saying, and believe, that negativity just does NOT yield positive results. We are making GREAT progress with the YOUNGEST Team in the NFL & I am enjoying watching the development. I hope no one comes back with this "since 1999" crap....those years are GONE, the previous regimes who killed our talent base are GONE.

I'm on the bandwagon with you. Some need to understand that talent acquisition alone doesn't make for an instant winner. Once this young Team starts winning, it won't be a "one year & back to losing" thing like in 2007. It will be a winning CULTURE.

Mike

Archived