THE BROWNS BOARD

What If...

blitzz2

So if and I say If we happen to secure the #1 draft pick, and Gino Smith keeps tearing it up and surpasses M.Barkley. What teams do you see willing to move up to that position that are in desperate need? Might be worth a kings ransom, Kind of like what the rams received. Not that I want the #1 and the dubious distinction that goes along with it, but if it was between us and the saints as of now, I would take the haul.

Already thought about it. We are going to pick anywhere from 1-3. I would be all for trading back in the top ten and taking a pass rusher if we could get more picks. The new regime will want to remake the current roster. We will need picks. I know it sucks but it's going to happen guys. I hope Smirh has an incredible year and some sucker pays a king's ransom for him. He will probably bust but who cares. Lets load up on picks and get some pass rushers.

Already thought about it. We are going to pick anywhere from 1-3. I would be all for trading back in the top ten and taking a pass rusher if we could get more picks. The new regime will want to remake the current roster. We will need picks. I know it sucks but it's going to happen guys. I hope Smirh has an incredible year and some sucker pays a king's ransom for him. He will probably bust but who cares. Lets load up on picks and get some pass rushers.

I don't see a pass rushing end as our biggest need. We've had a good rush in most of our games this year. I think they trade down and go CB or S.

I don't see a pass rushing end as our biggest need. We've had a good rush in most of our games this year. I think they trade down and go CB or S.

Really? I thought it's been average at best. We didn't even touch Fitzpatrick and Dalton and rarely got close to Flacco. We need a DE to compliment Sheard.

Don't you think we have to see how the season pans out before decided how to draft? ALso with a new owner we probably will have a different approach to FA. Things like Little panning out or NOT panning out could impact, for instance, the urgency with which we consider a new WR.

BUt, I wouldn't mind seeing us get a QB head hunter.

Absolutely, however I don't think its a bad thing to look ahead a little. This roster doesn't have the talent to beat .500 teams consistently.

A trade down and id grab Best Corner available i think Haden and another shutdown corner would do alot of help to are Pass Rush,although i would still upgrade the DE/OLB Position...

Only way i dont go defense is if Weeden dosent look like anything special and a QB(Geno Smith) looks to good to pass on then id go BPA...Even if that means its upgraded a position you already feel good in..

Why do you think the Colts got rid of Manning?? Because he sucked?? No because a stud QB was coming out and it would upgrade there position and you still do it, if Manning isnt the exception than Weeden sure the hell isnt...

I know it premature to look ahead, but the reality is, we are competitive. But just can't get over the hump.If we keep going this way the option will be there. And as much as I want to see the Browns improve week to week and win. I can't help but think what a 1 or 2 position in the draft would mean. Sucks looking at it this way, as the mentality is to win now. But hey Rome wasn't built over night or even in 2-3 years! :rolleyes: Anyways I think after week 6-8 and no wins which is highly conceivable based on our brutal schedule. Haslam will make a change at HC, and everyone will be auditioning for the remainder of the season.Of course outside of our skill players who actually have skills. 2 wins will probably get us the number 1 position and put us in line for a cb,olb,wr,ol...list can go on.

Archived