THE BROWNS BOARD

Our Top Receiver Is Ranked Outside The Top 80?

Horn of Lake Erie

WTF? I don't care if we have injuries, this is absolutely pathetic. With Brandon Weeden in the top half of passing yards, the fact that this is the case is sickening.

Maybe it just shows that Weeden has thrown to many, many WRs. Every week a different Receivers gets yard. MoMass, then Little, then Gordon, then Norwood, the TR, then Cameron,then....on and on.

It doesn't bother me that we don't have a "Top 80" receiver in yard. The question is will these guy all start producing.

Maybe it just shows that Weeden has thrown to many, many WRs. Every week a different Receivers gets yard. MoMass, then Little, then Gordon, then Norwood, the TR, then Cameron,then....on and on.

It doesn't bother me that we don't have a "Top 80" receiver in yard. The question is will these guy all start producing.

Agreed. To me it's not about us having a top tier WR, especially if Weeden is distributing it to many different guys. What I want these guys to do is not post monster numbers but to just catch the damn ball and I want Weeden to consistently throw good smart balls like he did in the first Quarter.

Even when we distribute the ball, we in theory should have a WR that equates to better than an above average 3rd receiver (80th + essentially equals not the top receiver of each of the 32 teams, not the second receiver of each of the 32 teams, but at best the top half of the 3rd receiver). At least in this respect, our WRs are not even worth mentioning.

Archived