THE BROWNS BOARD

Starting Receivers

BROWNS-MILF

Josh Gordon is clearly our #1 receiver for the future, and I truly think he is going to be a good one.

And yes, Cooper deserves some props. He looks like a solid slot/3rd down guy. I think our future looks like #1-Gordon, #2-Little, #3-hopefully a veteran, or MoMass figures out how to stay healthy, #4-Cooper. As long as we have Weeden, we should use Cooper in 3rd down situations b/c he seems to trust him, until he proves otherwise.

With Gordon, Little, Norwood, Benjamin, Cooper, Cribbs and Momass... We're looking up at WR.

Pretty sure Little was one for one today... and as I've posted elsewhere, he does a nice job of sealing the edge on those sweeps the past couple weeks.

I like both Norwood and MoMass and think the latter is the most complete WR on the roster at this time, but...

Clearly Weeden has chemistry with Cooper... thought the "easier target than Blackmon" was a bit over the top, but I say give Wheezy his security blanket... every QB needs one...

And Gordon appears to be coming on strong... very strong...

Little would be perfect to play in the slot actually...think about it, there aren't many NFL receivers that are stronger than him and he's a run after the catch type of guy anyway. If he starts catching the ball consistently he'd be a legit weapon over the middle. He can definitely take the hits better than Mo Mass. We need another outside threat, and we're not sure Gordon is for real yet.

I am definitely excited about this group for sure.

Pretty sure Little was one for one today... and as I've posted elsewhere, he does a nice job of sealing the edge on those sweeps the past couple weeks.

I like both Norwood and MoMass and think the latter is the most complete WR on the roster at this time, but...

Clearly Weeden has chemistry with Cooper... thought the "easier target than Blackmon" was a bit over the top, but I say give Wheezy his security blanket... every QB needs one...

And Gordon appears to be coming on strong... very strong...

Cooper could be to Weeden what Brian Brennan was to Bernie Kosar. Two catches and it's too early to tell. Don't forget about Travis Benjamin either. If the guy can manage to stay healthy, he's a legitimate deep threat- has to be the fastest guy on the team.

Cooper could be to Weeden what Brian Brennan was to Bernie Kosar. Two catches and it's too early to tell. Don't forget about Travis Benjamin either. If the guy can manage to stay healthy, he's a legitimate deep threat- has to be the fastest guy on the team.

He's one of the fastest in the entire league. He ran a 4.32

Weeden is making due with what he has, still think we have one of the worst recieving groups in the league presently. The additions of Gordon and Benjamin could be huge going forward potentially though and if Gordon develops into a top 15 reciever like I think he can we'll be good there for years to come. Little could be a Boldin type reciever if he can start catching the easy balls, but thats a BIG if. The rest of this year will tell you if we pursue another reciever in the offseason but I think that all depends on how Gordon develops

Yup... and Benjamin was just beginning to show his worth as a WR in the Buffalo game.

The curl route he ran against the Bills was a thing of beauty... DB's were understandably afraid of his speed and were well off him when catch was made. It is this type of play that will set up his deep threat. In case you have noticed his fly routes had been blanketed to date, and they will be until he shows more route versatility. There's not a WR in the league that can outrun coverage if his only route is a fly pattern...

As I said in the preseason, now that we have a QB who can see teh field and throw downfield, our recievers are "magically" going to get better, and some people (idiots) will be scratching their asses and saying, WOW, these guys really improved.

BULLSHIT. They are getting their confidence back after that asshole Colt spent what will be HIS ENTIRE PLAYING CAREER, throwing dinks and short passes, causing the recievers to get clobbered.

I predicted the WR corps would be fine onces they got a little swagger. Well, now they got a bit and trust me, the Browns will continue to pass for more and more yardage and TDs.

Its teh QB baby, and the Brows drafted a solid one.

Luck will be long gone and Weeden will still be winning ball games.

Go Browns.

AS usual you are blinded by your misplaced belief in the infallibility of your own views...

Discussion here was as much around rookie WR's as vets. Just how could rookies have had their confidence hurt by Colt is beyond me...

Good chance we get Benjamin and Massaquoi back this week, it'll be nice to see Weeds with a full arsenal.

I have a feeling Little is going to have a huge game this week, the guy may have the most raw abilty of all of them outside of Gordon, and i think he is going to put it together.

I think MoMass may be a reliable route runner that will thrive with a QB like Weeds that can put the ball at a destination instead of behind a guy like MoMass was getting used to with other QBs.

MoMass, Little and Gordon getting the majority of snaps, and then you bring in Benjamin's raw speed for a few plays a game and Coop takes over the Norwood role of reliable down and distance guy.

That's not a bad stable of talent, and if Gordon and Little reach their potential then it's a damn good stable going forward.

Probably the fastest and most talented corps we have had the position in quite some time ... if the cathing of the football becomes more reliable ... watchout.

I like Cameron at TE lately too. Another good athlete. Watson is slowing down but is a reliable guy to have in there for blocking and sure-handed grabs.

I'm legitimately excited about this football game this week, can't wait.

Zombo

AS usual you are blinded by your misplaced belief in the infallibility of your own views...

Discussion here was as much around rookie WR's as vets. Just how could rookies have had their confidence hurt by Colt is beyond me...

I've never seen someone toot their own horn/accordian so much...

Gordons only got 12 catches, granted 3 are tds. I hope he can consistently catch 5-6 balls a game. Momass hopefully can also be a consistent go to guy for Weeden. The browns havent had a go to reciever in quite some time, without mentioning early Braylon and early K2

It's weird that this guy thinks that two 5'10" WR's are gonna take this team anywhere.

Its weird that you think a 5'10" wide receiver cant be the best receiver on a team, Wes Welker best go and hang up his helemt and go get another job since he is obviously far too small for the NFL in your book.

Jordan Norwood has been the best hands on this team the last two years, and if he was used properly and more often could easily have a 1000yd season, just injuries and Shurmur somehow not seeing his talent and that #1 WR priority of actually catching the ball.

ClevelandWr.jpg

I've never seen someone toot their own horn/accordian so much...

Thank you??? :blink:

Thought I was a rank amateur compared to Ghoulie, Z and a few others, but I guess I was wrong. :D

Your comment does, however, beg the question, "How do you toot an accordion?"

gordon and little are our future as every down receivers. little just needs to start catching the ball consistently. i love momass and loved the pick but i'm afraid he might be shell-shocked at this point whereas he puts his head down after catching the ball almost expecting to get blasted.

Thank you??? :blink:

Thought I was a rank amateur compared to Ghoulie, Z and a few others, but I guess I was wrong. :D

Your comment does, however, beg the question, "How do you toot an accordion?"

Not you. The comment was about our resident troll, lol. I was agreeing with you.

Archived