THE BROWNS BOARD

Been Doing It For Fifty Plus Years

rich4eagle

The Browns just did the two best moves possilble, haviing Haslem as an owner and hope, and having LOSER Randy gone, better yet retired on the job VP mike shithead will be gone

Thus after been feeding feces for 17 years

yea, we can be what we once were

"The Greatest Show in Football"

The Browns just did the two best moves possilble, haviing Haslem as an owner and hope, and having LOSER Randy gone, better yet retired on the job VP mike shithead will be gone

Thus after been ffeeding feces for 17 years

I just hope thats the way its gonna go down! Been a sad sad fan for way too long.

We gotta get back to being a winner sooner or later, i fucking hope that time has arrived!!

GO BROWNS!!!

Greatness won't happen for a long time even in the best possible circumstances. Let's say for example that Haslem does it all properly, it will be 15 years before the Browns could be considered great. It will take 5-7 years to take the Browns from the most dysfunctional organization to a true competitor. Then, in order to be considered great, they will have to maintain that competitiveness for a substantial time.

A flash in the pan, like the 80's Browns, will not count as greatness.

If Haslem comes out and tells the Browns fans and media to STFU and realize that it's going to take a long time to fix this mess,and get a solid, competitive, system in place: he will show me that he has the right stuff, otherwise I don't think he knows what he got him self in to.

In one way I would like to see the Browns return to greatness for the sake of the old Browns fans who remember it well but there simply isn't time for that since those guys are all too old to last that long.

This is all just wishful thinking on your part. The history of your own Steelers shows you to be somewhere lost in space on this matter. They were the shittiest team in the history of the NFL for 40 years, then they brought in Chuck Noll an in the course of about 2-3 years they became the best team in the league...and have maintained a fairly high standard ever since.

The 49ers the same. Eddie Money buys that team, then hires Bill Walsh and they get Joe Montana and in two years they go from crap to the best team in football.

The Patriots basically the same. They go from losers to pereniall winners in the course of a single year.

The Packers were the stinkiest/shittiest team in the league in the 50s (worse even than the Steelers). In the course of a couple of years they became perennial champions of the NFL.

In some cases, yes, it can take 5-7 years. The Cowboys went from a crap expansion team in 1960...and by 1967 they became the team that challenged for the title for the next two decades.

Sorry, it CAN be done in a short time. If the first and second year talent on this team is what we think/hope it is...from this point right here today I believe it could be as short as one year before the Browns are considered serious contenders.

As for the Browns in the 80s being a "flash in the pan". I don't think so. They went to 3 AFC title games and had about a 6 year run of quality play. A flash in the pan would be a team that seems to excel for only 1 or 2 years then fizzles. A better example would be perhaps the Falcons of the late 90s...or the Seahawks with Holmgren as coach there.

There is one major flaw in your logic (that's an oxymoron in reference to you) none of those cities are Cleveland.

That statement obviously shows your ignorance, stupidity and prejudice. The city is irrelevent. Pittsburgh had the team with the longest consecutive string of losing seasons in the history of American sports.

Actually, there is another flaw, all of the examples you gave did what they did in a completely different era of football. Not to mention that those few examples are the exception, there are many, many, more examples of it not working.

Also, if you knew your Browns history instead of your imagination, you would know that they did not have a six year run, they had a 5 year run prior to which, and following which, they were in the bottom of the league 1984 = 5-11 1990 = 3-13. That my delirious foe is a flash in the pan albeit a lengthy flash :lol:

And since I know you hate fact as opposed to imagination, here is my source.

Browns web site

OK, 5 years maybe instead of 6....though if you say that a losing season "breaks" a string of success, then we could say the Steelers of the 2000s were nothing more than a flash in the pan.

After all, they threw in a couple of 6-10 seasons in there. By your standards that would make them a flash in the pan.

There is one major flaw in your logic (that's an oxymoron in reference to you) none of those cities are Cleveland.

Actually, there is another flaw, all of the examples you gave did what they did in a completely different era of football. Not to mention that those few examples are the exception, there are many, many, more examples of it not working.

Also, if you knew your Browns history instead of your imagination, you would know that they did not have a six year run, they had a 5 year run prior to which, and following which, they were in the bottom of the league 1984 = 5-11 1990 = 3-13. That my delirious foe is a flash in the pan albeit a lengthy flash :lol:

And since I know you hate fact as opposed to imagination, here is my source.

Browns web site

Just so you know you are an abominable piece of shit and troll. Why gipper wastes his time with you is beyond me, sir. A knowledgeable guy like that ought to know when he's arguing with a troll. There's no use talking to this guy, gip, he's trolling you.

STOP IT.....JUST STOP BEING A DIPSHIT!

A losing season is far different than being in the bottom five teams of the entire NFL. A great team does not go from garbage to greatness and back to garbage in a short span of time.

What's wrong? Can't take it when someone uses your own argument against you? In the 80s the Browns went to the playoffs 7 times. Yet they had a couple of losing seasons in the interim and they become a "flash in the pan" to you. The Steelers of the 2000s also made the playoffs only 7 times in the 2000s.

Maybe they weren't in the bottom 5 all those years. But, 6-10 is 6-10.

You are right. A great team does not go from garbage to great then back to garbage in a short span of time. But a great team CAN go from garbage to great in a short span of time.

In fact, nearly every great team has done EXACTLY that. (its just that they maintain "greatness")

1950s Lions...went from years of 2-10 and 1-10-1 and in two years played in 4 NFL title games.

1960s Packers: 1958 were 1-10-1, 1959 were 7-5, 1960 won first of 5 NFL titles in the 60s

1970s Dolphins: 1968 were 5-8, 1969 were 3-10-1, then in 1970 began a string of 9 double digit win years in the next 10 including 3 SB appearances and 2 SB wins.

1970s Steelers: 1968 were 2-11, 1969 were 1-13, 1970 were 5-9, 1971 were 6-8, then in 1972 bagan a string of championship quality play that last for the next 8 years.

1980s 49ers: 1978 were 2-14, 1979 were 2-14, 1980 were 6-10, then beginning in 1981 began to dominate for the next decade including 4 SB wins.

1990s Cowboys: 1988 were 3-13, 1989 were 1-15, 1990 were 7-9, then beginning in 1991 won the SB 3 of the next 4 years.

2000s Patriots; 1999 were 8-8, 2000 were 5-11. Then won the SB the next year and the rest you know.

So, the answer is EVERY great team for the last half century or more went from bad to great in essentially the course of a couple of years.

Just so you know you are an abominable piece of shit and troll. Why gipper wastes his time with you is beyond me, sir. A knowledgeable guy like that ought to know when he's arguing with a troll. There's no use talking to this guy, gip, he's trolling you.

Ah, well. It just gives me an opportunity to divulge some insightful data, like in the prior post. If he becomes smegma that gets washed up on the shore in the wake...well c'est la vie.

Bottom line, no response addressed the Browns being management pathetic since 1999 and yes Mike Holmgren was retired on the job as I stated more than a year ago, and I and Ghoolie have stated over and over that Randy Lerner was clueless.......................Now we have hope that brains will take over from complete stupidtity of the last 13 years

I just hope thats the way its gonna go down! Been a sad sad fan for way too long.

We gotta get back to being a winner sooner or later, i fucking hope that time has arrived!!

GO BROWNS!!!

Slimdawg, the wheels are in motion. We did the right things in the last draft getting Richardson and Weeden. Haslam, first told Holmgren to mend fences with Jim Brown, and now that he is confirmed owner has told Holmgren he is no longer needed

As far as the disgressing discussion that followed and Zombo's normal useless post, today with FA teams can indeed become competitive within a year or two

Of course the best of teams like the Steelers have a keen eye for talent and players who fit a system like Kevin Colbert running the draft as well as the Giants and build through the draft

Haslam hopefully will get that message, if he does not already get it and two more messages

The QB is the key a franchise top notch QB and Offense does indeed win Championships and that is proven over and over

Not a single person can name a dominating team for a long run that did it without a FRANCHISE QB

Dallas, SF, The Browns (Otto Graham seven Championships in 11 seasons), Bradshaw, Brady, Johnny U, Kelly, Starr, Manning, Montana, Roethlisberger, Staubach, Dawson, Tarkenton, Elway, Marino, Aikman, Favre, Warner, Brees

It is what it is and hopefully Haslam will understand the Brownie is charmed and the DAWGS of defense is stupid

GO BROWNS!!!

Slimdawg, the wheels are in motion. We did the right things in the last draft getting Richardson and Weeden. Haslam, first told Holmgren to mend fences with Jim Brown, and now that he is confirmed owner has told Holmgren he is no longer needed

As far as the disgressing discussion that followed and Zombo's normal useless post, today with FA teams can indeed become competitive within a year or two

Of course the best of teams like the Steelers have a keen eye for talent and players who fit a system like Kevin Colbert running the draft as well as the Giants and build through the draft

Haslam hopefully will get that message, if he does not already get it and two more messages

The QB is the key to a wining franchise a top notch franchise QB, further Offense does indeed win Championships and that is proven over and over

Not a single person can name a dominating team for a long run that did it without a FRANCHISE QB

Dallas, SF, The Browns (Otto Graham seven Championships in 11 seasons), Bradshaw, Brady, Johnny U, Kelly, Starr, Manning, Montana, Roethlisberger, Staubach, Dawson, Tarkenton, Elway, Marino, Aikman, Favre, Warner, Brees

It is what it is and hopefully Haslam will understand the Brownie is charmed and the DAWGS of defense is stupid

due, why do you care? YOU'RE A FUCKING STEELER'S FAN!!!

but there simply isn't time for that since those guys are all too old to last that long.

ouch, now that hurts. guess i better slow down a bit..........not.

Slimdawg, the wheels are in motion. We did the right things in the last draft getting Richardson and Weeden. Richie

and.....

come on, say it....

SWARTZ at RIGHT TACKLE...... which

you never cared about the oline....but look at the results of the RT being

a legit addition .... Weeden has eh...often great pass protection....

Swartz was the missing part....

Swartz. Say it, Rich !

Archived