THE BROWNS BOARD

Shurmer

dawg08

The one mistake I think Holmgren made was the hire of his friends kid, but it was a big mistake because he fucking sucks as a head coach.

The one mistake??? Holmgren didn't do jack shit! He gave inspirational speaches after each season.

The fatass is looking to get back into coaching again now that he has had the last 3 years off.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

man, i love the browns to death but if they decided to put holmgren on the sidelines i just might give up the 30+ years of rooting for and defending the name of this team.

why don't we just hire al grohl and be done with it. we can pick #'s to see who jumps off the suicide bridge first.

The one mistake??? Holmgren didn't do jack shit! He gave inspirational speaches after each season.

The fatass is looking to get back into coaching again now that he has had the last 3 years off.

This team is definitely more talented than before. You can't deny that.

I just wish shurmur hadn't abandoned the run. The 4th down punt didn't bother me too much as the Colts went 3 and out...I can't really blame a guy for trusting his defense over his offense. If the offense develops some kind of consistency and stops losing games with dropped passes/transparent play-calling they will become trustworthy. I'm not defending Shurmur and will be very surprised if he isn't fired soon but my main beef is dropped passes(especially when the game is on the line). Overall, however, I'm certainly not as upset as most Brown's fans appear to be. How many people honestly saw this as a playoff contending team? This team is too young to play a full game, but I am interested to see how the chemistry of the team grows as the new owner gets a new HC and probably a pretty valuable draft pick.

The year before he took over.

Actually we are younger than before and have higher upside. But honestly 3 years and we aren't winning. look at our drafts, by no means have we hit homeruns with our picks.

Please don't tell me because a guy starts for us he is a good draft pick.

man, i love the browns to death but if they decided to put holmgren on the sidelines i just might give up the 30+ years of rooting for and defending the name of this team.

why don't we just hire al grohl and be done with it. we can pick #'s to see who jumps off the suicide bridge first.

Is Bruce Coslett available? B)

Actually we are younger than before and have higher upside. But honestly 3 years and we aren't winning. look at our drafts, by no means have we hit homeruns with our picks.

Please don't tell me because a guy starts for us he is a good draft pick.

How many homerun picks can you name from the last 3 drafts?

How many homerun picks can you name from the last 3 drafts?

Not as much homeruns but teams who were just as crappy and able to turn it around. Look at Seattle, Arizona even the Rams. The Vikings

My point is Holmgren has had his time and hasn't turned to corner. We are again at the cross roads. We are a very young team and have some talent. When i look at our defense besides Haden no one really stands out. Now you don't always need players to stand out if you are playing well as a unit but we aren't doing that either..

Holmgren, Heckert and shurmur should all be shown the door. Lets get the right guys in here who wont make this a 10 year plan to have a 500 record.

We are so desperate for any signs we are grasping a positives. We are young.. big Fing dealing

Not as much homeruns but teams who were just as crappy and able to turn it around. Look at Seattle, Arizona even the Rams. The Vikings

My point is Holmgren has had his time and hasn't turned to corner. We are again at the cross roads. We are a very young team and have some talent. When i look at our defense besides Haden no one really stands out. Now you don't always need players to stand out if you are playing well as a unit but we aren't doing that either..

Holmgren, Heckert and shurmur should all be shown the door. Lets get the right guys in here who wont make this a 10 year plan to have a 500 record.

We are so desperate for any signs we are grasping a positives. We are young.. big Fing dealing

seriously i don't think we are that bad. when healthy we have 2 dominant DLinemen, a very good and a decent DE, a shut-down corner and a good run stoppin safety. we are missing a couple of dominant LBs (we have a couple of young guys that are good and DQ if he can stay healthy) but i'd go defense with our first 3 picks next year unless there is a game changing WR staring us in the face.

on offense i think all we really need is depth on the line and a fucking monster fullback.

seriously i don't think we are that bad. when healthy we have 2 dominant DLinemen, a very good and a decent DE, a shut-down corner and a good run stoppin safety. we are missing a couple of dominant LBs (we have a couple of young guys that are good and DQ if he can stay healthy) but i'd go defense with our first 3 picks next year unless there is a game changing WR staring us in the face.

on offense i think all we really need is depth on the line and a fucking monster fullback.

No we arent that bad but we arent good either. We have potenial with right coach and GM. I agree we need to draft defense and depth. We also need to sign a few free agents to challenge for starting spots.

I will just be happy when Haslam gives these guys the boot

I will just be happy when Haslam gives these guys the boot

let's just hope he doesn't break his leg when trying to kick that fat assed holmgren out the door. maybe he'll do us all a favor and wear some steel pointed cowboy boots and give the walrus an anal ejection.

Dude the entire game we all felt like we were gonna blow it somehow.

The offense scored on it's first possession and didn't do shit the rest of the game. Holy crap it's crazy how one win will cloud everyone's vision.

It sucks that most of our fans don't expect better. We get a win and it's a party and everyone refuses to critique anything.

I am a diehard Browns fan.

But also, I know about football that's what separates me from you. Sure, "a win is a win" but does this type of play translate to more wins? Not at all. We played a terrible game and came out with a win, for that I am happy, but it is unsettling how we were unable to even get into field goal range after that first drive.

You can't give Shurmur credit for this game when we only put together one scoring drive. He called a timeout on a 3rd down to get things figured out, then Weeden got sacked in less than a second.

All I'm saying is that our team can't be satisfied today, they have to want to get better. I want us to win a superbowl one day, and that won't happen if we let mediocrity and inconsistency continue to be here. We need to expect better, and I'm very sorry if you don't feel the same.

Before you swear at me, or call me an idiot, can you please try your best to actually articulate a real response to my post? Thank you.

I mean, apparently I should be some hotheaded asshole who calls anyone who disagrees with me a troll or an idiot. Then I'll fit in just fine.

I have my argument in this thread, argue against me if you truly oppose my sentiments. If not, then I guess you can have fun calling me stupid or ignorant.

In my time on this board it seems you disagree with everything I say no matter the subject, I feel like you do it for the sport of arguing. Like in the Martin v Richardson thread, your 'argument' was pointless. I was just saying that even if one RB has a few more TD's than the other doesn't mean he is more effective than the RB with less TD's.

I guess if it makes you feel good to only be a dickhead, go for it, but you haven't trumped me in any debate we've had. You just post in this condescending manner and act like you're better than me. I played football as a kid and all the way through high-school, and I watch football at every level to this day. I am confident in my knowledge of this game.

I would like to know what your future in this game is, as it is concrete in your head you will have a job in this field.

I mean, apparently I should be some hotheaded asshole who calls anyone who disagrees with me a troll or an idiot. Then I'll fit in just fine.

I have my argument in this thread, argue against me if you truly oppose my sentiments. If not, then I guess you can have fun calling me stupid or ignorant.

In my time on this board it seems you disagree with everything I say no matter the subject, I feel like you do it for the sport of arguing. Like in the Martin v Richardson thread, your 'argument' was pointless. I was just saying that even if one RB has a few more TD's than the other doesn't mean he is more effective than the RB with less TD's.

I guess if it makes you feel good to only be a dickhead, go for it, but you haven't trumped me in any debate we've had. You just post in this condescending manner and act like you're better than me. I played football as a kid and all the way through high-school, and I watch football at every level to this day. I am confident in my knowledge of this game.

I would like to know what your future in this game is, as it is concrete in your head you will have a job in this field.

Blah blah blah blah blah....... The defense was acceptable today.

The offense scored a TD. That should be all that is needed to win a real football game. Today it was.

We scored a TD and the defense played well. Those weeks are so rare. I'm going to enjoy it.

Congratulations. I didn't realize that playing pee-wee football gives you carte blanche to post stupid shit.

For the record, I don't agree with Shurmur's playcalling. I don't agree with most of his decisions. For that, we agree.

Where we disagree is on today's game. Wins like this do lead to more wins. You have to learn how to win the close games before you can win the blowouts. A win like this means a hell of a lot more than a 35-0 blowout, because it was a one-possession game the entire time. That means the team has to play until the final whistle, unlike in a blowout where you can pack it in and play safe.

There's a difference between not being happy with a performance, and being upset with it. The greats are never happy, because happiness leads to complacency and complacency leads to losses.

But, for the team we currently have, this win means a lot. You can bet there is nobody in the front office or on the field that is upset with today.

There was no argument in the Martin v. Richardson thread. It was a statement of fact. RB's who score contribute more directly to offensive production than those that don't. You can't quantify the effect of a play-fake as you can a TD. So, statistically, a RB who does score more TD's is more effective than one who doesn't. If you want to get into a discussion of the intangible effects of playcalling, I'm all for it. But don't try to weasel that discussion into one of the statistical production of two first round rookie runningbacks.

And for the record, many of the people here played football through high school. And many of us played through college. And some of us still DO play college ball, at a Division 1 school, as well as coach. And at least one of us have an internship with the Atlanta Falcons starting on May 8, 2013. But I don't know who that person is...

I'm sure a lot of these guys did/do play football. But I read what they post and nearly all of them in this thread refuse to respond to stats/facts or even post them themselves.

And any win is a meaningful win, and you can always build off of wins. My argument is simply that this team can't be satisfied with their performance, and this isn't the type of game where we grinded it out and held our ground. We were bent to the point of breaking and San Diego simply refused to break us. That is not something to be proud of.

That's cool, seriously, it's awesome you earned that opportunity. But a word of advice you probably won't take, you should probably avoid being a snide, cocky bastard.

And for the record, many of the people here played football through high school. And many of us played through college. And some of us still DO play college ball, at a Division 1 school, as well as coach. And at least one of us have an internship with the Atlanta Falcons starting on May 8, 2013. But I don't know who that person is...

yeah but you also don't have to be a jock (the biggest assholes in school, and basically in life) to be a fan of a game. and one does not make another's opinion lesser in value, because of course they are just opinions. yes it might make you think because you played the game that someone who did not follow the same path as a jock did couldn't possibly know as much as them, in which case you're probably correct.

but who really gives a fuck if it's an opinion. i might think we should have drafted d. martin instead of TR. does that make me right in some way? i guess it would if TR flopped but there's no signs of that. we wouldn't have had to give up picks could have got a CB to tandem with haden, grabbed marting and packaged a deal to get one of those LBs.

just my opinion.

i didn't see any of the game today but it must of been some defensive battle with all of the super power offensive weapons on both teams.

i'll have to check the stats to see who threw more ints, rivers or weeds.

i didn't see any of the game today but it must of been some defensive battle with all of the super power offensive weapons on both teams.

The stats will be ugly...Richardson had 122yds...Weeden not many more than that...30+mph winds, neither QB was great, lots of dropped passes on both sides. Neither QB threw an INT. Only turnover was Matthews from SD fumbled.

I'm sure a lot of these guys did/do play football. But I read what they post and nearly all of them in this thread refuse to respond to stats/facts or even post them themselves.

And any win is a meaningful win, and you can always build off of wins. My argument is simply that this team can't be satisfied with their performance, and this isn't the type of game where we grinded it out and held our ground. We were bent to the point of breaking and San Diego simply refused to break us. That is not something to be proud of.

That's cool, seriously, it's awesome you earned that opportunity. But a word of advice you probably won't take, you should probably avoid being a snide, cocky bastard.

If I come across as an asshole on here, it's because I've grown tired of wading through the people who spew shit from their faces and call it fact who, in fact, know nothing about what they are talking about. So I have just lumped most people together in that category. I have respect for those who also are students of the game, and can back up what they say, as you have now shown.

You'll see that there are multitudes of water trash that come blowing through here claiming to be football geniuses and say nothing other than what they heard Mel Kiper or John Clayton fart out on a random Tuesday morning Sportscenter.

Partner that short fuse with my passion for the team, and it leads to an overly aggressive, cocky douchebag at (most) times.

I have respect for many on here, it just takes verbal fisticuffs for me to realize other people know shit too. Mik and I have had some epic back-and-forth's but I generally respect what he has to say because he's proven he's just as passionate as anyone else. Same goes for Tour, Ghoolie, and others.

Although I will admit Ghoolie is of a completely different breed.

yeah but you also don't have to be a jock (the biggest assholes in school, and basically in life) to be a fan of a game. and one does not make another's opinion lesser in value, because of course they are just opinions. yes it might make you think because you played the game that someone who did not follow the same path as a jock did couldn't possibly know as much as them, in which case you're probably correct.

but who really gives a fuck if it's an opinion. i might think we should have drafted d. martin instead of TR. does that make me right in some way? i guess it would if TR flopped but there's no signs of that. we wouldn't have had to give up picks could have got a CB to tandem with haden, grabbed marting and packaged a deal to get one of those LBs.

just my opinion.

No INT's on either side. It was a true AFCN game today.

For the record, I was quite against us getting Richardson up until a month or so after we drafted him. I just didn't see the value in moving up.

Archived