THE BROWNS BOARD

Excited For Next Year

WRREBEL

For the first time in I don't know how many years I see play makers on Offense. Sure Gordon dropped that TD but he was out of football last year. When was the last time you saw our receivers getting behind the defense? Or windows of them being open?

I am not saying we still shouldn't add another WR, but Little, Cooper, benjamen and Gordon have the potential and with a year under their belt should grow. Sure beats the hell out of when we had Momass, robiske starting huh? We have speed and talent finally. If these guys have good work ethics they can be a scary group. Too bad we couldn't trade Momass for a 6th rd pick before the deadline. He won't be in our plans moving forward.

Weeden.. The guys has a arm. He has played much better and is improving. Does he make bonehead mistakes? Sure but he is a rookie and so does the rest of the rookies playing right now. My hope is he finishes strong and shows he is the guy leaving little doubt when draft rolls around. I wish he could be hot but i will settle for a ugly franchise qb at this point.

Running back- just no serious injuries and we look good here. Trent needs to hit the hole a little quicker but sure the hell has talent. Hardesty looks awefully good also and Chris O has been a great 3rd down back.

Tight ends. Watson is old and looks like the new chancy stuckey getting tackled short of the first all the time. Jordon Cameron looks inconsistant and still hasn't shown he can be a play maker. Maybe bring in some one or draft. Can't have too many tight ends Or maybe Cameron comes into his own next year.

Fullback- Shocked Owen Marecic is even on our roster. Doesn't look physical enough to be a fullback and has stone hands. Short yardage has been terrible, cant all be blamed on him but what has he done?

Oline- We have spent many picks on oline. It is good at times and terrible at times. let the guys jell and in the off season bring in a starting caliber player to compete. Having to play Joey Grecco from cheaters is embarassing..

D- I wont go into position by position. The good thing is we are young, The bad thing is our D line gets dominated and besides Haden our secondary looks bad. I like Skrine and maybe he gets better by playing. Could it be because lack of pass rushers they look bad? Also linebackers would probably look better with a good dline. BUT BUT we need to draft a stud linebacker a play maker. All dominant D have one of those and Dqell jackson isnt it, he is solid at times.

===============================

Pat Shurmur is poop- I have never seen a team fall for that 4 and 1 at the 20. jump off sides, you really think they were going to snap it? There are many bonehead penalties. Yes we are young but they have to know situation football and that is taught by the coaches.

We should be very excited. With the RIGHT coach and RIGHT GM we are in prime position to make a drastic jump in wins next year. We need a great draft and sign some free agents. I am not talking about breaking the bank on free agents but guys who can come in a play. Guys who will compete for starting jobs and add depth if they don't start. We don't need to sign any guys on the back end of their careers that's for sure.

if you look at our pending free agents and grant it some of these guys are already gone. I can't see us bringing any of these guys back, except for AWESOME DAWSON!

Pos Player FA Status Previous Team Current Team RB Brandon Jackson

UFA Cleveland Browns Free Agent WR Joshua Cribbs

UFA Cleveland Browns Free Agent WR Jordan Norwood

UFA Cleveland Browns Free Agent TE Robert Royal

UFA Cleveland Browns Free Agent TE E. Alex Smith

UFA Cleveland Browns Free Agent TE Benjamin Watson

UFA Cleveland Browns Free Agent PK Phil Dawson UFA

Cleveland Browns Free Agent DL David Bowens UFA

Cleveland Browns Free Agent DL Juqua Parker UFA

Cleveland Browns Free Agent LB Scott Fujita UFA

Cleveland Browns Free Agent CB Sheldon Brown UFA

Cleveland Browns Free Agent SS Ray Ventrone UFA Cleveland Browns Free Agent

Fullback- Shocked Owen Marecic is even on our roster. Doesn't look physical enough to be a fullback and has stone hands. Short yardage has been terrible, cant all be blamed on him but what has he done?

He is a terrible football player. The drops we all know about, but Shurmur was quoted last week as saying he was a good blocker, so I keyed on his blocking yesterday and was getting blown up all the time.

I'm trying to think of a worse everyday Browns position player throughout history. Scott Rehberg? Percy Ellsworth? Brady Quinn?

No ... I think Marecic is worse at his job then any of them. He turns first downs into punts and touchdown drives into field goals. He's just horrible.

Zombo

--I was hoping the special team penalties were on him and not Ventrone so they would cut him during the course of the game. Activate Smelly, get rid of Stinko.

I would love to see us bring back Norwood, Cribbs (as long as the contract is not large), and Dawson.

I don't know about either of those two. I like Cribbs but why keep him or Norwood? I guess i am hoping even though we have some talent on wr and special teams we will improve it even more. We know what we have in Cribbs and Norwood and neither are game changers.

He is a terrible football player. The drops we all know about, but Shurmur was quoted last week as saying he was a good blocker, so I keyed on his blocking yesterday and was getting blown up all the time.

I'm trying to think of a worse everyday Browns position player throughout history. Scott Rehberg? Percy Ellsworth? Brady Quinn?

No ... I think Marecic is worse at his job then any of them. He turns first downs into punts and touchdown drives into field goals. He's just horrible.

Zombo

--I was hoping the special team penalties were on him and not Ventrone so they would cut him during the course of the game. Activate Smelly, get rid of Stinko.

Yeah i watch him all the time.. I am shocked how horrible he is. The crazy thing is, it's not like he has any upside either. He is one of those guys who will get cut and not make another NFL teams roster.

We should trade for Tebow and make him our starting FB

Marecic is flat out horrible. There has been at least one-to-two times a game where I notice him doing something terrible (awful blocking, worse catching, etc.) and I don't focus in on him. I am watching for entertainment and hopes of winning, not trying to scout the team necessarily. So when you notice that much about a Fullback, I think that it is a testament to just how truly awful he is.

I still would like a G in the draft, especially with Pinkstons current health issues. We could use a stud LG or RG for that matter. I want a mauler that is nasty in the run game, and solid in pass protection, anything on top of that is just gravy.

With Trent Richardson, I feel we are supposed to be built to run first team. We need to get some run blockers with a mean streak to do this and then I think our OL is set. So like 1 maybe 2 guards.

I think that Cribbs and Norwood will both be back, but not as a guaranteed contract type of deal. I could see either or both getting cut before the season if they don't show enough. Re-signing them will be for depth issues mostly, and if they break out, great.

I think tops on our list right now should be: CB, S, LB, DE, G. - Not sure of the order, but I can't see us not going with one of these positions with our top pick next year, unless we go with a QB (I am a Weeden supporter, just don't know if Haslem and Co. will be)

Craig Powell?

Craig Powell?

I think he was so bad he never started. I was thinking of guys that started for a while. Marecic has started for a year and a half and he's useless as a tit on a bull.

Zombo

Jarvis Jones is my early pick. Guy has all the tools to be the next Mario Williams/Von Miller and is coming out of the SEC powerhouse. After that I hope that they trade up into the early second round and take a CB to start opposite Joe Haden. I can't really speak as to who but those are the two glaring needs IMO.

Jarvis Jones is my early pick. Guy has all the tools to be the next Mario Williams/Von Miller and is coming out of the SEC powerhouse. After that I hope that they trade up into the early second round and take a CB to start opposite Joe Haden. I can't really speak as to who but those are the two glaring needs IMO.

well the thing is.. We could be sitting on a gold mine. I doubt it will happen but imagine if we end up having the number 1 pick. You don't think the Cheifs would go Bazerk to try to trade up and get one of the tops qbs in the draft.

Teams that desperately needs qbs. Cheifs, Arizona,Jags, Buffalo, Raiders. Arizona will probably finish with a good enough record and not be able to trade up and Raiders have no draft picks left to trade.

If Weeden shows no doubt he is the guy. We could hold kings ransom for a bunch of picks.

Mario Williams and Von Miller are very different players lol

Mario William was a highly drafted defensive end who also is sought after for playing linebacker in a 3-4 (yes the bills run a 4-3). Von Miller was a highly drafted defensive end who was sought after for his ability to also play linebacker in a 3-4. Both are considered top defensive players in the league today. Von Miller during draft day was labeled by several experts to be a mold of Mario Williams. You're probably right though, those two things don't sound similar at all to me.

Archived