THE BROWNS BOARD

Favorite Tv Football Announcer Pairing?

TheClevelandSound

Who is your favorite TV Football announcer Pairing?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your current favorite announcers to listen to on TV?

• Brad Nessler/Mike Mayock
    • Kenny Albert/Daryl Johnson
    • Sam Rosen/Brian Billick
    • Dick Stockton/John Lynch
    • Chris Myers/Tim Ryan
    • Jim Nantz/Phil Simms
    • Greg Gumbel/Dan Dierdorf
    • Ian Eagle/Dan Fouts
    • Bill Macatee/Steve Tasker
    • Spero Dedes/Rich Gannon
    • Kevin Harlan/Solomon Wilcots
    • Thom Brennaman/Troy Aikman/Joe Buck (not during MLB postseason)
    • Al Michaels/Cris Collinsworth
    • Mike Tirico/Jon Gruden

We hear them every day. We all probably have preferences. Personally, I check the announcing schedule on Wednesday every week so I know who is going to be doing the Browns game.

My personal favorite pairing is Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts. Ian Eagle has one of the best play by play tv voices (minus Gus Johnson, but he doesn't do the NFL anymore).

Some of my other honorable mentions are Jim Nantz and Phil Sims as well as Chris Myers and Tim Ryan.

The worst in my opinion is Kevin Harlan and Solomon Wilcots. Kevin's voice sounds like he has a potato stuck in his throat and Solomon has absolutely no idea what he is talking about at all.

For the record, the Browns have Spero Dedes and Rich Gannon for our game Sunday.

Let's hear your thoughts!

Jim Donavan & Doug Dieken

I used to like when Simms picked on Greg Gumble but I guess Gumble got sick of it. :lol:

For the national guys I guess Collinsworth and Michaels.

Well of course Jim Donovan and Doug Dieken are at the top of my list of radio announcers! lol. And then the guy that does the play by play for the Lions and the guy for the Giants, cuz they both sound exactly the same. But thats radio lol.

Gumbel used to be good but he has gone downhill recently (age).

To me it all comes down to the color analysis guy. The play-bye-play guy on tv is useless. That's why I picked Troy Aikman, Joe Buck. Buck doesn't call EVERYTHING he sees, and Aikman knows a lot more then most other color analysis, (other then Dan Fouts), but I can't stand Ian "talks to much" Eagle

Bernie and Donovan

To me it all comes down to the color analysis guy. The play-bye-play guy on tv is useless. That's why I picked Troy Aikman, Joe Buck. Buck doesn't call EVERYTHING he sees, and Aikman knows a lot more then most other color analysis, (other then Dan Fouts), but I can't stand Ian "talks to much" Eagle

I disagree. I think the play by play guy is the most important, especially since he is the one you primarily hear for most of the broadcast. Just my opinion though.

Bernie and Donovan

That's preseason lol.

Just my opinion but I consider announcers little more than commodities.

Oh sure, some have better voices than others and, perhaps, a personality I find marginally better than others but, to me, the game is why I watch. Emphasis on the word, "Watch".

I never have and never will watch or not watch a sporting event due to who the announder(s) are or are not.

It boggles my mind that these folks command such outrageous salaries.

Lemmings buy beer, cars, etc. I guess.

Just my opinion but I consider announcers little more than commodities.

Oh sure, some have better voices than others and, perhaps, a personality I find marginally better than others but, to me, the game is why I watch. Emphasis on the word, "Watch".

I never have and never will watch or not watch a sporting event due to who the announder(s) are or are not.

It boggles my mind that these folks command such outrageous salaries.

Lemmings buy beer, cars, etc. I guess.

This may be true, but I think they also contribute to the viewing atmosphere and without them, there would be alot less knowledge of certain things going on in the game (injury reports, penalties, challenges, etc)

Archived