THE BROWNS BOARD

Jarvis Jones

Hunt Daddy

Watching the Georgia/Florida game, it all became clear to me. I knew this guy would be good before tonight, but we all did. Now it's all become clear. This guy is going to be a stud. The BROWNS NEED HIM. If we get this guy on board we get a great linebacker AND pass rusher. This would take pressure off of Sheard for sure, and he could come back to what he used to be.

If this guy becomes a Brown, I can say without a doubt, that he will make the defense a top 10 defense. One player doesn't usually do that for a team, but this guy can. He will help two positions for us. With him and Haden we have two elite defensive players that can shut down the offense and parts of the field.

At this point, this season is almost, not mathematically, but we all know it's true, over. Let's just hope for a great draft spot (probably 2-4 for this guy) and that we get Jarvis Jones.

I want to win without a doubt, but we're 1-6. At this point, I'm fine with losing the rest of 'em and getting this guy. I think he's going to be like Von Miller and go number 2 overall. I'm sure someone will get a QB at 1. I really think we should get this guy. He would just help out our defense so much. If we get this guy, that would be great.

If you lose so much like we have, you gotta hit on your top guys. We have with Thomas, Haden, and Richardson. If we get Jones, I'd say we hit on another top guy.

This guy better be in our sights.

Jadeveon is a true sophomore and can't come out until the 2014 draft.

I know this, hence the "keep calm" part.

Whatever we do in next year's draft is immaterial if we land Jadeveon in the following one. Kid is going to be the best defensive player to ever come out. He is an absolute freak.

well considering the teams options that will be picking in the top five next year you gotta figure out which each team's needs will be.

i think klein will be the #1 qb taken. lattimore the #1 rb. we'll be looking for DE or LB @ #3. and hopefully we'll move up or have something in the middle to late 1st round to get a comparable CB to haden.

well considering the teams options that will be picking in the top five next year you gotta figure out which each team's needs will be.

i think klein will be the #1 qb taken. lattimore the #1 rb. we'll be looking for DE or LB @ #3. and hopefully we'll move up or have something in the middle to late 1st round to get a comparable CB to haden.

Lattimore will not be the number one RB taken. He will not even enter the draft, more than likely.

He may never play meaningful football again.

yeah i forgot i didn't watch any football yesterday. and i also forgot to check with you before i posted. cuz god knows you can't agree with one thing i have to say.

that's alright. weren't you one of the guys out front with a sign waiting for holmgren to get off the plane like he was some prophet or war hero? and you also said klein would not be an option for us next draft. dude he's an option for any team even if you pick him to trade and get picks.

I wouldn't judge him just on his performance against the Gators, saying their offense line is horrible is being nice. Theres a reason they were running the ball so much. gotta check out DaMontre Moore next time aTm is on the tube, guy is a beast...

How in the world does Lattimore not enter the draft??? No way he goes back to school to risk being injured again..

Well lattimore's injury will prevent him from being ready from the beginning of the season next year. With teams opting for drafting RBS later in the draft if he enters he will be a 3-5 rd pick. Depending on how severe the injury is.

If i was the kid i would rehab it and go back to school.

Well lattimore's injury will prevent him from being ready from the beginning of the season next year. With teams opting for drafting RBS later in the draft if he enters he will be a 3-5 rd pick. Depending on how severe the injury is.

If i was the kid i would rehab it and go back to school.

after seeing that leg dangling like it was, He will not be ready for next year, and will have to go back to school. Didn't he blow out the other knee last year as well?

after seeing that leg dangling like it was, He will not be ready for next year, and will have to go back to school. Didn't he blow out the other knee last year as well?

yeah he is better off finishing up school. seems like a good kid finish his education and rehab and see what happens. His injury reminds of a lot of Alvin Macks from the program.

I'd of gladly sacrificed Jacksonville and Seattle wins last year for Luck or Griffin.

I think Weeden is, and will continue to be, as good as Luck

I wouldn't trade Richardson and Weeden for Luck and a different guy at #22 from what I have seen so far.

And those two wins were good for my sanity.

Zombo

Agree with Latimore sentiments... after battling back from one knee injury to suffer what may well be an even more catastrophic one to the other knee is just devastating.

Then again I never thought McGahee would make it as a pro... so there's always hope.

Meanwhile back at the topic...

I like the GA kid as well, but feel our need is greater in the middle. And I'm liking Te'o more and more every week...

Agree with Latimore sentiments... after battling back from one knee injury to suffer what may well be an even more catastrophic one to the other knee is just devastating.

Then again I never thought McGahee would make it as a pro... so there's always hope.

Meanwhile back at the topic...

I like the GA kid as well, but feel our need is greater in the middle. And I'm liking Te'o more and more every week...

greater need in the middle? Dquell Jackson is the least of our worries on defense. We need OLBs, CB, FS, and depth all around..

yeah i forgot i didn't watch any football yesterday. and i also forgot to check with you before i posted. cuz god knows you can't agree with one thing i have to say.

that's alright. weren't you one of the guys out front with a sign waiting for holmgren to get off the plane like he was some prophet or war hero? and you also said klein would not be an option for us next draft. dude he's an option for any team even if you pick him to trade and get picks.

I don't think I ever said anything about Klein. I don't know enough about him, I have paid 0 attention to him.

but I do admit I was excited for Holmgren.

I wouldn't judge him just on his performance against the Gators, saying their offense line is horrible is being nice. Theres a reason they were running the ball so much. gotta check out DaMontre Moore next time aTm is on the tube, guy is a beast...

How in the world does Lattimore not enter the draft??? No way he goes back to school to risk being injured again..

Lattimore's dream was to play for Carolina and to win a Heisman. He's an absolutely fantastic guy and has clearly said before that the NFL will be there when he's done with college. I have met him on campus and spoken with him at parties and he just doesn't seem like the guy to ditch college because the NFL is knocking.

Also, his draft stock is clearly going to fall, so it would just make sense to stay in school and try to improve his stock.

That injury definitely looks like a career ender...If he ever plays football again it will be a testament to how far we've come in the medical field...30 years ago he'd never be able to walk again without a crutch...And even now that knee will never be the same

That injury definitely looks like a career ender...If he ever plays football again it will be a testament to how far we've come in the medical field...30 years ago he'd never be able to walk again without a crutch...And even now that knee will never be the same

He may still be able to play. There were no breaks, only a dislocation and ligament damage. The first report of the injury on ESPN was wrong.

we need a play maker on defense. A ball hawk.. Look how poopy the steelers look on D when Gayboy Troy doesnt play. Ed Reed of the Ravens..

Someone like Clay Matthews, Brian HGH Cushing..

An impact defensive player.

That player is Manti Te'o he fits perfect as an OLB in this scheme. Jarvis Jones projects to be an OLB in a 3-4 scheme not a DE in the scheme we run. Now if for some reason we go back to the 3-4 than Jones might be a better pick. But if you want the highest impact in this scheme you want Manti Teo. Every week his draft stock rises and i wouldn't be surprised if he goes as high as 4 when its all said and done. the guy is very intelligent, high character and loves to hit! We would instantly have one of the best LB corps in football with his addition. Hell when was the last time you heard a LB mentioned in heisman talk? He's a once in a decade LB. Teo reminds me of Troy P at the linebacker position a nasty hitter thats very smart and fast. We'll regret it if we pass on him!

That player is Mante Te'o he fits perfect as an OLB in this scheme. Jarvis Jones projects to be an OLB in a 3-4 scheme not a DE in the scheme we run. Now if for some reason we go back to the 3-4 than Jones might be a better pick. But if you want the highest impact in this scheme you want Mante Teo. Every week his draft stock rises and i wouldn't be surprised if he goes as high as 4 when its all said and done. the guy is very intelligent, high character and loves to hit! We would instantly have one of the best LB corps in football with his addition. Hell when was the last time you heard a LB mentioned in heisman talk? He's a once in a decade LB. Teo reminds me of Troy P at the linebacker position a nasty hitter thats very smart and fast. We'll regret it if we pass on him!

I think he would be a great pick for us as well.

Archived