THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Cribbs

BadNewsBrowns

Cribbs Interview

I want to like Josh Cribbs but I think ever since he signed his new deal he really believes he's worth a lot more than he actually is. You can almost say he is becoming somewhat of a team distraction, if he says stuff like this to the media what is he saying behind closed doors? This guy pops off at the mouth way too much.

He went on the radio this morning an answered some tough questions, saying he think he should play a bigger role in the offense (wasn't too long ago when he said all he wanted to do was play special teams}.

Cribbs also said McCoy would give the Browns a better chance to win now.

I hate when NFL players feel like they should be a bigger part of the equation.

That attitude will get them nowhere in life.

Zombo

--Maybe he should say "I feel like I should have a reduced role..."

I hate when NFL players feel like they should be a bigger part of the equation.

That attitude will get them nowhere in life.

Zombo

--Maybe he should say "I feel like I should have a reduced role..."

Okay - but to come out and say this kind of stuff to the media is not a good idea.

It could have a snowball effect and doesn't set a good example for a young team with young receivers.

And I'll say it again, if he says this to the media what's he saying behind closed doors?

Okay - but to come out and say this kind of stuff to the media is not a good idea.

It could have a snowball effect and doesn't set a good example for a young team with young receivers.

And I'll say it again, if he says this to the media what's he saying behind closed doors?

I wish everyone had Cribb's attitude.

But if he said McCoy gives us a better chance to win (did he really??) he may have hit the pipe before the interview.

Zombo

I wish everyone had Cribb's attitude.

But if he said McCoy gives us a better chance to win (did he really??) he may have hit the pipe before the interview.

Zombo

Quick summary of the interview.

One of the interviewers says he thinks the play calling sucks and HC is no good. Asked if he wants to be more involved in the Offense, he replies YES, of course he is going to say that. He says get the athletes the ball more often, which Cribbs is supposedly one of those, mentioning Percy Harvin as a measure to what Vikings do with different play calls. He says he thinks he should definitely play offense and we shall leave that question there.

Asked if he wants Pat Shurmur as HC going forward, he basically answers no, or least doesnt exactly endorse Shurmur, but guess that is always going to be the case when a HC is not playing you as much as you would like, least he is answering questions a lot more honestly than players do when giving press conferences.

Asked jokingly if he is dressing up as a WR for his Halloween fancy dress party, he says he is going to dress as someone else so he can get some gametime. :lol:

Asked is Brandon Weeden is better than Colt McCoy, Cribbs says BW is what our Staff wants to see, If you wanted Wins right off Colt would have given you the best chance from start of season, but Weeden would come through to to be a better QB in the Browns playbook. Cribbs dodges the question which QB is better right now. Sounds like Cribbs thinks McCoy still has a chance to be a starting QB somewhere.

We all knew that Colt would give us the best chance to win early on, but then Weeden would not be where he is now without playing.

Clearly Weeden is a better qb than Colt at this point. It's not even a discussion any longer.

I do agree that cribbs is concerned about his future in the NFL. If he does not take a bigger role in the offense, then he surely will not keep a big contract to return kicks. He may not be back next year and he is concerned. That QB comment in the interview was not necessary based on what I read here (I didnt listen to it).

Allow me to restate what I said almost 2 years ago...........

Josh Cribbs is a shit player. I said at teh end of the 2010 season that he would never be as good as he was right then, and while he had value, he should have

Now, not only is his play causing losses, but now his mouth is going to cause trouble.

Piece of shit. OVer rated, useless, piece of shit. They guy is cancer and should be cut. WHy wait to send him packing at the end of the year? Let's cuth this piece of shit now.

I am hoping that he takes another hit that knocks him into queer street again, this weekend.

BOOM, "Out Go The Lights".

Ghoolie..... Obviously your opinion of Cribbs is set in stone. The man HAS been fun to watch, and although he is not what he used to be..... Piece of shit? I think your way off base with most fans. STILL an above average return man without a doubt. We just have to get returns without a flag every time

You what Cribbs reminds of? HE reminds me of that homo kid everyone had in their grade school class. The homo kid who played no sports but he ran fast as all hell.

Nobody would have ever thought of strapping a helmet on him because while he ran fast, his body wasn't stern enough to be a back or a reciever, and his body motions in motion were so noodle-like you just knew once he got hit, he would be finished.

Cribbs is a tragedy waiting to happen.

Tom, this is where you're full of shit. You can hate on Cribbs all you want to- but in this case stats don't lie- and you can look them up if you want to. Josh is solidifying his place as one of the best return guys in the history of the NFL. Isn't his fault the NFL decided to gut the Kickoff return (getting rid of the wedge) as a legit scoring threat. NO ONE has more than one KO TD this year.

For a "washed up" guy for kick returners, THIS YEAR Cribbs is FIFTH in the NFL in KO ypr with guys that have more than 5 returns- that takes out the one hit wonders. SECOND in the league in total KO yardage. Make that 6th in punt return average (same deal more than 5 returns) and SECOND in total punt return yardage.

Not bad for a washed up bum. He'd be doing even better if a couple of his long returns weren't negated by dumb-ass holding penalties.

Allow me to restate what I said almost 2 years ago...........

Josh Cribbs is a shit player. I said at teh end of the 2010 season that he would never be as good as he was right then, and while he had value, he should have been traded.

Now, not only is his play causing losses, but now his mouth is going to cause trouble.

Piece of shit. OVer rated, useless, piece of shit. They guy is cancer and should be cut. WHy wait to send him packing at the end of the year? Let's cuth this piece of shit now.

I am hoping that he takes another hit that knocks him into queer street again, this weekend.

BOOM, "Out Go The Lights".

Cribbs was a good return man.. He won't be back with the team as we are finally getting more talent..

BUT you can't have it both ways.. Because you have swore colt is shit.. And also Cribbs is shit! But there is no denying he was our most dyanamic play maker over the last few years due to lack of talent.. So maybe colt isnt as bad as you NEED him to be? Or was Cribbs isnt as bad?

please enlighten me

Seriously what the fuck is up with all the hate with Cribbs? As Stated by Hoorta the guy is top 5 in punt and kickoff returns. He now has an almost nonexistent role in the offense (maybe 3-5 snaps a game) and makes plenty of down field tackles on special teams. What's wrong with any of that? We tried him the past few years as a WR and it failed, but those were the years when I seriously believe I could have walked onto the browns as a WR. So we paid the guy a decent chunk of change, who gives a shit? It's not like we let some prime talent walk out of the door and signed Cribbs instead. I don't have some bromance with the dude but he can clearly play the game of football in a special teams role.

Get a grip. It seems like every time Cribbs takes it out of the endzone he gets past the 20. If it weren't for stupid flags on seemingly half the returns I'd bet he'd be closer to tops in KO yardage.

Seriously what the fuck is up with all the hate with Cribbs? As Stated by Hoorta the guy is top 5 in punt and kickoff returns. He now has an almost nonexistent role in the offense (maybe 3-5 snaps a game) and makes plenty of down field tackles on special teams. What's wrong with any of that? We tried him the past few years as a WR and it failed, but those were the years when I seriously believe I could have walked onto the browns as a WR. So we paid the guy a decent chunk of change, who gives a shit? It's not like we let some prime talent walk out of the door and signed Cribbs instead. I don't have some bromance with the dude but he can clearly play the game of football in a special teams role.

Get a grip. It seems like every time Cribbs takes it out of the endzone he gets past the 20. If it weren't for stupid flags on seemingly half the returns I'd bet he'd be closer to tops in KO yardage.

Exactly. Cribbs may have lost 1\2 a step- but he wasn't a 4.2 burner when he came into the league either. He got a lot of those long returns by breaking tackles, and having just the right amount of shiftiness.

I'd have no problem bringing him back for a couple more years at the right price- let him finish his career as a Brown- he's seen the bad times- let's hope the good times are ahead.

And as an aside to Ghoolie- should Cribbs get KOed- we already have his replacement on the roster- Travis Benjamin. :)

How is Cribbs a bad special teamer!!!??? The man consistently gets us out to the 30 or 40 yard line, I don't understand how he is shit. Not a lot of returners do it as consistently as he does. More involved in the offense? Probably not too much. Above average at that one thing? Definitely

i'm not a HUGE cribbs fan only because he has lost SOME of his usefullness because of the new KO rules and i never liked the move to try to make him a wide receiver.

i still can't believe that the browns have never utilized him in a WildDawg formation type of thing. wasn't he a decent QB in college? why not pitch to the guy on a fake reverse and let him throw it 15 yds down the field?

and i agree 100% with bonedawg. if cribbs wants more playing time why not let him do it in the defensive backfield? can't be any worse than some of the schlubs we got back there now.

BORING....................... NObody remembers punt returners. Why? because most championship teams don't have good ones. It is a position for stoolie, like Browns fans, who are so fucking hard up for something to cheer about, they cheer for the return man.

Cribbs sucks dicks.

Boom. AN intelligent post. The guy is a utility player and a commodity. He isn't a star. he isn't worrying opponents. He is washed up, over paid and a total underachiever.

Sorry you can't pay attention. Cribbs is STILL one of the best in the NFL at WHAT HE DOES. If by your standards offensive linemen are a dime a dozen, so if you want to argue kick returners are 1 cent a dollar. OK. However, Cribbs not only can still give the Browns excellent field position- assuming dumbass Ventrone can figure out how not to get called for holding or a block in the back on damn near every kickoff, Josh is also one of the best gunners in the league at stopping the other guys kickoff artist from breaking a long one.

I can tell you this much- unlike McCoy, should the Browns decide to part ways with Cribbs after the season, he will be snapped up instantly by another team.

Let's get with it folks, Cribbs is a specialty player now way past his prime. I made it clear that we could have traded for a good pick two years ago. He is now worth nothing to anyone but the Browns. Good player on a very bad team two years ago and now a mediocre player on a rebuilding team .............no value to any other team now

Really? I can think of two teams off the top of my head who need a returner: San Diego (lost Goodman for the season, Weddle fumbled a punt on TNF) and Tampa Bay (cut Sammie Stroughter and have no production at the position).

Also, like I told Ghoolie in a PM, Cribbs is "leading the league in return yardage, No. 4 in yards per kick return and No. 4 in yards per punt return."

Clearly, the Browns have no use for a player who helps put them in better field position (because that doesn't matter).

Dude it's not even worth your time. I was going to write up a big thing but it would just be wasting my effort. Believe it or not, I would understand if we had Cribbs out there taking snaps away, but he's not. On offense he has a whopping 6 catches on 8 targets and 1 rushing attempt. That means he roughly gets one touch per game on offense. He's top 5 in both kickoff and punt returns. It's literally like the above simply don't want to believe the stats and just rant because that's how they feel and it's not going to change.

There's no sentimental attachment, if the guy was doing crappy I'd want him off the field. But it's blatantly obvious to anyone who understands the game of football that Cribbs is a guy who still can play the game at a high level.

Archived