THE BROWNS BOARD

Beginning To Think Weeden Sucks

BrownsFan4Evr

For everyone saying we've found a quarterback for the next 5-8 years....NOT SO FAST my friend....He looked scared in the pocket, couldnt find his open recievers, and was inaccurate alot today...Theres no way we should consider replacing him this offseason but he's definitely got a ways to go...But no doubt we have a 10x better chance of winning with him on the field than Pony Boy McCoy

he dosen't suck, he's just not the "messiah" that everyone desperately wanted him to be. he's a somewhat talented rookie QB that is on a bad but slightly improving team that are both going to need time to grow and mature.

problem....

he'll be about ready to retire when he hits his "prime" football maturity wise.

I agree he looked terrible.

But he's had more games where he's looked good than he has where he's looked bad, which is more than McCoy can say.

And by "looked good", I don't mean passed your "eyeball test". I mean a rating of at least 80, which is considered an average rating.

FWIW, Weeden has 4 games with a rating over 80, just as many as Colt had all last season.

Holy shit. The guy is a rookie. He's gonna have ups and downs. We lost this game because we can't finish drives with TDs.

Yep he is a rookie but the problem is........he is a 29 year old rookie. He needs to be really good now.

Weeden looked bad, i won't sit there and say he didn't. But I can't reiterate enough times that Shurmer is the reason we're losing football games. I had this little glimmer of hope that Shurmer saw the light and realized the only way to win football games is to throw down the field. Then we have another game like today where any time the browns are 3rd and 5 or more we might as well punt.

Stat line of the game: 20/37 for 187 yards for Weeden. That's less than 4 yards per attempt. That type of stuff is not on the QB people, that's play calling. I have to admit this is the only thing I'll give the Colt sympathizers. No QB could have gone out with the plays called today and won, plain and simple. It's embarrassing really how bad the whole game was managed by good ol Shurms.

Blame Weeden all you want, we lost this game because of Shurmur.

Exactlly. Weeden played bad, but our coach was WAY WAY WAY worse

I am sick of all of the Weeden vs. McCoy posts. I agree that the play calling is costing us much more than any QB. Why when we have 3rd and 1 and they have not stopped TR all day do we pass? We are the most predictable offense in the NFL. I refuse to blame the players. We are young and we are making youth mistakes. But the play calling is miserable.

Thank you. Screw the QB controversy, shurmer is the problem. Worst play caller and clock manager in the nfl besides Romeo

They need to implement more hurry up into the offense. Weeden is comfortable, and I can recall numerous hurried drives this season that the Browns actually drove down the field, relatively quickly, unlike last year. Play to his strengths when you are down and need to move the chains.

All I know is that regardless of how good or how terrible Weeden has looked during this Rookie season, he (along with the playmakers) at least gives us fans hope that a big play can happen. The only thing sapping that hope is the awful playcalling 80% of the time.

The vanilla play calling within the 35 is what lost this game. Shurmur tried to play mistake free ball, which shows that he doesn't have the huevos to be a HC in the NFL. To top it off, he goes for it on 4th down on his own end of the field with 3:54 left and 2 time outs.

Don't throw this all on Weeden's shoulders, the guy is a rookie. He made some poor choices, but that is expected. Anyone clamoring for McCoy doesn't remember how ineffective he was as a QB in the NFL.

Start praying for Sean Payton.

The vanilla play calling within the 35 is what lost this game. Shurmur tried to play mistake free ball, which shows that he doesn't have the huevos to be a HC in the NFL. To top it off, he goes for it on 4th down on his own end of the field with 3:54 left and 2 time outs.

Don't throw this all on Weeden's shoulders, the guy is a rookie. He made some poor choices, but that is expected. Anyone clamoring for McCoy doesn't remember how ineffective he was as a QB in the NFL.

Start praying for Sean Payton.

Weeden said himself he can't use being a rookie as a mistake.

Payton is a coach who has thrown 60 times a game. I don't want that.

I want a balanced coach like Jim Harbaugh, I know it might not be possible, but that's my ideal coach

today he was anything BUT comfortable.

i think it's safe to sat out of all rookie qbs selected in the first round we got the shittiest.

I disagree. Weeden had the misfortune of being drafted into the shittiest situation. He'll be fine after we get some REAL coaching in here & our WRs either develop or we pick up a vet WR or 2. Weeden will be fine.

Mike

Archived