THE BROWNS BOARD

Monday Morning After

WRREBEL

First off i notice alot of people frustrated... Shurmur is not a good coach but let him finish the season. Nothing good can come of a in season change.

My thoughts on the game..

First off, you aren't going to win many games kicking 5 fgs. We came out very flat and let the Ravens take it to us.

Weeden looked hestitant and scared to pull the trigger. there was times back there were he had all day to pass. He also missed on a lot of wide open reads. He is still a rookie and the Ravens had two weeks to prepare for him.

I am not a Colt Mccoy or a weeden guy. If Colt started this year i think we are a 500 team. It is clear that weeden has much higher upside. So you stick with him and hope he progresses and learns. Hopefully he finishes the year strong. The last two games have been horrible.

Shurmur is one of the worst game managers in the league. His play calling is horrible.

Lets just take a deep breath. The sky isnt falling. We lost to a team with a better coach and with a better QB at this point in time. We are still young and up and coming..

Haslam will bring in a new coach. And being how young we are a change on scheme on offense or defense won't be that big of a deal. We can use the draft and actually sign some free agents to fill in the gaps..

People who say they are no longer going to root for the Browns are either not real fans or just venting with emotions.

Our time is coming.. We have waited a long time so one more off season wont kill us..

The receivers, when they were tossed a decent pass, seemed to be playing much better. Weeden is a difficult guy to follow. His inconsistencies and poor decisions, after a few strong plays in previous games, make it really difficult to support him. Chalk it up to a rookie I suppose is what we are left with, but given the state of this team's success, I'd be really curious to see what McCoy could do with this maturing offense.

I really wish we'd get more dimensional in the backfield. If we are to be a team of the future, Trent Ricahrdson is key to that sucess and playing him alone for runs over and over, as opposed to rotating anyone else in, is so ridiculously predictable any defense worth their salt can take out that part of our game easily. Shurmur is by far the weakest offensive mind this team has ever seen. Seems he tries to mix things up with a pass at the wrong times over and over. How many times have we had a 3rd and 1 and Weeden drops back looking for a big play ? Does Shurmur think he's coaching HS ball ? Where we are is slow, might as well try a few widlcat plays as well. But, I have to say, I agree with a few posts here that the time to cut Josh Cribbs loose is now, while he still has some value. His play is no where near the threat he was in years past.

This team seems on the cusp so many times, but never can close the deal. The coach is seriously hindering development of this team. I wouldn't be opposed to giving a replacement coach the remainder of a bad season to start learning the team instead of this pretender.

Agreed if the owner has no real choices, but I like to think he has some candidates. Whether they're available now or not would be the reason to wait. Jumping on a call now with what's available now, yes would be a bad call, but if he has his ideas and they're available, do it now. I only see more bad affects on this young team the longer Shurmur runs the program. At least use what we have left to start some real building and confidence. Again, if the choice is available.

Well we may have thought we were on the cusp but really when were we?

We has some glimmer with a good season under Butch Davis and Remeo but both were fools gold.

Changing coaches in mid season is a knee jerk reaction. Nothing good can come of it.

OTOH, nothing any worse can come of it, unless you think getting in the running for the #1 overall pick in April is a good idea. Let Childress finish out the season, and find your HC for 2013.

OTOH, nothing any worse can come of it, unless you think getting in the running for the #1 overall pick in April is a good idea. Let Childress finish out the season, and find your HC for 2013.

Sadly, I agree. I used to sympathize with keeping Shurmur until the end of the season, but the reality is that the offense play calling cannot get any worse. This west coast, short passing first, predictable running horse shit second never makes sense to me. This league has evolved into a dynamic running / complex passing league, and to hold onto the dinosaur that is the West Coast offense is idiotic in my mind, especially with a QB that is inclined to throw the long ball and with a RB that has lateral greatness. I honestly believe it's more about unharnessing Weeden's and Richardson's abilities than it is Weeden's and Richardson's inabilities when we're talking about the offensive struggles.

Sadly, I agree. I used to sympathize with keeping Shurmur until the end of the season, but the reality is that the offense play calling cannot get any worse. This west coast, short passing first, predictable running horse shit second never makes sense to me. This league has evolved into a dynamic running / complex passing league, and to hold onto the dinosaur that is the West Coast offense is idiotic in my mind, especially with a QB that is inclined to throw the long ball and with a RB that has lateral greatness. I honestly believe it's more about unharnessing Weeden's and Richardson's abilities than it is Weeden's and Richardson's inabilities when we're talking about the offensive struggles.

Do you think you are going to intall a new offense during the bye week?

Guys shurmur is a clown of all clowns.. The only good thing will happen is from a fans only personnel stand point. You will feel better about not having to see the fool..

suck it up and stop being such pansy

Do you think you are going to intall a new offense during the bye week?

Guys shurmur is a clown of all clowns.. The only good thing will happen is from a fans only personnel stand point. You will feel better about not having to see the fool..

suck it up and stop being such pansy

Um, Childress runs the same offense as Shurmur. I doubt he can do any worse that Patsy "the gameday clown". Let Brad run the show the rest of the year- he's likely gone at the end of the year too- at least let him audition for another HC gig. Shurmur has totally blown his chances on that one. :)

The offense can stay the same with Childress as head coach. Maybe he won't make stupid decisions like Shurmer. If shurmenr knew anything about football and made logical decisions this team would perform better. So why not let Childress keep everything the same and just run the show in an NFL manor. It cant be worse and theres a chance our players would be used correctly.

No, I wouldn't be for that. That would be like replacing Tweedledum with Tweedledee. Either leave Shurmur in place for the rest of the season to absolutely solidify that he is not worthy of continuing.....or put an interim in there that has little if anything to do with the Holmgrem/Shurmur/Childress offensive system. Like the DC or someone (though I don't think it should be Jauron. Leave him where he is).

Best solution: let Shurmur boil in his own stew. He made this mess, why reward him with a paid vacation the rest of the year.

Archived