THE BROWNS BOARD

Gruden To Philly?

WRREBEL

My link

Don't worry i am way over him, i dont even check his facebook page once a day anymore!

======================================================================================

Report: Jon Gruden could be headed to Philly

Posted by Mike Florio on November 8, 2012, 2:30 PM EST

AP

It’s been rumored for years that, if/when Eagles coach Andy Reid no longer is coaching the Eagles, former Eagles offensive coordinator Jon Gruden could be lured back to town.

Now, Howard Eskin of WIP and FOX 29 reports that Gruden could be the next coach of the Eagles.

The move, obviously, hinges on the Eagles firing Reid. And on Gruden being interested.

Gruden has made it clear from time to time that he’ll coach again, even as ESPN has tried to make staying in the broadcast booth more and more attractive to the man who led the Bucs to a Super Bowl win a decade ago.

Some of you will scoff at Eskin’s report, given that he said last week that a quarterback change with the Eagles was “likely.” Keep in mind, however, that the Browns scoffed in June when Eskin reported that former Eagles president Joe Banner could resurface in Cleveland.

Eskin serves as the radio sideline reporter for Eagles games, so he’s plugged in. And while it doesn’t take a genius to plug Gruden’s name in to a potential vacancy in Philadelphia, Eskin’s report makes sense.

If, of course, owner Jeffrey Lurie and agent Bob LaMonte will be able to transact business after Lurie has fired Reid, a LaMonte client.

Honestly, anyone besides Shurmur is cool with me. The main lesson learned with the shit shows that were Crennel and Shurmur and Mangini is get someone with winning HC experience. Only two of the twelve HCs for the Browns had HC experience before coming to Cleveland? Does that not make total sense why all of our HCs since '99 have sucked ass?

You know how rumors are, they tend to favor the source, but the word in these parts is Gruden had dinner in Knoxville with Jimmy and Big Jim Haslam several weeks back. The first topic of discussion was his interest in the Browns, and he wasn't interested, he was interested in a college gig, at which point the Vols job was discussed.

Grudens first coaching job was with UT and his wife is a former UT cheerleader whose parents live near Knoxville.

So rumor has it Grudens wife wants him to take the job in Knoxville and Big Jim Haslam has already written the check and given it to the trustees to buy out Dooleys contract after a handshake agreement Gruden would take the job as a SEC coach.

As I have said many times, I think a top flight college job is much better than a NFL job.

Tennessee might not be a cream job, but it is a top tier job with enough tradition that would enable the team to win on a regular basis.

In Big 10 terms, it might not be a OSU or Michigan, but it is a Mich St or Wisc.....with nicer weather.

Hahaha I agree.

Fuck gruden, he is a look at me look at me..

And it would be Nice if skip bayless died with gruden

i liked to see gruden break into bayless's house and blow is fucking head off, and then realizing that he couldn't hang in jail, blow his own fucking head off like the pussy he is.

chucky my ass. we used to call him little asshole while stealing his lunch money.

You know how rumors are, they tend to favor the source, but the word in these parts is Gruden had dinner in Knoxville with Jimmy and Big Jim Haslam several weeks back. The first topic of discussion was his interest in the Browns, and he wasn't interested, he was interested in a college gig, at which point the Vols job was discussed.

Grudens first coaching job was with UT and his wife is a former UT cheerleader whose parents live near Knoxville.

So rumor has it Grudens wife wants him to take the job in Knoxville and Big Jim Haslam has already written the check and given it to the trustees to buy out Dooleys contract after a handshake agreement Gruden would take the job as a SEC coach.

As I have said many times, I think a top flight college job is much better than a NFL job.

Tennessee might not be a cream job, but it is a top tier job with enough tradition that would enable the team to win on a regular basis.

In Big 10 terms, it might not be a OSU or Michigan, but it is a Mich St or Wisc.....with nicer weather.

That would be a bizarre move in my opinion. A guy so inculcated in the NFL culture to make a move to college?

Nothing wrong with Tennessee. Big stadium, lots of support. If he is thinking that way I suspect he thinks he could be the next Nick Saban, and compete with Saban.

But face it, if he takes that job he is essentially saying "I'm retired".

And here I thought he wanted to be the next John Madden, not the next Nick Saban.

That would be a bizarre move in my opinion. A guy so inculcated in the NFL culture to make a move to college?

Nothing wrong with Tennessee. Big stadium, lots of support. If he is thinking that way I suspect he thinks he could be the next Nick Saban, and compete with Saban.

And here I thought he wanted to be the next John Madden, not the next Nick Saban.

As said, rumors/leaks tend to be in favor of where they come from. Down here Gruden is a Vol. In Philly, he is a Eagle. In Cleveland, he is a Brown.

Bottom line....who knows?

I don't buy the college gig either. I think he is staying put in broadcasting.

According to multiple, independent sources, the Vols have a agreement in principal with somebody....tight lips over who the somebody might be at this time.

The word is 3 boosters, 2 named Haslam, and one named Thornton ( "Thunder" Thornton....a really rich guy who hangs with people named Haslam and Ted Turner) went after the same guy and decided they would do it until he said no. Now, maybe he didn't. If money talks, those guys can talk a good, long while.

It is also rumor reported Dooley has addressed the team he isn't back next year.

Just saying....

Gruden could be looking at it the same way a guy like Saban looks at going to the NFL. Gruden already has a super bowl ring but he's never won at the college level. Do it right and you can be the king on campus for a very long time, which doesn't happen in the NFL.

Looking from a stability and longevity standpoint, college is a much better option than the NFL and the money isn't that much less than he'd make in the NFL.

Gruden could be looking at it the same way a guy like Saban looks at going to the NFL. Gruden already has a super bowl ring but he's never won at the college level. Do it right and you can be the king on campus for a very long time, which doesn't happen in the NFL.

Looking from a stability and longevity standpoint, college is a much better option than the NFL and the money isn't that much less than he'd make in the NFL.

good thought.

talk about bragging rights.

was never a big sec fan but after they became a powerhouse so many years ago and then the recent onslaught of championships, titles, and nfl prospects and the fact since moving to ny my best friend is a serious georgia fan.....you've gotta be a real schmuck not to show respect, which i kinda begrudgingly do (just cuz my luv for THE OSU).

something about tennessee i really really like. not just the college. the way of life. the beautiful countryside. everyone should be lucky enough to reside in such a place.

why did they ever let fulmer go? i mean the guy coached heath shuler and peyton manning and they were a serious force there for a while. was it health or just age and desire to relax? guess the recruiting from teams a little more south got the best of them.

their MAIN fuckup was hiring kiffin, who has proven to be the biggest douchebag in college football history. i saw a 30/30 piece on espn that some place in tennessee named their waste treatment facility after that dick. seems like they have patterned their franchise(?) cookie cutter to what the browns have done since '99.

bad hires.

According to multiple, independent sources, the Vols have a agreement in principal with somebody....tight lips over who the somebody might be at this time.

The word is 3 boosters, 2 named Haslam, and one named Thornton ( "Thunder" Thornton....a really rich guy who hangs with people named Haslam and Ted Turner) went after the same guy and decided they would do it until he said no. Now, maybe he didn't. If money talks, those guys can talk a good, long while.

It is also rumor reported Dooley has addressed the team he isn't back next year.

Just saying....

Andre "Thunder" Thornton, the former Indians slugger? No.

I don't think it is Gruden they are courting, but someone with Southern connections. Bill Cowher who lives in NC may also be a target.

Archived