THE BROWNS BOARD

Two Things

TypicalBrowns

http://fansided.com/2012/11/16/josh-cribbs-wants-out-of-cleveland-i-feel-caged/

Cribbs during the entire interview stating he "feels caged" and "wants someone to use him more creatively", even going as far as saying "hes better than the next man up" and that "something needs to change". He feels his 41 catch performance last year didnt warrant enough reason for the coaches to put him in at reciever.

Cleveland will be "Cribbsless" come 2013.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/11/15/browns-starting-cornerback-joe-haden-sidelined-with-oblique-injury-status/

Haden with an oblique injury, missed two consecutive practices, most likely out.

Fuck

I am not very concerned over letting Cribbs go after this season. I am not sure what he expects. He is a good special teams player nearing the end of his career, and that is it. I could not imagine him going to another team and winning a WR job, and the problem with designed plays for him is that since he rarely comes on the field it tips the Browns' hand anyways. I am hoping that Banner is not the kind of guy to get swayed by the media the way Holmgren did when we restructured a deal for him midcontract. His production afterwards along with the kickoff rules change has made me seriously question his value.

Joe Haden is another story. He is a big time difference maker on defense. This is part of the reason that I hope the Browns grab another corner in the first round. We have no depth in the secondary, our free safety does not make plays, and I think that a little competition between Joe and another talented young corner would be good for him and the team. Hopefully, there is nothing to this and he will suit up Sunday. I am still rooting for this team to turn the season around after the bye week.

Havent we gone through this "use cribbs more often" stage, and it hasnt worked? Just sayin cribbs is digging his own grave with Cleveland.

Haden being out again blows, hes lacked consistency yhis season and IMO has been dissapointing this far given his top 5 cornerback mentality. Havent seen it this season

The issue here is that Cribbs is more than a special teams player but his skills at WR are not what we need - we need a real WR. I'm a big Cribbs fan and have always loved his commitment to our team - I just hope that it does not end sour for him or us. I will always regard him as a real Brown unless he keeps doing doing interviews like this.

Cribbs said "CREATIVELY" - he did not say at wr.

"He feels his 41 catch performance last year didnt warrant enough reason for the coaches to put him in at reciever."

Shurmur and the boring, low budget st coach have him going up the middle every kick return. Excuse me?

Weeden isn't allowed to change a play - they just stupidly go ahead and run whatever Shurmur calls, like a simple

run up the middle, even against an eight man line.

Did you see that goofy Eagles play, where the ko returners - one laid down, completely flat, and the kicking team

ran down field to get the guy who got the ball....and the returner stopped, and threw it across the field, as the other returner

got up off the ground?

Shurmer isn't creative - he doesn't have the guts. He goes by the book so he can't be second guessed much, he thinks.

That's my explanation for him. He doesn't inspire, but micromanages, and doesn't have the competitiveness to outwit a defense -

he just is witless.

I believe that is what Cribbs is saying - and he's right. Even a creative kick return would work awesomely for the Browns.

Shurmur seriously lacks the instincts to mix it up, and keep a defense off balance. He thinks like a sumo wrestler.

That is stupid football most of the time. He has no common sense. He has to go, as well as the rest of the coaches.

Jauron won't blitz much - wont' take a chance on being wrong. That is stifling the players from going all out to win.

This coaching staff is holding the entire team back. Another wrong set of coaches picked by a Lerner.

dammit. That is what Cribbs is saying - let these players play - they need to be unchained from Shurmur's murmur, lack of humility,

and lack of daring AND common sense.

The guy Canton Mike really thinks could be the guy - is Brad Seeley....sp? I'm interested in that, now, too.

The issue here is that Cribbs is more than a special teams player but his skills at WR are not what we need - we need a real WR. I'm a big Cribbs fan and have always loved his commitment to our team - I just hope that it does not end sour for him or us. I will always regard him as a real Brown unless he keeps doing doing interviews like this.

Exactly Howie- I'm a huge Cribbs supporter- BUT. Josh is not only a ST player- he's also a Team Captain. I'm sure Joe Thomas and Dquell Jackson are just as frustrated as he is- but you don't see them running their mouths in the press.

If he wants out- fine- Travis Benjamin can fill in more than adequately. Cribbs certainly won't get another mega-payday somewhere else.

He does have a legitimate beef that Shurmur has been clueless on how to best utilize him.

Archived