THE BROWNS BOARD

Lawrence Vickers Eager To Play Browns

PoeticG

IRVING – Sunday's game against the Cleveland Browns is personal for Cowboys fullback Lawrence Vickers.

Vickers, who is in his seventh NFL season, spent his first five years with the Browns.

"It's personal for me because I was there, I know these guys, I know this organization," Vickers said Thursday. "I was there and when you've put in five years of your life and you put all you put into it, it's going to be personal to you.

"It's not that I'm mad. I'm not mad or upset at all. Cleveland gave me a chance. They were the team that picked me in the draft so I'm forever indebted to them. They gave me a chance to do what I always wanted to do and that was play football, so it's no hate. It's more of celebrating."

Vickers suffered a left knee injury Sunday in Philadelphia. He did not practice Wednesday and was limited on Thursday. But it will take more than a sore knee to keep him from playing against the team that drafted him in the sixth round in 2006.

Asked if he would play Sunday, Vickers, who had two rushes for 11 yards and two receptions for 18 yards against the Eagles, responded: "Oh, come on now."

What would it take for him to miss the game?

"For me to die," Vickers said. "I ain't missing this for nothing in the world. It's personal, believe that one."

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/11/15/12/Vickers-eager-to-play-against-the-Browns/landing_cowboys.html?blockID=820745&feedID=3742

This one kinda stings. I remember Vickers calling out to Cleveland and Randy "fucking" Lerner to re-sign him and let him stay a Cleveland Brown. He practically begged. He said that there would come a day that he'd be leveling our LBs and leading the way for some other runningback for some other team. I think that we'll see this Sunday that losing Vickers was a mistake... I just hope that it doesn't cost us the game as well. Sorry Heckert, but this one is a mark against you- Just imagine Vickers lead blocking for Trent Richardson, it'd be epic.

although Maurecic is a loser and Vickers is much better..

To list him as the one who got away is comical.. Its not like when Red Sox traded Babe Ruth to the yankees. Or even when the dolphins signed Cualpepper instead of Brees.

Vickers was released also by the Texans.

Agreed. The weak Cowboy run game is the least of my concerns for Sunday. Vickers was a good lead blocker, but I am not mad at the Browns for trying to find a player that fits their system better. It stinks that Marecic has been terrible so far and I hope that he is able to somehow turn it around, but it happens. Not all draft picks work out. Look at the Ravens and Sergio Kindle.

This one kinda stings. I remember Vickers calling out to Cleveland and Randy "fucking" Lerner to re-sign him and let him stay a Cleveland Brown. He practically begged. He said that there would come a day that he'd be leveling our LBs and leading the way for some other runningback for some other team. I think that we'll see this Sunday that losing Vickers was a mistake... I just hope that it doesn't cost us the game as well. Sorry Heckert, but this one is a mark against you- Just imagine Vickers lead blocking for Trent Richardson, it'd be epic.

I have to agree here- letting Vickers walk was a HUGE mistake. The guy wasn't asking for much more than vet minimum, and he's light years ahead of Mari-suck who Heckert thought would be better. Owen is a bust, period. end of discussion, waste of a roster spot.

I watched most of the Cowboys-Eagles game for scouting purposes, and Vickers clearly stood out. The rap that he couldn't catch the ball is BS. Plus the guy is a standout lead blocker. Mari-suck is hard pressed to move a cornerback out of the way on a sweep.

Vickers was the Heart of our Offense. There hasn't been an EMOTIONAL leader on the offense since. Maybe Trent takes on that roll on but I still haven't seen the Heart that Vickers brought.. even though FB is not a glory position "he" still inspired those around him by him attitude and demeanor.

Vickers was the Heart of our Offense. There hasn't been an EMOTIONAL leader on the offense since. Maybe Trent takes on that roll on but I still haven't seen the Heart that Vickers brought.. even though FB is not a glory position "he" still inspired those around him by him attitude and demeanor.

Why is "he" in quotation marks?

Are you implying that Vickers isn't actually a man?

Next a punter will have a grudge against the Browns. Give me a break.

I agree.....except a punter is a position of worth.

Fullback?? Waste of a roster spot IMO.

You want blocking, put another guard in there at the position. You want a receiver type, line up another TE....as we now are.

Is'nt that a pretty picture

Archived