THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Managment Evaluating Weeden

Dick Mellon

I guess we shouldn't be surprised that the Browns are prepared to flush their 17th starting QB in the 14 seasons, since their return to Cleveland.

Whatever happened to the five years that it takes a QB to develop?

The Browns front office is saying that they will look at the next 7 games to decide Brandon Weeden's fate,

since they expect to pick high again (and again and again) in the draft.

I grew up in Pittsburgh watching Chuck Noll yank and bench Bradshaw into his 5th season, which by-the-way nobody does anymore coz they are too afraid to damage the psyche and hurt the feeling of Mr. QB. It does not seem to matter that Chuck Noll and Bradshaw's heads are on posts in Canton; nobody is yanking their 1st round QB picks anymore.

In spite of Chuck Noll's tough love, the Steelers never retreated from their position that Bradshaw was their guy and they never picked a QB to replace him. . . . and it did take 5 years for Bradshaw to fully develop as it was not until his 6th season that he began to play well.

Terrry Bradshaw as a rookie was way worse than Brandon Weeden across the board in every single statistical category!

Before da draft, I told all yinz that CLE should have traded-up for RG3, and I musta been right coz the Browns only allow one season or less to evaluate a starter. If yur only gonna allow a guy one season or less then you had better get a #1 or #2 pick, like a Luck, RG3, Couch, Manning, Leaf . . . . .

Hi Guys. Hey they just upgraded the OS on my smartphone but the speech to text doesn't work very well. Hopefully I will have less problems with either another voice to text application or from this galaxy tab. So far the Galaxy looks promising. Anyway I'm going to enter this just to see if it works. As the vision decreases by typing skills get a bit worse. Obama has four years to make me see better. Ha ha ha.

WSS

Archived