THE BROWNS BOARD

Niners Have Big Decision To Make On Alex Smith

WRREBEL

Alex smith will most likely end up being cut by the 49ers after this year, unless he decides to restructure and be a back up.

With the draft not showing a lot of guys. With Weeden looking bad lately and being as old as Paul Blake. Do the Browns pursue him? Alex Smith has showed he can make the throws and manage a game.

Also Jasin Babin just got cut by the Eagles. For the right price i wouldnt mind seeing the Browns bring him in.

...not our system...

i like the guy but i feel he'd come here and stink it up. besides we got weeden and mccoy @1 and 2. i mean i'm not the biggest weeden fan but ya gotta give the guy more than one year in the same system.

and who knows what the offseason brings with this team.

we might be running his sytem next year.

ummm no. he's a system qb...not our system...

Well, who knows what our system will be.

And as far as I can see, Weeden is doing fine for a rookie. Leave him and Colt in place for at least another year or two. He'll get there.

This is just like last year where everyone wanted to bring in other's reject, like Corn on the Kolb, or Billy Flynn.

The Eagles are gonna dump Vick. Can't wait to hear the wailing to bring him here. (Actually, I can wait).

Every has been, never was, and never will be's name will get bandied about.

Just STFU.

True we don't know what our system is gonna be, but between Weeden and McCoy i feel they both have more upside then Alex Smith. How about, for once, we not blow up the roster and let these guys get used to playing together. Even if we end up with a new coaching staff, I for one hope that we bring in a coach that knows how to use what he has rather then forcing his system down everyones throat ala PS style.

I for one hope that we bring in a coach that knows how to use what he has rather then forcing his system down everyones throat ala PS style.

your feelings and reasoning are displaced. the blame sets squarely on mike holmgren period.

he hired a guy that would run HIS system.

thank god that fat fuck is 'officially' gone. what a waste of time that piece of shit was.

any tean that goes near him as a rebuild guy beware.

Ill take Alex Smith over Weeden and McCoy, if we put a good team around him i think he can excel in the right system...I just dont ever see McCoy or Weeden being able to win us playoff games....If you have some doubt on Smith i suggest you go back and watch the playoff game between the Saints and 49ers last year, that was one of the best playoff games ive seen a QB play...He was phenomenal

Weeden has started 11 games as a rookie. After an 0-5 start, we are 3-3 in the last six.

His last ten games (we all agree his first was abysmal) he has a 78.0 rating and averages 233 yards per game, a pace of 3,728. His running back, #1 receiver and right tackle are rookies.

Alex Smith didn't achieve a 78 rating until his fourth season as a starter. He has thrown for 3,000 yards once ... 3,144 last year.

Are we really going to blow this up for someone else's leftovers?

No, we're not.

The BEST thing about this season is the seasoning that our talented first and second year players are getting.

We don't need Alex Smith. He'll be good on a good team and bad on a bad team. We need PROGRESS.

Zombo

Alex Smith is a homo. Didn't anyone else see him smiling after losing the NFC championship game last year? He should have been pissed and came out swinging this season wanting to get to that SB.

He's 5th in the NFL with a 104.1 QB rating, he did come out swinging. It's too bad he has a whinny, douchebag for a head coach.

He's 5th in the NFL with a 104.1 QB rating, he did come out swinging. It's too bad he has a whinny, douchebag for a head coach.

I'd take his head coach every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

All the guy does is win games no matter where he's coached.

I'd take his head coach every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

oh hell yeah.

just wondering if there's another harbaugh brother out there? cuz i don't care if he's coaching pee wee and working at the car wash on the weekends. bring that mother forker in for an interview.

I'd take his head coach every day of the week and twice on Sundays.All the guy does is win games no matter where he's coached.

Good coach yes, never said he wasn't. He's still a whinny douchebag on the sidelines.

Archived