THE BROWNS BOARD

Football Gameplan's Week 13 Preview Video - Browns Vs Raiders

EmDiggy

A little late this week Boss. Nevertheless you make good points:

You get a check for mentioning the need for the Browns to get TD payoff when they get into the Red Zone. This has been a problem for them.

Another check on mentioning that the Raiders TE may be their best weapon...considering the Browns biggest defensive deficiency is their coverage by their LBs and FS on the TE.

Check as well on indicating Special Teams may be a key for the Raiders. I don't know when you record this, but it is possible that Josh Cribbs could be sidelined. Not only is he one of the best KR/PR in the league but he is also the Browns #1 gunner on kick coverage. His loss could be an issue (despite what Ghoolie thinks.

I think a couple of things you failed to mention has been the quality play of both the Browns OL and DL the last several weeks. The DL held both the Cowboys and Steelers to about 50 yards rushing each the last couple of games, and I don't think the Raiders running game is as good as those two teams. Also, the Browns offensive line is one of the best in football at pass protection. Sure, opponents get a few sacks....but the time Weeden gets I think is one of the reasons he holds the ball so long...he knows he can. (of course he does need to be more accurate.)

Archived