THE BROWNS BOARD

Buster Skrine

Horn of Lake Erie

I don't care if this guy is second or third string, this guy has no place in the NFL. He single-handedly lost us the Dallas game, and Manning had a hayday with the guy. Outside of the fact that he gets burned every third play, he lacks any physical presence. 5'10, 185? Yeah, I'll see ya at CCC at the beginning of the year...

I don't care if this guy is second or third string, this guy has no place in the NFL. He single-handedly lost us the Dallas game, and Manning had a hayday with the guy. Outside of the fact that he gets burned every third play, he lacks any physical presence. 5'10, 185? Yeah, I'll see ya at CCC at the beginning of the year...

Ya, I think the last few games have really shown how bad they need to address the defense in the offseason. For most of the season I was thinking LB was the main concern, but now I'm leaning toward CB and depth at CB. Gocong will be back next year (I'm Luke warm on him though) and I think Fort, Robertson, and JMJ have shown some flashes. When you look at corner what do they have? Haden..... And that's about it. Brown needs to be downgraded to Nickle and Skrine is a BIG question mark and they dumbed Patterson. Might have to throw some big money at a FA to fix the leak.....

This FA has some good Corners in FA. Hopefully we can land one, so we don't have to spend a draft pick on one. I think Brown is better suited for Safety next year, he is there in coverage but always a step late.

I think you have your numbers mixed up. Make that Sheldon "I can't cover my grandmother" Brown #24.

Did you watch the same game I did? Brown gave up the first two TDs, and would have given up a third, falling flat on his ass- luckily Manning overthrew his intended target. How easy could you make it for Peyton? Who's #24 trying to cover? Toss the ball there.

Yes we need a legit #2 CB, Skrine is OK in my book as a #3, Brown should be cut the end of the year.

I think you have your numbers mixed up. Make that Sheldon "I can't cover my grandmother" Brown #24.

Did you watch the same game I did? Brown gave up the first two TDs, and would have given up a third, falling flat on his ass- luckily Manning overthrew his intended target. How easy could you make it for Peyton? Who's #24 trying to cover? Toss the ball there.

Yes we need a legit #2 CB, Skrine is OK in my book as a #3, Brown should be cut the end of the year.

Those two TDs on Brown's receivers were perfect passes by Manning to spots the Brown had little to no shot of defending. He had pretty tight coverage. Sometimes you have to just give the other team their due for making plays. It happens. Sometimes guys like Manning make throws that cannot be stopped. I have been advocating drafting a corner round one, but honestly I don't care if we get a couple of guys through free agency or the draft. The bottom line is our secondary is weak. One injury to Brown or Haden and we are helpless and our FS does not make plays (the interception today was the exception not the rule). That being said, I am more worried about our offense. We are still unable to put up the kind of points we need to to compete with good teams. TE and OG are big needs (another WR would not hurt) and Weeden and Richardson are going to have to step it up next year.

Shelden Brown was right there on those passes. It was a perfect pass by Manning that no DB could defend.

He single-handedly lost us the Dallas game, and Manning had a hayday with the guy. ...

Huh? Single-handedly?

What about Shurloss' play calling? Weeden's wonderful game? Cribbs' fumble? Need I go on?

It took McCoy to get a touchdown. Jeez, what a team.

Yea man what everyone else said pretty accurate. That old expression "there's no defense against a perfect pass" is very true. I do think they were picking on Brown on purpose but those were strikes by Manning.

Skrine on the other hand has no discipline at the position, only speed. Couple that with the fact he's small and it doesn't bode well for him. Honestly I think every time he's out there he commits a penalty.

Huh? Single-handedly?

What about Shurloss' play calling? Weeden's wonderful game? Cribbs' fumble? Need I go on?

It took McCoy to get a touchdown. Jeez, what a team.

Adjectives apparently weren't your strong suit in school, were they?

In case your that dumb to even catch my drift, I was referring to the DALLAS game.

And yes, I stand by my argument that Dallas' late "drives" against us basically entailed over 50% of yardage coming from Skrine hopping on Dez Bryant's back like a four month old orangutan.

In case your that dumb to even catch my drift, I was referring to the DALLAS game.

you're... but yes. He's a dumb ass if he thinks colt would have won or even made the game close.

Alas, one more season's end with more questions. But, we do have all sorts of answers to the old ones...

Why, with all of Buster's speed, was he playing off so far? Against Peyton? You kidding?

Will the NFL ever start being consistent in their calls? Like holding? and picks?

Why are so many kick returns marred by penalties? WTF? That coach has to go.

JMHO, but why so much of the time, the Browns simply run up the middle on those kick returns? Seriously?

Denver had most everthing in place last year. Except qb. So, there ya go. Remember, it was Peyton's Dad who didn't want

Eli going to a team without a solid cast.

Wny no blitzes? Hardly ever? Hello, Browns DC?

Will Haslam get rid of this non aggressive, unimagiative coaching staff? Wait, that one has an answer. YES.

Things are looking up.

The Browns, for this year, will have had a great season if they can kick squeeler buttooski next week.

"sigh"

Brown was in as good of position as you can ask a corner to be on both of those routes. He just got Manning'd twice. The throws were perfect strikes, in a position where only the receiver could get it.

And yes, I stand by my argument that Dallas' late "drives" against us basically entailed over 50% of yardage coming from Skrine hopping on Dez Bryant's back like a four month old orangutan.

Mea Culpa (I'm so dumb I don't even know what that means). So I made a mistake, just like others assuming you meant yesterday's game. Get over it. Glad you're in the holiday spirit. No need to call people names..... asshole.

Did you watch the same game? Haden couldn't hav covered those passes better, but there's defense for a perfect pass.

you're... but yes. He's a dumb ass if he thinks colt would have won or even made the game close.

And you.... Where did I say Colt would have won the game? I simply made a factual statement. Both of you guys are prime examples of what's wrong with this Board.

Those two TDs on Brown's receivers were perfect passes by Manning to spots the Brown had little to no shot of defending. He had pretty tight coverage. Sometimes you have to just give the other team their due for making plays. It happens. Sometimes guys like Manning make throws that cannot be stopped. I have been advocating drafting a corner round one, but honestly I don't care if we get a couple of guys through free agency or the draft. The bottom line is our secondary is weak. One injury to Brown or Haden and we are helpless and our FS does not make plays (the interception today was the exception not the rule). That being said, I am more worried about our offense. We are still unable to put up the kind of points we need to to compete with good teams. TE and OG are big needs (another WR would not hurt) and Weeden and Richardson are going to have to step it up next year.

To me, the offensive problems can be laid almost 99% on youth and poor coaching. The coaching WILL change, and those offensive player will gain experience.

On defense...it is a matter of talent. Just like everyone else I see the need for 2 more quality DBs and at least one or more quality LBs.

Mea Culpa (I'm so dumb I don't even know what that means). So I made a mistake, just like others assuming you meant yesterday's game. Get over it. Glad you're in the holiday spirit. No need to call people names..... asshole.

How could anyone assume I was talking about the game last night when I explicitly stated the adjective, "Dallas?" Once again, a lack of understanding of grammar is the only way you could have misconstrued what I said, and additionally my remarks were in response to your obviously abrasive language. Learn to take what you deal out, big guy. Merry Christmas to you too.

How could anyone assume I was talking about the game last night when I explicitly stated the adjective, "Dallas?" Once again, a lack of understanding of grammar is the only way you could have misconstrued what I said, and additionally my remarks were in response to your obviously abrasive language. Learn to take what you deal out, big guy. Merry Christmas to you too.

Sorry I forgot your (sp?) an English teacher. More than me (or is it I) misconstrued your adjective, maybe it had to do with "Manning" in the same phrase. My complaint was your bullshit attitude about someone making a mistake. I can deal out more than you can handle, I just don't understand why you and others insist on calling people names and making shit up. Show me the abrasive language.

I've been saying this since he stepped on the field. The guy is terrible.

Archived