THE BROWNS BOARD

Stats Do Not Lie

tampadawgs

So we have half this board that love Weeds and the other half who love Mccoy and another half who hate both...I know its 1.5 halves...

Here is a breakdown of all the Browns QBs in the history that was worth anything best year

Brian Sipe-1980

4132 yards

30 TDS

14 INT

60.8 Comp%

qb RATING 90.4

Bernie Kosar-1987

3033 yards

22 TDS

9 INT

62 comp%

95.4 QBR

Brandon Weeden-2012

3385 yards

14 TD

17 INT

57.4 Comp %

72.6 QBR

Colt Mccoy-2011

2733 Yards

14 TD

11 INT

57.2 comp%

74.6 QBR

I would put Otto in this, but we all know that he was the best QB in Browns History, do there is no need. Here are the 4 I put on here!!!!

Weeds numbers as a rookie not bad since they are some what close to Kosars career year..

The game in 1987 is not the same as it is in 2012. More is expected of 1st round QB's. At least compare him to one of the Manning brothers, y'know, something a little more contemporary.

You can't just say "look, I have stats," and ignore their context.

Easy enough to look that up on NFL.com if you have the mind to. BTW both mannings threw for more ints than TD their first year as a starter. HOwever most of the big names didn't. Weeden needs to cut down on the head scratching interceptions to improve. Don't feel bad- Rothlisberger cost the Steelers the game with his picks. It happens.

Stats are one thing, but I'm just concerned about Weeden's pocket presence. He doesn't feel the pass rush at all, and his mobility blows.

He may be better if we get better guards to get the running game going. Lots of "ifs," just break out of this franchise funk in 2013 please.

Here are some other big names

Eli Manning- First year as full time starter

3762 yards

24 TD

17 INT

52.8 Comp%

72.7 QBR

Peyton Manning= Rookie Year

3739 yards

26 TD

28 INT

56.7 Comp %

71.2 QBR

There. This is better. Weeden wouldn't look so bad for a rookie if Cam, RG3 and Luck didn't come out of the gates like a bat out of hell.

we need so much help on the other side of the ball that QB help is not an option....unless haslam and banner decide to throw money and some picks at washington or new england for their #2 guys.

i wouldn't.

put weeden in some confidence coaching sessions. not tell him to NOT throw the ball away or NOT to throw interceptions. i mean let him do what he does as a gun-slinger and give him a patt on his ass. if he sucks eggs doing so then 2014 we'll be looking for the next andrew luck or RG3........again.

Archived