THE BROWNS BOARD

Julius Peppers wants to be an OLB in a 3-4

Pumpkin Eater

Would he be worth it though?

The dude is a physical freak.

But he takes plays off, and it's strange he wants to switch positions.

He really has no reason to be unhappy in Carolina, perhaps he is a malcontent?

Baggage... My Brother lives down there. Said he is not a Fan Favorite !

some carolina fans are known to have a 'take it or leave it' attitude towards football fandom. it's NCAA basketball country. even though he plays what football fans consider a glory position, peppers doesn't get the visibility or attention that steve smith (because he's one of the best players in the league) and jake delhomme (because he's the QB) do.

suggs might be a better investment. he's played in a 3-4 before and is two years younger than peppers.

however, i'd be happy to get either.

Guest Masters
Peppers is an absolute beast, like the Jew said, i'd be happy with either. But peppers has more mileage on him, however he is in great shape

He's 28 and only been in the NFL for years. That is not a lot of mileage at all for a DE. Basically the same mileage as Terrell Suggs.

Peppers needs to go to a team that is already set and competitive on the big stage. I think he can be a big time 3-4 player. The experts he is not suited to a outside LB in the 3-4. I think a team like NE could use his skills and make him a real impact player. With one caveat!

I am not sure he is smart enough to be a big impact 3-4 lb in NE schemes...........

I think he should tuck it in and do the best he can in Carolina...........more downside than upside in his proposed move

I think our cap space should be used for depth not someone else's stud.

The Browns can develop stars here with the draft. The approach of all or nothing every year must stop. It takes more than one off season to correct the debacle that has occurred here for the past four years. Well actually 10 years.

Archived