THE BROWNS BOARD

Final Thoughts On Everything

tampadawgs

QB-Weeden overall did not do a bad job, He still has a lot to learn in the NFL. He holds the ball a little to much. He needs to trust his Wide outs more. Than again they were all rookies learning.

Grade C+

RB- Trich and Hardesty did a solid job, I will not use TRich injury as a excuss. He played he needs to produce. I want to bet thou that 90% of his carries were without a Fullback. Trich did score 12 Tds this year. I did expect bigger things from him, might have to do with coaching thou. As many has said on here, if we know its a run than god knows the defense knows its a run

Grade C+

WR-Little, Gordon, Benj, MoMass, everyone else...After little got over the drop ball thing became very solid. Overall they were solid, Gordan could be huge next year. Little will be very solid number 2 and Benjeman will be a great down field threat. He is fast as shit. I am really pumped about this group. I do think we need a vet WR to help they young guys!!! {ERFECT EXAMPLE IS IN TAMPA. VJax has done wonders for Mike Williams Career.

Grade B

Oline- again solid at the tackles and center, guards no so much. Thomas is a stud 6 time pro bowler. I will be the first to tell you I was pissed that we passed on AP and took Thomas, but what more do you want the guy to do. He has done his job and he is the best at in the NFL.

Grade B

D-Line- As soon as Big Phil came back the Dline played great!!!! need more pressure from our D-ends and I think we can adress this in the draft. Rucker solid FA pick up

Grade B

Linebackers- DQ is a stude, and Robertson di a solid job, but we need a Stud LB somewhere, could be adressed in the Draft

Grade C-

DBs- Disaster, Haden could not stay on the field, when he did he is a top 5 CB in the NFL, Ward great against run Solid year. Everyone else please go away

Grade D-

Special Teams- Did a great job, we do need a new punter, since we punt more than anyone in the NFL

Grade B+

Coaching Staff- All epic fail, I do kinda feel bad Shurmer is getting screwed. He took over a team during a strike year, youngest team in the NFL, and I do not think Banner did any justice by leaking that he will be fired before the Steeler game. I think that is real shady. Aslo Its not Shurmers fault he was put in a postion he had no right to have. Just like all of us if we got promoted we would take it in a heartbeat even if we know we were not ready for it. Shurmer was in a no win sistution. He did suck thou Good bye!!!

Grade F

Sidenote- the Browns have been linked to 1000 different coaches on who will be our new coach, no idea who it will be, but I do want someone who has some fire in the re belly...Crennel, MAngini, Shurmer all have zero fire in there belly.

Squirmur was definitely not the guy and imho lacks the offensive fire to be an HC, the fact that heckert backed him 100% puts him in the same sinking boat..

Another thing to consider in haslam cleaning house in berea is how many bob lamonte clients under one roof are to many?

Jimmy haslam needs to surround himself in people he can trust lets just hope for once that the owners chosen people can earn our trust by turning this club around once and for all..

How good that must feel, its been a very long time..

Archived