THE BROWNS BOARD

Feelings Moving Forward

ClevelandFanForLife

Just thought I'd start a thread so that everyone can voice their opinions on this team moving forward. What are your feelings? Are you excited? Are you worried about who Haslam and Banner could bring in? I'll go first

I'm excited. I think that the Lombardi rumors were started by him and it's not happening. I hope I'm right. I really like Haslam and think he's smart enough to know not to become Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder. I am skeptical about Banner but trust his track record. I am really excited for what comes next for this team. We have a ton of young talent and I think this job will be attractive to coaches. It may not be the most glamorous job but it will be better than in some places. The freedoms that Banner and Haslam are offering (control over the 53) is something that they will not have in some places.

I think things are looking up and we need to trust these guys. We all celebrated when Haslam bought the team. We can't trash the guy after the first couple of moves he makes. I trust in the FO for the first time in a long time. Go Browns.

Watching the press conference, I think Haslem and Banner will give the "RIGHT" coach more power, but if they go with the "unproven" coordinator type guy,or a college coach, then they will bring in a bigger GM type.

That being said, I think they want the big name coach.

A key aspect from the press conference is that the Browns will hire the Head Coach FIRST....and then the "GM/Player Personnel Director".

So, the Lombardi coming here rumors may completely depend on who the HC will be.

So, it could be that certain GM types may not come here because those particular guys will want the right to hire their own HC...and that is not happening here.

I'm skeptical. I'm glad Shurmur is gone, but I'm upset Heckert is gone. I love the hope that I have right now. We were bad and we're making changes. So there is the hope there that maybe we'll get it right. I like Haslam and Banner is growing on me, but right now I'm indifferent. I'm tired of making the wrong changes. Shurmur needed to go for sure, I just don't want to fuck it up again and be screwed in another two years.

You know I just watched Shurmers press conference from after the game, and he knew he was getting fired. I will tell you, I like Shurmer just not as the Head coach as the Browns. Some of his conments were funny as hell!!!! He should have never got the job in the first place. I think he is a solid coach, just not a good head coach. I hope he lands on his feet and get a job which he will. I do think our FO did not handle this well, not talking to Pat in a couple of weeks, what are we 12!!!

Feeling moving forward is I want a coach that has some fire in his belly!!!! I am tired of seeing Crennel, Magini, Shurmer on the side line that hae no fire. I want someone cranked up like the Harbough brothers, Tomlin....Someone that leaves everything on the field with the players

I'm skeptical, mainly because we've seen so many changes in coaching staffs since we came back. It's great we have an owner who cares, & I hope they make the right hire(s). We've been let down before.

Get experience- Ken Whisenhunt is now available. Whisenhunt is young enough & most likely hungry enough to do a great job. Plus, Whisenhunt came from the dreaded Steeler organization, so he knows the how AFC North should be won. Cowher, Gruden, Andy Reid-I'll pass on those guys.

A key aspect from the press conference is that the Browns will hire the Head Coach FIRST....and then the "GM/Player Personnel Director".

So, the Lombardi coming here rumors may completely depend on who the HC will be.

So, it could be that certain GM types may not come here because those particular guys will want the right to hire their own HC...and that is not happening here.

Exactly, and I like it that way. Who is more of a football guy than a coach, right?

Get a good solid coach who has about 75-80% of the say so and a solid talent scout who will aide the coach and front office in making decisions.

I think this should alleviate the fears that Banner is going to be the guy making the calls.

Here is a tip for those who haven't figured it out, if there is any tie breaking vote or a vote that trumps the others, Jimmy Haslam has that vote....just like it is with probably 2/3 of the teams in the league.

In the end, everything Haslam has done to this point shows he wants to support the coach, so my feeling is the coach will get who he wants.

Im excited going forward. The primary reason is the next head coach, whoever it will be. Look at it this way, whoever Haslem decides to bring in will get more than 2 years which will stop the revolving door we've had going on. Haslem is going to give his guy every chance and ample time to put together a winner and i think we can all agree that we have a good headstart with all the young talent on the team.

Exactly, and I like it that way. Who is more of a football guy than a coach, right?

Get a good solid coach who has about 75-80% of the say so and a solid talent scout who will aide the coach and front office in making decisions.

I think this should alleviate the fears that Banner is going to be the guy making the calls.

Here is a tip for those who haven't figured it out, if there is any tie breaking vote or a vote that trumps the others, Jimmy Haslam has that vote....just like it is with probably 2/3 of the teams in the league.

In the end, everything Haslam has done to this point shows he wants to support the coach, so my feeling is the coach will get who he wants.

I think, in his heart, he wants Saban. Do you? And if so, what do you thnink of his chances of getting him?

I think, in his heart, he wants Saban. Do you? And if so, what do you thnink of his chances of getting him?

I think Saban is DEFINITLY Haslem's 1st choice. I'm not sure we can get him though.

No I do not want Saban because 1)...It means we go back to boring Mangini style football...2) I question his allegiance to fullfill the length of his contract, then run when something better comes along.

No I do not want Saban because 1)...It means we go back to boring Mangini style football...2) I question his allegiance to fullfill the length of his contract, then run when something better comes along.

If Mangini's style of football was boring then what the hell was Shurmur's? But I would definitely question Saban's allegiance considering how he left Miami..

If Mangini's style of football was boring then what the hell was Shurmur's? But I would definitely question Saban's allegiance considering how he left Miami..

Not arguing with you. Just stating My point

Just thought I'd start a thread so that everyone can voice their opinions on this team moving forward. What are your feelings? Are you excited? Are you worried about who Haslam and Banner could bring in? I'll go first

I'm excited. I think that the Lombardi rumors were started by him and it's not happening. I hope I'm right. I really like Haslam and think he's smart enough to know not to become Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder. I am skeptical about Banner but trust his track record. I am really excited for what comes next for this team. We have a ton of young talent and I think this job will be attractive to coaches. It may not be the most glamorous job but it will be better than in some places. The freedoms that Banner and Haslam are offering (control over the 53) is something that they will not have in some places.

I think things are looking up and we need to trust these guys. We all celebrated when Haslam bought the team. We can't trash the guy after the first couple of moves he makes. I trust in the FO for the first time in a long time. Go Browns.

Nope, can honestly say I'm not excited. Too much (sewer water) under the bridge. Shurmur had to go- and if Haslam really wanted to show who's boss & he can't tolerate losing, he should have canned Patsy mid season. Change can be good, or very very BAD.

Heckert did a good job of re-stocking the roster with young talent- but bringing in a certified draft moron like Lombardi with a strong coach- say (carpetbagger) Saban will give the Browns about 1 season to improve before the inevitable downhill slide to oblivion begins again. 'Tardi is a definite DOWNGRADE from Heckert- and with the other names being bandied about, I have to hope Banner is smart enough to realize that. You might say I'm getting old and cynical, that I should give the "new regime" a fighting chance- but I'm tired of this shit- and bringing in a proven loser @ GM will make Ghoolie's rants look positively mellow by comparison- you've been warned.

So like they say in Missouri "Show Me". Yes, "show me" you really are in it for the long haul Mr. Haslam- don't pull a Holmgren on us and bring in "big name" Saban, or say fat cat TV guys like Gruden or Cowher that will rest on their laurels. You want an OC? instead of tossing $100 million at Saban for HC, I'm sure you can get Norv Turner (OC)for a hell of a lot less than that. Shit, bring back Romeo as DC while you're at it. Couple of great co-coordinators who proved they were in over their heads as as Head Coaches. (Steelers Dick LeBeau ring a bell? Sucked as a HC, one of the greatest DCs of all time) If McDaniels wants to wait until Bill retires, Kyle Shanahan looks like he's ready to step up. MHO.

I'm reading that Lombardi is not a serious consideration for the GM position.

I pray constantly that "rumor" was started by Lombardi himself, as a not too little bit of self promotion. The guy has proven is spades he sucks as a GM, only second to Matt Millen over the last 30 years.

I pray constantly that "rumor" was started by Lombardi himself, as a not too little bit of self promotion. The guy has proven is spades he sucks as a GM, only second to Matt Millen over the last 30 years.

The guy is terrible. I hope to fucking christ he isn't our GM. I had a nightmare two days ago where he got hired.

The guy is terrible. I hope to fucking christ he isn't our GM. I had a nightmare two days ago where he got hired.

Ironically...I had that same nightmare. No kidding.

I'm excited. Hiring the HC 1st & willing to give them power is huge. Haslam also said he wants a HC with strong leadership skills who is intelligent, tough, & aggressive. He also said the scouts ARE under contract & will be retained. The scouts evaluated the talent which we have added. Heckert did upgrade our talent, but he DID make some glaring mistakes. How can you overlook Colt being the ONLY QB on the roster (at the start of the season) with ANY NFL experience & Greg Little (1 year & dropping everything early on) & Moglass as your only WRs with ANY NFL experience. That combination Retarded the growth of BOTH our WRs AND QBs.

We are far better off with this passionate & determined owner. It will be interesting to see what we end up with as HC, GM, & Asst Coaches.

Mike

Waiting very optimistically to see if jimmy can bring us "the right guy"..

So far so good, i love the coach first approach and jimmy haslams confidence that cleveland is the best opportunity in the nfl for "the right guy"...

Now comes the hard part for mr haslam and that is indeed landing "the right guy"..

I do believe haslam wants to and will lead the browns out of the nfl dark ages..

If he would leave Alabama, then all you need to do is look at his track record as a HC. He wont stay long, and if Miami any indication, the 1st sign of trouble, the first big mistake, he will high tail it out before it hits his reputation. Miami he chose Culpepper over Brees, saw that it set them back, he bolted. What happens here?

I'm very optimistic with all the changes that have been made, and more to come. Haslam is the complete opposite of Randy Lerner. With his business and NFL savvy, there won't be any retirement funds for another Mike Holmgren. I hated that situation from day 1. The fat bastard used his line of bullshit to screw Lerner out of millions. No big deal for Lerner....he deserved it....the pathetic introverted prick. I'm confident this ownership will turn the franchise around,and soon. Shurmer was not a bad guy....just way over his head, and had to go. Heckert deserved to be fired. I know a lot of you think he did a great job with a few picks, but what about the bad ones? A good GM is expected to have more good draft picks than bad. He was mediocre at best. It's just that our first round picks have been so bad for so long, it makes him look good. Heckert sucked, in my opinion, and I'm gla he's gone. He can sit around on the beach with the fat bastard and suck down Singapore Slings. I'll bet they're having a good laugh right now.....like a couple of beached whales. Good riddance!!!

I'm excited. Hiring the HC 1st & willing to give them power is huge. Haslam also said he wants a HC with strong leadership skills who is intelligent, tough, & aggressive. He also said the scouts ARE under contract & will be retained. The scouts evaluated the talent which we have added. Heckert did upgrade our talent, but he DID make some glaring mistakes. How can you overlook Colt being the ONLY QB on the roster (at the start of the season) with ANY NFL experience & Greg Little (1 year & dropping everything early on) & Moglass as your only WRs with ANY NFL experience. That combination Retarded the growth of BOTH our WRs AND QBs.

We are far better off with this passionate & determined owner. It will be interesting to see what we end up with as HC, GM, & Asst Coaches.

Mike

Because he drafted weeden in the 1st round, Colt was the vet qb. what decent vet qb wants to come to a team to potentially be 3rd string? You dont slap Colt in the face like that unless you have absolutely no faith in him.

I'm very optimistic with all the changes that have been made, and more to come. Haslam is the complete opposite of Randy Lerner. With his business and NFL savvy, there won't be any retirement funds for another Mike Holmgren. I hated that situation from day 1. The fat bastard used his line of bullshit to screw Lerner out of millions. No big deal for Lerner....he deserved it....the pathetic introverted prick. I'm confident this ownership will turn the franchise around,and soon. Shurmer was not a bad guy....just way over his head, and had to go. Heckert deserved to be fired. I know a lot of you think he did a great job with a few picks, but what about the bad ones? A good GM is expected to have more good draft picks than bad. He was mediocre at best. It's just that our first round picks have been so bad for so long, it makes him look good. Heckert sucked, in my opinion, and I'm gla he's gone. He can sit around on the beach with the fat bastard and suck down Singapore Slings. I'll bet they're having a good laugh right now.....like a couple of beached whales. Good riddance!!!

disagree on Heckert completely. he brought talent and depth. The future is set up for whomever is hired in that the cupboard is far from bare like it was when Heckert came in. Heckert will wind up in SD with Reid IMO

Archived