THE BROWNS BOARD

Thank You Shurmer And Heckert

ClevelandFanForLife

Now that they are gone I just thought I'd say thank you to both men. I know that I have been critical of Shurmer and am not sad to see him go but be deserves our gratitude. He took the job seriously and did his best (even if his best wasn't what we wanted). Thank you Pat.

Heckert will be missed. He certainly did a good job of acquiring young talent on this team. There are players on this team that have an opportunity to be stars thanks to them.

Although there time in Cleveland was short, they should be appreciated. Thy both left the team better than how they found it. At this point, it's all we can ask for.

Heckert did an ok job and Pat was a huge pansy. I will never miss Pat and I won't appreciate the gutless, inexcusable way he ran this offense. He was also an idiot to think he could turn this train wreck around by being the HC and OC last year. Good riddance. As to Heckert, we'll see if he'll be missed. He was OK not great by any means. He whiffed on this past draft pretty bad. It may have been tubby Holmgrens fault too.

i dont think you can really say heckert whiffed bad on last years draft he got richardson who will be a flat out stud yes he fucked up the 2nd 1st round pick i will agree to that but he got the best right tackle in the draft he had an amazing rookie year john huges and billy winn both had pretty good years on the d line travis Benjamin shows that he has a lot of speed and with the right play calling he will be a nice deep threat he also went and got gordon who is our number 1 now and james Micheal johsnon didnt do to bad in the time he played

and im not saying weeden is bad either im saying that he was a huge reach in the first round

It was a huge reach to take a QB that doesn't fit the 30 year old westcoast offense

Well there was a lot of speculation that teams were looking at Weeden before our next pick in round two, so to say that we could have gotten him at a later point is a statement that doesn't even agree with general speculation. Weeden will be aight, just need to put him in an offense where he can utilize his main asset, aka his deep ball.

Shurmur never seemed to get the urgency of what was going on ... ever. Never really seemed to take a chance. Definitely will not miss the 3rd and longs and a short screen or draw play, looking for a ground gain of 10 - 15 yards. I will say a time or two he seemed to step out of the mold he'd created, but then again always seemed to drop back into that conservative play calling, especially when taking a chance meant so much. I will never understand, early or midway through the season, when this team seemed out of any contention, the play calling never got aggressive.

i dont think you can really say heckert whiffed bad on last years draft he got richardson who will be a flat out stud yes he fucked up the 2nd 1st round pick i will agree to that but he got the best right tackle in the draft he had an amazing rookie year john huges and billy winn both had pretty good years on the d line travis Benjamin shows that he has a lot of speed and with the right play calling he will be a nice deep threat he also went and got gordon who is our number 1 now and james Micheal johsnon didnt do to bad in the time he played

you can put the drafting of both QBs squarely on holmgren. in his mind he could take a wannabee and turn them into the next brett favre. he was lucky in his coaching tenure BUT was never someone i would let have control over an organization. thanks randy lerner for falling for his hype and setting us back another 5 years.

heckert did good in certain areas. hopefully these WRs will blossom into true #1s and 2s. he had big time playmakers at DT CB and DE but never went for the monster #1. TR i'm not sure was worth a #3 overall, but that's just me because no RB IMO is worth a pick that high, unless he's a proven APetersen. i guess he could have done better considering all the picks we had.

it sure won't be as easy for the next guy coming considering what we need and how many picks we have.

i gave up on shurmur 4 games ago. his QB cost us games and his job whether it was due to lack of ingenuity in using weeden i don't know but it's sorta like hitching your wagon to 'your' guy. live and die with that mofo.

Shurmur really had the cards stacked against him from the get go, even so he does not possess the natural instincts that make a man a born leader and a great head coach, honestly i question rather he is even an adequate OC..

I cant see haslam doing any better than heckert with the list of available idiots i have seen, however if against all odds and by some strange coincidence haslam does get "the right guy" @ HC it will become more important that the personnel director be more rehearsed at being a catering service than being an all out in charge GM..

I love the coach first approach but there are not many dudes out there that have "the full tool set" and i wish haslam and banner the best in trying to grab this mythical and illusive being..

Shurmur never seemed to get the urgency of what was going on ... ever. Never really seemed to take a chance. Definitely will not miss the 3rd and longs and a short screen or draw play, looking for a ground gain of 10 - 15 yards. I will say a time or two he seemed to step out of the mold he'd created, but then again always seemed to drop back into that conservative play calling, especially when taking a chance meant so much. I will never understand, early or midway through the season, when this team seemed out of any contention, the play calling never got aggressive.

The guy calls plays like the game has three halves.

Archived