THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Sign New Lb

DanInNYC

God I hope this guy is not another David Veikune. I can't believe we gave up a second rounder for that dude.

Also... Whose decision is this? We don't have a GM...

Good call on the Hawaii/CFL connection and Veikune. He was a Kokinis/Mangini special that we netted in the Jets trade up for Sanchez (I liked the trade but the picks were not capitalized on). LeSean McCoy was drafted by the Eagles with the next pick. Ugg. I miss Heckert already.

Good call on the Hawaii/CFL connection and Veikune. He was a Kokinis/Mangini special that we netted in the Jets trade up for Sanchez (I liked the trade but the picks were not capitalized on). LeSean McCoy was drafted by the Eagles with the next pick. Ugg. I miss Heckert already.

You boys are bitching about picking up a a free agent that's going to cost you next to nothing? It's not costing anyone anything but whatever amount of money he signed for.

1. This is the time of year where each team normally signed 3-5 extra guys as training camp fodder for next season. The fact that we have our eye on someone who managed to shine in another league is a good thing.

2. In the article it is pointed out that no one from the CFL can sign with an NFL team until Feb 15th, so this more than likely means that the Browns have shown interest in signing him when that date hits.

3. It is stupid to compare someone to other people we have drafted from that school. Last time I checked Veikune and this Elimimian guys were two different people who happened to play for the same school. That doesn't make them both terrible players, it doesn't mean that everyone who comes out of Hawaii sucks. It also doesn't compare since Veikune was a 2nd round pick and we might sign Elimimian for almost nothing.

You boys are bitching about picking up a a free agent that's going to cost you next to nothing? It's not costing anyone anything but whatever amount of money he signed for.

You are right. Nothing wrong with bringing this guy in for a look see. It would really cost nothing unless he worked out and he was signed. God knows the Browns need LB help.

No reason not to look under every stone including the CFL stone.

1. This is the time of year where each team normally signed 3-5 extra guys as training camp fodder for next season. The fact that we have our eye on someone who managed to shine in another league is a good thing.

2. In the article it is pointed out that no one from the CFL can sign with an NFL team until Feb 15th, so this more than likely means that the Browns have shown interest in signing him when that date hits.

3. It is stupid to compare someone to other people we have drafted from that school. Last time I checked Veikune and this Elimimian guys were two different people who happened to play for the same school. That doesn't make them both terrible players, it doesn't mean that everyone who comes out of Hawaii sucks. It also doesn't compare since Veikune was a 2nd round pick and we might sign Elimimian for almost nothing.

Right....the Browns drafted a QB out of Stanford by the name of Bobby Garrett with the #1 overall pick in the draft....who couldn't play a lick in the NFL. Should that mean that no one else should have ever drafted a Stanford QB? I guess maybe Jim Plunkett/John Elway/Andrew Luck put a dent in that theory.

You need to work on your reading comprehension. Neither of us complained about potentially acquiring him. We did however note that we got another player with Hawaii and CFL ties who was a bust. I also noted how bad I think the expansion era Browns drafting was- Tom Heckert aside- and relayed my angst about our current uncertainty at the GM position. Next time please engage your brain before you respond in my thread.

You need to work on your reading comprehension. Neither of us complained about potentially acquiring him. We did however note that we got another player with Hawaii and CFL ties who was a bust. I also noted how bad I think the expansion era Browns drafting was- Tom Heckert aside- and relayed my angst about our current uncertainty at the GM position. Next time please engage your brain before you respond in my thread.

I don't need to work on my reading comprehension. You were comparing him to a guy you acquired for next to nothing that didn't pan out. The LB in question is ALSO going to cost you next to nothing so even if he IS like Veikune big flippin deal. You cut him and move on. It's like bitching about a free semi burnt crunch wrap supreme from Taco Bell. Sure it's burnt, but it's free so you deal with the prospect of it tasting bad for a couple of bites to satisfy a potential hunger. "Please stop whining like a saucy lady before you engage me in one of YOUR threads in the future".

Lamer.

Exactly correct. The Browns drafted Charles White. And the Raiders drafted Marcus Allen. Both Heisman trophy winning RB's from USC. They don't even BEGIN to compare in the NFL

I didn't realize you owned this thread.

Can I respond here?

I didn't realize you owned this thread.

Can I respond here?

For someone who talks as much $hit as you in threads, you are the last person I would expect to post such a sensitive reply. Let me put it in terms you would understand. Turn down the emo music on your itunes and don't get your panties in a bunch.

Can you name 3 NFL impact players who played at Hawai'i? Protip: Melila Purcell does not count.

3 Impact players would be:

Larry Cole, DT/DE Cowboys: Started in 26 playoff games, and five super bowls, winning 2 super bowls.

Jason Elam, Kicker Broncos: won 2 super bowls and was selected to 3 pro bowls. Tied with longest field goal at 63 yards.

Mark Tuinei, OT Cowboys: Started in 3 super bowl victories and was selected to 2 pro bowls.

Jesse Sapolu, OL 49's: Started in 4 super bowl victories and was selected to 2 pro bowls.

The two biggest name current players from Hawaii that are in the NFL are Isaac Sopoaga, NT/DE/FB of the 49er's and Alex Green RB for the Greenbay Packers.

I just hate taking anyone out of that school. The last two we got burned us. 99% of the players from there who go pro end up with a career on a practice squad somewhere. Their college stats look great because they're the best team in their shitty conference and they get to run the score up on the likes of San Diego State.

For someone who talks as much $hit as you in threads, you are the last person I would expect to post such a sensitive reply. Let me put it in terms you would understand. Turn down the emo music on your itunes and don't get your panties in a bunch.

Oh, does your mom not let you curse on the Internet?

The only panties I have bunched up are your mom's cum-stained undies that are sitting at the foot of my bed.

Oh, does your mom not let you curse on the Internet?

The only panties I have bunched up are your mom's cum-stained undies that are sitting at the foot of my bed.

That is something that I would have expected to hear from a fifteen year old. Keep overcompensating internet tough guy.

That is something that I would have expected to hear from a fifteen year old. Keep overcompensating internet tough guy.

This is coming from the guy who's internet picture is of a dumpster-water redneck with a bandana on.

Tell me, did you want everyone to know that you one time put on a pair of shoulder pads so badly that you stole a picture from the facebook of the local hobby-lobby minor league football team?

I just hate taking anyone out of that school. The last two we got burned us. 99% of the players from there who go pro end up with a career on a practice squad somewhere. Their college stats look great because they're the best team in their shitty conference and they get to run the score up on the likes of San Diego State.

Hawaii hasn't played San Diego State in years and I don't think they've been the best team in their conference in years.

This is coming from the guy who's internet picture is of a dumpster-water redneck with a bandana on.

Tell me, did you want everyone to know that you one time put on a pair of shoulder pads so badly that you stole a picture from the facebook of the local hobby-lobby minor league football team?

The picture is of Steve Everitt wearing a Browns bandana during a Ravens game after the team just moved clown. Nice try though.

The picture is of Steve Everitt wearing a Browns bandana during a Ravens game after the team just moved clown. Nice try though.

Oh, so it is.

You chose to worship a first round bust offensive lineman from Michigan by immortalizing him in your avatar. Still not looking good.

I believe that is a pic of Steve Everett, who played center for the Browns who then moved to Baltimore, and he kept wearing some memento of the Browns when he played there..

I'd say that's a fail.

Oh, so it is.

You chose to worship a first round bust offensive lineman from Michigan by immortalizing him in your avatar. Still not looking good.

Steve Everitt was by no means a bust. If I recall he was perhaps the Browns best ) Lineman for several years...including the 1994 playoff year.

Steve Everitt was by no means a bust. If I recall he was perhaps the Browns best ) Lineman for several years...including the 1994 playoff year.

He was a first round pick who played for us for three years, the Ravens for essentially half a year, and the Eagles for three. Never appeared in a Pro Bowl or was nominated for an alternate.

That, my friend, is a bust.

He was a first round pick who played for us for three years, the Ravens for essentially half a year, and the Eagles for three. Never appeared in a Pro Bowl or was nominated for an alternate.

That, my friend, is a bust.

I don't think that just because he didn't make the PB that a player is a bust. I mean, he played at the same time where there were maybe 3-4 better centers in the AFC. Dermonti Dawson, Bruce Matthews and Mark Stepnoski included. Two of those are in the HOF.

So just because he couldn't break into that group didn't mean he was no good.

Besides....he was good when he played for the Browns. If he had injuries that caused his career to take a downturn after he left the Browns (or after the Browns left)...who cares. He was good when he was here.

Archived