THE BROWNS BOARD

A Ratbird Hanging It Up

blitzz2

I'm not one to hate on a person's skills even with a rival team. Ray Lewis is clearly one of the best LB's to ever play the game. But the bottom line is in 2000 he either committed or watched a double murder take place and covered it all up. He "lost" the suit he was wearing that night and testified against his friends once he was facing heat of taking a murder charge. People admitted that Ray and his friends told witnesses to shut up and say nothing about that night. Also he paid off the families of those involved to avoid a civil suit. Call me crazy but if I didn't commit a crime I sure as hell would fight paying off the families of it.

I don't care what he's done on the football field, as a man he's pathetic.

I'm not one to hate on a person's skills even with a rival team. Ray Lewis is clearly one of the best LB's to ever play the game. But the bottom line is in 2000 he either committed or watched a double murder take place and covered it all up. He "lost" the suit he was wearing that night and testified against his friends once he was facing heat of taking a murder charge. People admitted that Ray and his friends told witnesses to shut up and say nothing about that night. Also he paid off the families of those involved to avoid a civil suit. Call me crazy but if I didn't commit a crime I sure as hell would fight paying off the families of it.

You NAILED IT.

I hate the Ravens but have a great deal of respect for Ray Lewis and he's not "pathetic as a man". Do a little digging in to the guys current day to day dealings. How he is as a father, how he is in his community. How he gives back. All of which doesn't address he's a future hall of famer. He was a "innocent" bystander and the charges were dropped. If you want to take issue with something, take issue with the justice system.

This is a great, great watch. It's long but worth watching.

I hate the Ravens but have a great deal of respect for Ray Lewis and he's not "pathetic as a man". Do a little digging in to the guys current day to day dealings. How he is as a father, how he is in his community. How he gives back. All of which doesn't address he's a future hall of famer. He was a "innocent" bystander and the charges were dropped. If you want to take issue with something, take issue with the justice system.

Of course he looks good in that piece. THERE'S A CAMERA THERE. What he does when there is NO camera around is what makes a man a man.

Of course he looks good in that piece. THERE'S A CAMERA THERE. What he does when there is NO camera around is what makes a man a man.

It's how he is all the time tho. It's why he's as popular as he is with his team, with coaches around the league and with the fans. You also didn't watch the entire video. Stop being a hater for the sake of being a hater. I hate the Ravens too but Ray Lewis is not a bad human being and he's one hell of a football player. I'd take a Ray Lewis 10 times out of 10 on the Steelers and you'd do the same.

If you want to take issue with something, take issue with the justice system.

I can't stand when people try to make that statement. Of course I'm appalled at the justice system but getting off doesn't change what clearly happened that night. I suppose this part is opinion but to me there's some things you can't ever wipe clean, and murder is one of them (rape, child abuse are there too). I don't care what's he's done since then. The fact remains he was blatantly a part of a murder and covered it up instead of accepting it like a man. Guess what? That makes him a PATHETIC man. It doesn't matter he's a part of the Ravens either. It could be you, me, Joe Thomas or any other person on this world. There's just some things that can't be looked past.

It's how he is all the time tho. It's why he's as popular as he is with his team, with coaches around the league and with the fans. You also didn't watch the entire video. Stop being a hater for the sake of being a hater. I hate the Ravens too but Ray Lewis is not a bad human being and he's one hell of a football player. I'd take a Ray Lewis 10 times out of 10 on the Steelers and you'd do the same.

How do you know that's how he is all the time? Do you follow him around? Just because people around the league say nice things about him doesn't necessarily make them true. People used to talk nice about OJ too. And no one ever had a bad thing to say about Jim Brown when he was playing. As a matter of fact, most people still say he's the greatest running back of all time. But as everyone around the Browns knows, Jim Brown is hardley a greatest human being, even if he gets infront of cameras for his AMER-I-CAN foundation.

I do agree Lewis was a great player, but I have no idea what he is really like, just like you have no idea either. All we get to see are the press releases that he wants out there.

He may not now be a pathetic man, but he is a lucky man.....because he could easily have spent the rest of his career in prison because I personally do NOT believe that he was such an "innocent bystander". He may not have wielded the knife, but he was in control of and responsible for those who did.

Is he now a model citizen? Perhaps....but he had a lot to make up for.

Tough, tough player.Jim Brown wouldn't have stif armed his way past this monster.

Your statement is pointless. The two played in different eras. Every sport evolves and new technologies and techniques are available as time goes on. If Jim Brown (or any other past star athlete) played today, they could be even better than they were back then...

Was that a pun? I have lived to see this many times, and regardless of the team, when a top athlete reaches the end of the road it is a bit melancholy, even sad. With that retirement comes a realization in teh fan that " holy shit, has it been that long? Where has the time gone? He would hav"

Tough, tough player.Jim Brown wouldn't have stif armed his way past this monster.

Do you think he was tougher than Sam Huff?

How about this: List your picks for the top 5-10 MLBs in history (usually in the traditional 4-3 but not necessarily) Who would be on it? Try this list, in no particular order:

Butkus

Nietschke

Lambert

Singletary

Ray Lewis

Sam Huff

Mike Curtis

Tommy Nobis

Chuck Bednarik

Willie Lanier

Nick Buonticonti

Joe Schmidt

Chris Spielman

Randy Gradishar

Harry Carson I believe would be in at the 3-4.

Today, is it fair to say that Patrick Willis is the top MLB in the game?

Way to grab the spotlight away, Ray, from your team as they prepare for a playoff game you won't be

competing in. Look at me! Look at me... says the sociopathic narccisist. No doubt he was a

force on the field, but I have absolutely no respect for him.

Do you think he was tougher than Sam Huff?

How about this: List your picks for the top 5-10 MLBs in history (usually in the traditional 4-3 but not necessarily) Who would be on it? Try this list, in no particular order:

Butkus

Nietschke

Lambert

Singletary

Ray Lewis

Sam Huff

Mike Curtis

Tommy Nobis

Chuck Bednarik

Willie Lanier

Nick Buonticonti

Joe Schmidt

Chris Spielman

Randy Gradishar

Harry Carson I believe would be in at the 3-4.

Today, is it fair to say that Patrick Willis is the top MLB in the game?

I would rank Lewis the best, but in answer to the other poster ... NO I would not have wanted him on the Browns, not after January 31, 2000.

1. Lewis

2. Butkus in his prime

3. Singletery

4. Nitchke

5. Bednarik

Jock Sniffer!

He may not now be a pathetic man, but he is a lucky man.....because he could easily have spent the rest of his career in prison because I personally do NOT believe that he was such an "innocent bystander". He may not have wielded the knife, but he was in control of and responsible for those who did.

Is he now a model citizen? Perhaps....but he had a lot to make up for.

^+1. There are such things as second chances, and Lewis has made the most of his. Model citizen since. Doesn't change what happened that night though. We weren't there, so we'll never know. But if those actions look fishy, they probably ARE fishy. Nice of him to "forget" what happened after he got off on a plea bargain when his pals went on trial. Two people died, and no one remembers what happened. Not likely.

Yeah, great football player, certain first ballot HOFer. Kind of guy I'd like to hang out with? Nope.

Archived