THE BROWNS BOARD

Three's Company Trivia

The Gipper

Here is new trivia for this week. With these, every answer must be made in Triplicate. I.e. each question asks for three names as part of the answer. Basically a "Top Three" question.

In order to get full credit, I am going to say that you must get all three correct (even though 2 out of 3 ain't bad, I will just count those where all three are given as correct)

1. Which 3 teams have the all time best winning percentage in their histories?

2. Which 3 teams have the all time worst winning percentage in their histories?

3. Which 3 teams have appeared in postseason play the most times in their histories?

4. Which 3 teams have appeared in postseason play the fewest times in their histories?

5. Which 3 teams have won the most championships in their histories?

6. Including the upcoming playoffs of 2012, which 3 Head Coaches will have coached in the most postseason games in their careers?

7. In their coaching careers only 3 coaches have ever won over 100 more games than they have lost. Name the 3 coaches.

8. Name the 3 QBs with the highest passing completion percentage in their career.

9. Name the 3 Running Backs with the highest average yards per game in their careers.

10. Name the top 3 players who have scored the most TDs in their careers.

11. Name the only 3 teams the Cleveland Browns have defeated to win an NFL title. (exclude AAFC)

12. Name the only 3 Quarterbacks who were the #1 overall pick in the NFL draft who are now in the Hall of Fame.

13. Name the only 3 PFHOFers that attended High School in the Cleveland City School system (note: no parochial or suburban schools...so don't say Chuck Noll or Tom Mack)

14. Name the only 3 PFHOFers that attended High School in Summit County schools. (any schools)

15. Name the only 3 people to have scored 6 TDs in an NFL game.

Here is new trivia for this week. With these, every answer must be made in Triplicate. I.e. each question asks for three names as part of the answer. Basically a "Top Three" question.

In order to get full credit, I am going to say that you must get all three correct (even though 2 out of 3 ain't bad, I will just count those where all three are given as correct)

Dallas, Miami, Chicago Bears

Tampa Bay, Houston Texans, Tennesse Titans/Houston Oilers

3. Which 3 teams have appeared in postseason play the most times in their histories?

Dallas, Green Bay, Cleveland

4. Which 3 teams have appeared in postseason play the fewest times in their histories?

Cincinnati, Tampa Bay, Cardinals

Cleveland, Pittsburgh, 49ers & Cowboys

6. Including the upcoming playoffs of 2012, which 3 Head Coaches will have coached in the most postseason games in their careers?

Bellichick, Shula, Landry

7. In their coaching careers only 3 coaches have ever won over 100 more games than they have lost. Name the 3 coaches.

Paul Brown, Don Shula, Curly Lambeau

8. Name the 3 QBs with the highest passing completion percentage in their career.

Montana, Simms, Kelly

9. Name the 3 Running Backs with the highest average yards per game in their careers.

Jim Brown, Tony Dorsett, Eric Dickerson

Rice, Jim Brown, Emmitt Smith

11. Name the only 3 teams the Cleveland Browns have defeated to win an NFL title. (exclude AAFC)

Lions, Giants, Rams

12. Name the only 3 Quarterbacks who were the #1 overall pick in the NFL draft who are now in the Hall of Fame.

Montana, Staubach, Bradshaw

13. Name the only 3 PFHOFers that attended High School in the Cleveland City School system (note: no parochial or suburban schools...so don't say Chuck Noll or Tom Mack)

14. Name the only 3 PFHOFers that attended High School in Summit County schools. (any schools)

Sayers, Lavelli, Rice

Bob got #1 and #6.

Obviously Bob got many pieces and parts right beyond that...but only those 2 were fully correct.

Browns 149 got 10 and 11 right.

what about my picture I posted? That looks correct also :D

suzanne+somers+tbird.jpg

It wasn't big enough to see really. And it needs more skin.

And for what its worth, this is how we first came to know Suzanne Somers: The girl in the white T-Bird in American Graffiti.

Just click the picture I put in there. It will increase to full screen. THere are many pictures of her with more skin, but most, she is totaly naked. And I thought nude photos were against the rules

Bob got #1 and #6.

Obviously Bob got many pieces and parts right beyond that...but only those 2 were fully correct.

Browns 149 got 10 and 11 right.

Texans, Cardinals, Bengals

Cowboys, Packers, Steelers

Texans, Cardinals, Jaguars

Packers, Browns, bears

Shula, Landry, Grant

Young, Montana, Brees

Brown, Sayers, Motley

Bradshaw, Aikman, Elway

Gayle Sayers, Ben Gay, Aaron Shea

Note to Bob: Montana was a 3rd round pick, Staubach was like a 10th round pick of the Cowboys in 1965 but due to 4 year military committment he wasn't available to them for all those years.

I was reaching, I'm not much of a draft historian at all.

Also, I went to Cleveland Public Schools K-12, and am drawing a serious blank on #13

Cowboys, Patriots, Fish

Eagles, Giants, Lions

Dallas, Patriots, Raiduhs

Lions, Steelers, Saints

Dallas, Steelers, Niners

Bellidick, Shanahan, Walsh

Shula, Lombardi, Landry

Starr, Montana, Elway

Brown, Peyton, Sanders

Moss, Rice, j Brown

Baltimore, NY Giants, Eagles

Aikman, Elway, Marino

duh

double duh

Brown, Sanders, Dickerson

I was reaching, I'm not much of a draft historian at all.

Also, I went to Cleveland Public Schools K-12, and am drawing a serious blank on #13

Yea, that one is probably the hardest question on here. #14 is probably easier. For those I will probably give credit for any correct answer.

Here are the answers to this trivia:

Bears .578, Cowboys .573, Dolphins .578

Buccaneers .396, Cardinals .414, Falcons and Saints both .437

NY Giants 31, Dallas Cowboys 30, Cleveland Browns 28

As should be expected...the youngest teams: Texans 2, Panthers 4, Jags 6.

However note: these teams have only existed since 1995. The Cardinals have only mad 8 appearances in their 92 years history. The Ravens, only around since 1996 have as many postseason appearances as the Cardinals.

Packers 13, Bears 9, Browns and Giants 8 each

Tom Landry and Don Shula eached coached in 36 postseason games. As of this Sunday, Bill Belichick will have coached in 25 games. Several other coaches (Chuck Noll and others) have 24 games. BB will pass them Sunday.

Don Shula won 172 more games than he lost. George Halas won 170 more games than he lost. Paul Brown won 109 more games than he lost. Next on the list is Curly Lambeau with 94 more games won than lost.

Drew Brees is 3rd with 65.6%, Aaron Rodgers is 2d with 65.7%, and the leader is a surprise: Chad Pennington 66.0 %

Jim Brown 104.3. Barry Sanders 99.8. Adrian Peterson 99.4

Jerry Rice 208, Emmit Smith 175, LaDanian Tomlinson 162. Randy Moss is 4th with 157

Los Angeles Rams (2 times), Detroit Lions and Baltimore Colts

Terry Bradshaw, John Elway, Troy Aikman (Peyton Manning will join someday)

I know, a bit esoteric:

Bob Brown East Tech

Mike Michalske West Tech

Benny Friedman Glenville

Larry Csonka, Stow

Dante Lavelli Hudson

Cliff Battles, Kenmore

Ernie Nevers, Dub Jones, Gale Sayers

Just FYI, other Northeast Ohio Hall of Famers and their High schools:

Stark county has 5 members:

Paul Brown, Massillon

Len Dawson, Alliance

Dan Dierdorf, Glenwood (now GlenOak)

Alan Page, Canton Central Catholic

Marion Motley, Canton McKinley

Portage county has: Jack Lambert, Mantua Crestwood

Other Cuyahoga Co: Tom Mack, Cleveland Hts., Chuck Noll, Cleveland Benedictine

Lake Co.: Don Shula, Painesville Harvey

Other NEO cities: