THE BROWNS BOARD

Cavs-Lakers game...

SoCalBrownsFan

Guest ATENEARS

BTW, I don't see the Cavs pulling this one out tonight and I hope Lebron don't over-excert himself trying. Some of these games ya just got to let go. We are banged up and on the West coast, not a great situation.

I watched the whole game and the Cavs were dominated inside. Andy just doesn't have enough

bulk to stand up to Bynum in the middle. Wallace is still slowed by the flu and cannot play

heavy minutes.

There is no way the Cavs can beat the Lakers without Z and West in there. IMO if Z and West

play and the Cavs are at full strength they are better than the Lakers. Time will tell. It is still

early in the NBA.

Guest ATENEARS
I watched the whole game and the Cavs were dominated inside. Andy just doesn't have enough

bulk to stand up to Bynum in the middle. Wallace is still slowed by the flu and cannot play

heavy minutes.

There is no way the Cavs can beat the Lakers without Z and West in there. IMO if Z and West

play and the Cavs are at full strength they are better than the Lakers. Time will tell. It is still

early in the NBA.

I agree 100% ... watching Bynum & Gasol have their way from the first possesion on was telling enough to how that game was going to go. It was like watching a football team get killed in the trenches and pushed of the line of scrimmage, you knew who was gonna wear out who first.

No big loss though at this stage in the season.

Z is obviously missed, he's the team's best O-Rebounder, and that shows big-time. I think the thing that people forget about West is his Defensive presence. He's a scrappy ball-hawk that brings amazing energy to the Defensive side of the ball. That is sorely missed. Not to mention his outside shot that has been great this year. With both of them out, it's going to be a tough stretch. I was amazed they were able to get by New Orleans.

But the Lakers get this one, so now all of the Laker fans can gush over how superior their team is, and how overrated Lebron is. Can't wait to play again (Hopefully with Z and/or West back).

I really don't think West was the guy we were missing, and I'm a HUGE fan. Kid even dresses cool, with funky jackets and t-shirts. Very unusual for a kinda-sorta black dude. But he's becoming the heart and soul of this team pretty fast.

Agree that West is becoming a team leader after LeBron

That said, with Pavlovic scoring 19 and 14 and covering Kobe well, that's not much drop off at all.

BIG drop-off from West to Pavlovic. Sasha is slow and doesn't go to the hole as evidenced by his lack of

free throws. He HAS played extremely well in the last 2 games. West is a FAR superior defender than Sasha.

We were REALLY outmanned inside by Gasol, Bynum, Odom... everybody. We had to let Wally cover bigs far too many times. We lack an inside scoring presence and Hickson isn't ready to be that guy. Maybe next year.

We miss Z really bad. And I'd start Andy V. over Ben in a heartbeat at the four. He does all the nasty work Ben does but can put the ball in the hoop a little bit.

When healthy, this team's depth will be Laker-esque. In fact, we have too many guards because you can only realistically play four, which leaves either Wally or Sasha out in the cold when West returns. Which is why Wally probably needs to be moved along with a couple picks for someone who can score inside.

I think Mo, Delonte, Andy, and Z are a picture-perfect supporting cast for Lebron. Championship stuff.

Wallace is not 100%. He has been sick with the flu and his strength is down. If you watch teams play the Cavs, as

soon as Wally comes off the bench the next offensive play goes to the player he is covering. He is a HUGE

liability on defense.

You're 100% correct that this team misses Z and his bulk on the inside. I aggre that when the Cavs get

healthy they are a force.

The difference in the game last night was Gasol/Bynum, and though we were missing Z, he can't stop both of them even on the best night of his career. The other difference was Sasha Vujacic. Our guards could not stop him from making every shot he took. Lakers are a partcicularly bad matchup for the Cavs with their two 7 footers.

Cavs definately have a ton of depth, but a low-post dominant scorer, like Gasol and Bynum, is what LeBron needs and has needed for a long time. I think that has a huge effect on a team's offense.

The Cavs do have some talent around LeBron, but the better part about the supporting cast is the depth.

Guest Masters
I really don't think West was the guy we were missing, and I'm a HUGE fan. Kid even dresses cool, with funky jackets and t-shirts. Very unusual for a kinda-sorta black dude. But he's becoming the heart and soul of this team pretty fast.

That said, with Pavlovic scoring 19 and 14 and covering Kobe well, that's not much drop off at all.

We were REALLY outmanned inside by Gasol, Bynum, Odom... everybody. We had to let Wally cover bigs far too many times. We lack an inside scoring presence and Hickson isn't ready to be that guy. Maybe next year.

We miss Z really bad. And I'd start Andy V. over Ben in a heartbeat at the four. He does all the nasty work Ben does but can put the ball in the hoop a little bit.

When healthy, this team's depth will be Laker-esque. In fact, we have too many guards because you can only realistically play four, which leaves either Wally or Sasha out in the cold when West returns. Which is why Wally probably needs to be moved along with a couple picks for someone who can score inside.

I think Mo, Delonte, Andy, and Z are a picture-perfect supporting cast for Lebron. Championship stuff.

Here's the thing Shep, missing Z and West really screws up CLE's rotation. When you lose two starters, all kind of things go wacky. You end up with James play PF more, as well as no one to really spell him. Sasha and Wally have to rotate at the 2 guard, which leaves no one really to play SF of the bench.

Not having West certainly hurts CLE's perimiter D, which then resulted in guys wide open down low because they were rotating out.

Would having West have helped CLE inside? Probably not. But James shooting like crap last night didn't help things at all. Along with all the turn overs.

Archived