THE BROWNS BOARD

Maualuga

Guest Aloysius

My daughter went ga-ga over Sanchez. It got weird.

LOL....I know how that goes. At least in your case your Missy was gaga over somebody you could watch and enjoy.

When mine was about 13 I had to take her and a couple of her girlfriends down to Atlanta for a overnight to see a Michael Bolton concert.

Not so bad now, but at the time...yikes. :blink:

Whether RM slides down or not, I still want to package DA & our 5th pick for additional picks...the LB I want is Clay M Jr. I do not want RM.

Mike

I think a huge mistake to pass on Rey M. We should try and trade down and take him at 12 or so but We haven't had a Quality ILB in FOREVER!

I know alot of you aren't Fans of Rey maualuga....fine and dandy....What I know is that in my lifetime the Browns have never had a great MLB....we have also never been to the superbowl.....the last time we had a good MLB was when we made it to the AFC championship game...ie Mike Johnson/ Eddie Johnson. Off the top of my head...how many superbowls Rings do Jack Lambert, Ken Norton, Teddy Bruschi....have? 11 more than the Browns have ever even come close to......3 guys, 11 rings out of 43 superbowls. Just a thought and just to name 3 guys! forget about the one ~hit Wonders, lewis, singletary and Brooks. The Identity of a defense starts and ends with the inside lineBackers...It is the reason the Cleveland Browns do not have and Identity on D!

WE have always needed a stud ILB and we have never been to the SUPERBOWl....coincidence maybe but I don't think so!

Guest Aloysius
Wednesday Practice Notes: Dominated his opponents in 1-on-1 pass rush drills. On one occasion, he tossed James Davis aside like a rag doll. Showed good recognition today in scrimmage work and had a good practice overall.

Off the top of my head...how many superbowls Rings do Jack Lambert, Ken Norton, Teddy Bruschi....have? 11 more than the Browns have ever even come close to......3 guys, 11 rings out of 43 superbowls. Just a thought and just to name 3 guys! forget about the one ~hit Wonders, lewis, singletary and Brooks. The Identity of a defense starts and ends with the inside lineBackers...It is the reason the Cleveland Browns do not have and Identity on D!

singletary's already in the hall of fame, and ray lewis and derrick brooks likely will be once they're eligible. though they each only won one super bowl, they all lead their teams for multiple years and changed the games they played in. they were hardly one hit wonders.

also, derrick brooks is an outside backer, and i think he plays the weak side.

I was being fascitious....but you nailed me POINT spot on! Brooks plays inside! ^ MLB's....14 superbowl rings....Browns, no MLB's of note....ZERO appearences in the superbowl....Let's go through all 43 Bowl games both winners and losers and I guarantee there will be a super list of MIDDLE linebackers! Sicks of having pussi es inside our D!

Brooks plays outside. And of course if you look at the look at the superbowl champion teams you will see lots of good linebackers, good teams usually have good players. It doesn't mean that the MLB was THE reason the teams won. And for many of the superbowls there was no salary cap, which led to lots of teams being really stacked.

For the reading challenged: "The Identity of a defense starts and ends with the inside lineBackers...It is the reason the Cleveland Browns do not have and Identity on D!

WE have always needed a stud ILB and we have never been to the SUPERBOWl....coincidence maybe but I don't think so! '

For the reading challenged: "The Identity of a defense starts and ends with the inside lineBackers...It is the reason the Cleveland Browns do not have and Identity on D!

WE have always needed a stud ILB and we have never been to the SUPERBOWl....coincidence maybe but I don't think so! '

Solon: you are operating under then (by all accounts so far, false) assumption that Maualuga is the next Singletary or Lewis.

Brooks was the MLB when they won the superbowl in 2002, moved outside when barrett rudd was drafted. mz the pussy I'm going by the assumption that the only time the Browns have been good in my lifetime is when they had Mike and Eddie Johnson as MLB's. And to pass on Rey is a mistake because he is a difference maker. Said the same thing about Mayo, Patrick Willis and Demeco ryans!

From Steuber: It’s amazing how Rey Maualuga makes everything he does on the field look so effortless, and his play on Wednesday was no different. In one-on-one blocking drills, Maualuga went up against Clemson running back James Davis. Maualuga completely took Davis out of the play with a vicious rip move that left one Jaguars coach shaking his head and smiling. After that incredible move, the nonchalant Maualuga jogged back to where the rest of the linebackers were waiting their turn and started playing with his hair.

I fully expected Maualuga to dominate in these drills. In fact, if he didn't I would have been HIGHLY surprised. As I was watching the practices even Mayock had to admit that the defenses KNEW it was going to be a run 99.9% of the time...which then lets a downhill player like Maualuga to just pin his ears back and do what he does best.

The fact that Matthews was able to stand out is all the more impressive. He is NOT the downhill guy, but the all around guy who plays well in space. These drills do not favor him in comparison to the other downhill players.

With no misdirection...and no passes to deter him...Maualuga was in his comfort zone this entire practice week. It did absolutely nothing to dispell the critiques of his ability to cover and/or overrun a play.

Still, he WAS impressive.

Archived