THE BROWNS BOARD

Django

one of my best friends was a film major at SUNY. yet i was the one who was editing video for a commercial photog on an old media 100 system.

he finally bought a canon LS-1 when they were the big thing about ten years ago to make 'his' film, then ended up selling weeks later to pay rent. he had paid me and some college kid to storyboard it for him and everything. come to find out it was a terrible copy of a movie someone had mentioned earlier: resevoir dogs. (btw,thought that sucked).

he's still moving furniture for a living and still talking about making his film and becoming some great director.

tick tock. tick tock....................

i think tarantino can be hit or miss. i like the fact that he is trying to bring back the cheese that filled every b movie in the 70's. his collaboration with direct rodriguez years ago in the campy drive-in movie styled 'grindhouse' was complete genious.

I think tarantino can be hit or miss. i like the fact that he is trying to bring back the cheese that filled every b movie in the 70's. his collaboration with direct rodriguez years ago in the campy drive-in movie styled 'grindhouse' was complete genious.

I think I'll side with you Mik. Regarding Tarantino- Rarely venture over here- but loved Kill Bill & Django, totally didn't get (yeah, I'm one of the few) Pulp Fiction. .

If You didn't see Django as Tarantino's tribute to Mel Gibson's Blazing Saddles you ought to take a look at where Quentin was coming from in that movie. :)

Archived