THE BROWNS BOARD

Robiskie could be a sleeper in the draft

Mr. T

Guest Aloysius

In one on one drills today, Robiskie couldn't get separation on a slower CB (Macho Harris) or a safety (Patrick Chung). When matched up against a physical DB, Robiskie will struggle getting open.

He may end up being a decent #2 receiver, but I don't see him being a "sleeper" type (he's projected to be a 2nd or 3rd Round pick).

Guest ATENEARS

I don't see him as having NFL speed ... actually I'm not that happy with any part of his game, although I'm bias because I hated his dad when he coached here.

This was a down era for OSU WR's and he's Robiskie is the poster child for this down era.

Seriously, I don't care to have him even as a walk-on, undrafted free-agent.

agreed. he's far from the caliber of player who will have success in the NFL. when someone has limited physical ability like robiskie does, he needs to have an insane work ethic to have success, and there's been no indication that he does.

agreed. he's far from the caliber of player who will have success in the NFL. when someone has limited physical ability like robiskie does, he needs to have an insane work ethic to have success, and there's been no indication that he does.

Robiskie is making a name for himself at the Senior Bowl (per McShay)

• One receiver whose stock is on the rise through the first two days is Ohio State's Brian Robiskie. He continues to separate himself from the pack as the most polished receiver on the North roster. He showed precise cuts out of his stem and was able to throttle down instantly when running stop and comeback routes. Robiskie opened scouts' eyes with a beautiful catch during seven-on-seven drills, going up high on a skinny post while displaying soft hands to haul in the throw. At this point he appears to be the receiver who should have the easiest transition at the next level.

I am one who thought he would be a good guy for us to pick up...but if this keeps up he will be too high for us to get.

Guest Aloysius

There's some disagreement on how Robiskie looks:

Monday Practice Notes: Clearly the former Buckeye is not the fastest or quickest receiver, but he had a very solid day all around. Ran good routes, and the inconsistency seen with his hands late in Ohio State’s season was not apparent today. Also doubled as a punt returner.

Tuesday Practice Notes: Robiskie is sure handed but slow and does not stand out. He caught the ball well but was unable to shake defenders out of breaks or down the field.

A lot of this stuff is pretty subjective. From what I saw yesterday, Robiskie wasn't at all impressive.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Aloysius

Just heard Todd McShay say that Robiskie plays like a 4.55 receiver, but he's used his experience as a track guy to get himself in the low 4.4-high 4.3 40 range.

If that's true, Robiskie won't make it out of the 2nd Round.

Just heard Todd McShay say that Robiskie plays like a 4.55 receiver, but he's used his experience as a track guy to get himself in the low 4.4-high 4.3 40 range.

If that's true, Robiskie won't make it out of the 2nd Round.

Just let us not be the suckers to fall for it...

I have no idea where you get any of this. The guy is 6'3" and 207 lbs. He'll run a very resectable 4.5 or just under. He gets very physical with corners rather than just trying to beat them.

He does, despite what some posters are claiming, have very good and very soft hands. Was hampered his senior year with a shoulder injury.

He was projected as 1st round pick had he left his junior year and now his stock has dropped due to a less than stellar senior season. But I attribute that to to Pryor and injury more than anything Robiskie has or hasn't done.

Yet you say he's "Far from the caliber of player who will have success in the NFL"

A 1st or 2nd round pick is expected to have success in the NFL.....Scouts certainly don't agree with your "Far" comment.

He also ended up being one of the standouts at the senior bowl.

The kid has been s student of the game since he was a little kid....Jerry Rice once talked about how a very Young Brian would talk to him about Rice's game in the lockeroom.

He reminds me so much of Chris Carter. Same exact size. Same speed. Extremely intelligent.

I think he's a sleeper too.

To say he has bad hands is a real stretch. Anybody that has watched him over his career at OSU knows this kid has very good hands.

If you don't like him, you don't like him, but you can't just throw out stuff like he has bad hands. I saw him drop maybe 3 or 4 passes in his entire career at OSU. He seemed to get open usually against the opponents best corner. He is big and physical and cataches the ball over the middle. He runs good disciplined routes with decent speed.

I guess to some that's a dog........................................but everybody is entitled to an opinion.

I think the change at qb affected Robiskie's perceived inability to catch more than anything else.

Face it, with as much potential as Terrelle Pryor has, he was throwing some ugly balls that may have been accurate but wobbled worse than a Frye pass.

Might have something to do with it.

would love to have Robiskie!

So would I!! I like Joe J, but I will actually be surprised if he can come back...even THIS year. Robiskie (IMHO) could be a very nice replacement.

Mike

Archived