THE BROWNS BOARD

Offseason Wishlist

Flyin J

With the second most salary cap space in the league and a new regime we will see plenty of roster turnover this offseason. You can count on us overpaying for two or three big name guys in FA. My hope is for us to fill RG, CB, FB, K, P holes all through FA. That would free us up to take one of the stud DE's with the #6 pick. If Moore or Werner doesnt drop to us though it will get interesting. I think in that case we almost have to pursue a trade down as there will be no player worth takingit at a position of need (all according to precombine ratings which will change). FS will be another position we have to look at. Jarius Byrd is the only FA im interested in so without a trade down in the first our options should be pretty good in the third. Rambo, McDonald, Vaccaro all come to mind and all could be good players we can get in that round. Thoughts?

I think you are full of Bollixxx if you say there should be no one at a position of need at the #6 pick. Here are some potential candidates at Browns position of need who might be there at #6:

Jarvis Jones OLB

Damontre Moore DE

Bjoern Werner DE

Chance Warmack OG

Barkevious Mingo OLB

Dee Milliner CB

These guys are all rated in the top 10. Positions of non-need for the Browns that might go before they draft:

QB Geno Smith

OT Luke Joeckel

DT Star Lotuleilei.

DT Johnathan Hankins

It is highly possible that as many as 3-4 of the players on the first list above could be available when the Browns pick.

Moore and Werner are great. I think we'll target a CB via FA. Jones has injury concerns which may cause him to drop, but at the very least hes a risk i dont think we can afford to take with that pick. #6 is way too high for a guard, but if we trade down id love Warmack. And no thanks on Mingo, that guy disappears during games and has crap numbers.

Archived